Celebrity Edge V Celebrity Reflections, drinks package and which ship??

CruiseVirgin2512

I am looking at booking either Edge 10 nights or Reflections 7 nights both January and Caribbean from Port Everglades. 
A huge different in price about £1250, then there’s the drinks packaged 🤦‍♀️. I don’t drink loads, but like a couple also water and tea/coffee. Husband a few beers. 
They want me to buy premier drinks package when I book, it’s through an agent not Celebrity as cruise cheaper. 
Firstly any help advise and choosing between the ships? 
Do I buy drinks package now or add on through Celebrity? Do they do any deals on them.

Newbie cruiser and really need some friendly help and advise. 
Thanks 

I love the Edge haven’t sailed Refection but sailed a sister ship , if you only have a few beers , I doubt drink package is worth it , there is always free water and coffee .  How much are they charging for the drink package.

2 hours ago, CruiseVirgin2512 said:

On the edge it’s Premier package including WIFi and is an extra £840 for us both for 10 days. What do you think? Guess I need to consider exchange rate too. Thanks for replying. 

You might be drinking more than usual on the edge , WiFi is nice , and it’s nice not to worry about what your bill will be like at end of the cruise. Normally celebrity sells WiFi separate and they have two drink plans one premium other isn’t, you definitely do not need premium if you drink beer. I agree might open this on celebrity board.

Do a bit of math - with drinks menu in front of you. I might (just barely) on one day of a cruise have enough drinks to match the average daily intake necessary to make the package worthwhile.

I’ve not sailed Edge - but I would imagine service and amenities would be comparable on both ships —- I just do not like that absurd outside elevator; so, other things being equal……

5 hours ago, CruiseVirgin2512 said:

I am looking at booking either Edge 10 nights or Reflections 7 nights both January and Caribbean from Port Everglades. 
A huge different in price about £1250, then there’s the drinks packaged 🤦‍♀️. I don’t drink loads, but like a couple also water and tea/coffee. Husband a few beers. 
They want me to buy premier drinks package when I book, it’s through an agent not Celebrity as cruise cheaper. 
Firstly any help advise and choosing between the ships? 
Do I buy drinks package now or add on through Celebrity? Do they do any deals on them.

Newbie cruiser and really need some friendly help and advise. 
Thanks 

My thoughts on ship drinks packages ... they're kinda gimmicky, unless you drink a lot (as we used to do).  It's neat to not have a bar bill at the end of the cruise, but budget-wise for 'small drinkers' I think you're better off paying as you go.  We did buy a drinks package on Cunard a few years ago, but Queen Victoria's  included bottles of water in the cabin and specialty coffees, so it worked for us.  I searched for drinks' prices first (amazing what you can find out on CC!), so I knew what I was comparing.  Cruise lines sometimes bundle in a free drinks package, but you prepay the gratuities.  If you usually have a cocktail and a glass of wine daily, you're wasting money on the package. 

Edited by jsn55
clarity