Does anyone know this restaurant?

bronski

My husband and I visited this resto on a previous trip to Cozumel (2014).  I realize it might not even be there anymore.

However, just putting it out there if anyone knows/recognizes it and can tell me what it’s called.

It was definitely away from the tourist centre of town.  We walked into town many blocks.  It was a large place, had the look of a mission, with clay roof tiles, open air arches. Was on a large piece of property surrounded by gardens and fountains you could also stroll through.

We will be stopping at Cozumel next month on a cruise and would really like to find it again!

Many thanks if anyone can help

160567F2-5993-4B46-AA11-7B43B4677CAB.jpeg

Yep.  This is Casa Mission.  There is a great new website that has an interactive map showing all restaurants and bars on Cozumel that is much more up-to-date than Google.  It also has an interactive list of Cozumel restaurants if you can only remember the name and not the location. https://everythingcozumel.com/interactive-city-map/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Might also be La Choza.... in the same area and same architecture.  Its our favorite in town.

Coz_LaChoza20190419_102249.jpg

Coz_LaChozaDSCF1403.jpg

As much as I like La Choza I don’t recall any beams on the ceiling or “gardens and fountains you could stroll  through” unless you count the part at the back.

The one thing that concerns me about Casa Mission is, I don’t think the “average” person would be walking that far back in town without having a purpose or going somewhere deliberately. I have walked passed it on our way back from Chocolate factory but it isn’t somewhere I would just have been “by chance”. It isn’t in the same area as La Choza unless you are confusing it with La Mission?

On 10/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, c-leg5 said:

As much as I like La Choza I don’t recall any beams on the ceiling or “gardens and fountains you could stroll  through” unless you count the part at the back.

The one thing that concerns me about Casa Mission is, I don’t think the “average” person would be walking that far back in town without having a purpose or going somewhere deliberately. I have walked passed it on our way back from Chocolate factory but it isn’t somewhere I would just have been “by chance”. It isn’t in the same area as La Choza unless you are confusing it with La Mission?

I assure you, my photos I posted are from La Choza which I took on our cruise Feb 2020.

2 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

I assure you, my photos I posted are from La Choza which I took on our cruise Feb 2020.

No need to assure, I recognize La Choza,  have been many times but it doesn’t have beams like the photo from the OP or  match the written description from the OP.

I was simply stating La Choza is not in the area near Casa Mission. It is not far from La Mission.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  It is definitely Casa Mission when I go to their website and see more images.  I also have more pics than I posted and they match.  
It was far from ‘average”  tourist wandering for sure!  We tend to do that! Though never so that we feel unsafe.

Edited by bronski