Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Our bags are packed, we're ready to cruise. I think😁. First cruise post covid, and hoping I've got everything sorted. RATs Neg, and uploaded, so that's a good start. Looking forward to being rocked to sleep tomorrow night. Thank you Julie for mentioning this thread in the RC. This forum is new to me, so took a few minutes to find. Here's to a great trip around our Island. 🌴🐳🌺🥂💤

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just had one! 🤣🤣🤣

Actually I think I have cruise ship withdrawal symptoms. I can't sleep properly without the ship rocking me to sleep. Seriously! I slept really well on the last cruise. The best I've slept in years.

Do you still feel the motion of the cruise on land after the cruise?  I do!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gazpam said:

Our bags are packed, we're ready to cruise. I think😁. First cruise post covid, and hoping I've got everything sorted. RATs Neg, and uploaded, so that's a good start. Looking forward to being rocked to sleep tomorrow night. Thank you Julie for mentioning this thread in the RC. This forum is new to me, so took a few minutes to find. Here's to a great trip around our Island. 🌴🐳🌺🥂💤

See you onboard 🥰🥰🥰🥰

10 hours ago, Cbtours said:

image.jpeg.691be54c1de519c82f0a6a2c521de5f9.jpeg

Don't forget your summer clothes.  

• Brisbane Thursday 16-24
  • Cairns ? Saturday 23-31
  • Darwin ? Tuesday 26-32 showers

(Too lazy to look up actual days in Cairns and Darwin)  Enjoy the hot weather!

I was wearing summer clothes on GC before I left.  They haven't been out of my port here.  In Sydney I've been wearing woollen layers!  Even one of my umbrellas turned inside out with bent spokes.  Next day I took an English rain jacket with a hood which was perfect for the windy wet conditions. Lucky I brought two pairs of my shoes as my wet pair took days to dry out.   

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Don't forget your summer clothes.  

• Brisbane Thursday 16-24
  • Cairns ? Saturday 23-31
  • Darwin ? Tuesday 26-32 showers

(Too lazy to look up actual days in Cairns and Darwin)  Enjoy the hot weather!

I was wearing summer clothes on GC before I left.  They haven't been out of my port here.  In Sydney I've been wearing woollen layers!  Even one of my umbrellas turned inside out with bent spokes.  Next day I took an English rain jacket with a hood which was perfect for the windy wet conditions. Lucky I brought two pairs of my shoes as my wet pair took days to dry out.   

Layers is my cue! It’s currently 7 deg here in Melbourne and we’re getting ready to leave for the airport! 5.28am🥰🥳

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Layers is my cue! It’s currently 7 deg here in Melbourne and we’re getting ready to leave for the airport! 5.28am🥰🥳

8-18 Sydney Spring  Yes layers are the only way to go so you can peel off later.  Of course you would be experts with Melbourne's changeable weather. We always laugh that you mustn't put your winter clothes away as Melbourne people always look well dressed whatever the weather.  Not so your Queensland visitors who are freezing in summer clothes in January!

Have a good flight and a wonderful circumnavigation of Australia.  

• Haha 1

I will be following your journey with interest. Until all the changes to our cruises earlier in the year, we were booked on this cruise, but had to make a decision about which one to cancel and cancelled the circumnavigation. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you still feel the motion of the cruise on land after the cruise?  I do!

This time I have but very, very mildly. I was a bit concerned after our first cruise this year as I've had a couple of strong after-effects after a couple of cruises pre-Covid that took a couple of weeks to go away. But this time is the first time since the restart that I've noticed it.

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Did you get caught up in that security issue at Melbourne airport? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Wow that's early but a good time to allow for any mishaps at the airport which of course did happen today.   Hope it did not affect you both.

58 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Did you get caught up in that security issue at Melbourne airport? 

Yep! Extra queues and we’re in priority queues but still took an hour to drop bags snd screen. However we’re in the lounge enjoying breakfast and our 10.30 flight still on schedule so all good. We always allow tons of time and would rather sit at the airport in the lounge than in a queue of traffic

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Yep! Extra queues and we’re in priority queues but still took an hour to drop bags snd screen. However we’re in the lounge enjoying breakfast and our 10.30 flight still on schedule so all good. We always allow tons of time and would rather sit at the airport in the lounge than in a queue of traffic

You will miss the embarkation lunch today then, Horizon Court for you, good food in there plenty of variety....Enjoy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You will miss the embarkation lunch today then, Horizon Court for you, good food in there plenty of variety....Enjoy.

our flight is 10.30, and have princess transfers booked so not sure. What time does MDR lunch go too??? I’m sure we won’t starve 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

I will be following your journey with interest. Until all the changes to our cruises earlier in the year, we were booked on this cruise, but had to make a decision about which one to cancel and cancelled the circumnavigation. Enjoy your cruise.

We were booked on this one snd Feb 2024. Cancelled that one and changed to Syd Hawaii sept 23

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

8-18 Sydney Spring  Yes layers are the only way to go so you can peel off later.  Of course you would be experts with Melbourne's changeable weather. We always laugh that you mustn't put your winter clothes away as Melbourne people always look well dressed whatever the weather.  Not so your Queensland visitors who are freezing in summer clothes in January!

Have a good flight and a wonderful circumnavigation of Australia.  

Fortunately we go to airport very early so the delays this morning re screening didn’t affect our flight at 10.30. 

23 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Phew! Hopefully your flight will leave on time. Coral is at the OPT waiting for you to arrive.😊

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

We were booked on this one snd Feb 2024. Cancelled that one and changed to Syd Hawaii sept 23

We're thinking of watching for cancellations on the Sept 23 Hawaii cruise. We've had this one booked for Oct 23 for a while but then we got the last minute opportunity to do it now. So we'll have to decide whether to repeat this next year or to do the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise again if a good cabin becomes available. Ah, us cruisers have such tough decisions to make.🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're thinking of watching for cancellations on the Sept 23 Hawaii cruise. We've had this one booked for Oct 23 for a while but then we got the last minute opportunity to do it now. So we'll have to decide whether to repeat this next year or to do the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise again if a good cabin becomes available. Ah, us cruisers have such tough decisions to make.🤣🤣🤣

Coming to you live from flight QF 420 somewhere over the clouds 😂 good old wifi inflight.

took off on time so you won’t have to hold Coral for us ☺️

we are group a boarding which said 12, first group. So it was 11am in Brisbane. Is this because itinerary says 6.45 pm departure. Or are you guys on board already?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Have a great time everyone, and I gather they already started embarkation.

Handing over with the ship in perfect condition.

We’re on our flight descent so we’ll find out soon

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Coming to you live from flight QF 420 somewhere over the clouds 😂 good old wifi inflight.

took off on time so you won’t have to hold Coral for us ☺️

we are group a boarding which said 12, first group. So it was 11am in Brisbane. Is this because itinerary says 6.45 pm departure. Or are you guys on board already?

We're onboard. We got to the OPT just after 11am and went straight through the Elite Lane. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3