Royal Clipper - Category 5 Storage Space

JeanKC

Hello

We're due to travel on the Royal Clipper ship next year and have a category 5 cabin. Can anyone who has had such a cabin recently advise on storage space. As we have a week in a hotel after the cruise, I was going to use a medium sized suitcase rather than a rucksack - Due to a suitcase being easier to pack, easier to find stuff in, less creasing, and even a softsided one is sturdier than a rucksack, but I just don't want any free floor space being taken up by a suitcase. All advice appreciated. 

Thanks

Jean

Thank you - But based on what Star Clipper told me when I asked about storage space, they said, I could bring all the bags I wanted, but it would all have to be stored in the cabin........so certainly, the impression from the customer service team, is not what you have experienced. Maybe the staff on-board are more accommodating!! 😃

There is normally plenty of room under the bed for a couple of good-sized suitcases. I haven't stayed in a Cat 5 on Royal, but there's nothing to suggest it would be different in this respect to a Cat 3 or 4 (which I have stayed in).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was not the Royal but we did 2 weeks on the Star Flyer this summer and we had no problem w storage.  When we got on the ship it looked as if there was not a lot of space but there were lots of nooks and crannies where you could store stuff.  Our 2 large suitcases went under the bed.

We followed up our 2 weeks on the Flyer with 1 week on one of the Viking river boats and there was more room in the Flyer cabin than the Viking cabin.

DON

• Like 1