Changes to Mock Booking

elklemi

Just tried to do mock booking and instead of getting to choose deck and cabin it immediately asked for payment information.  Can anyone provide any information on is it possible to do a mock booking and get a chance to choose deck and cabin?

Carnival has been simplifying the booking process to encourage either automatically selecting cabins or selecting rate codes that do assigned cabins in the selected category.

You have to click "Change Room" on the payment page to go back and choose your preferred cabin.

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

Pick a non guarantee rate code.

This! This is the only way I've seen what OP has described, basically the lowest rate and they pick your cabin. Interestingly, I've noticed that it now goes beyond the basic categories and lets you select a few sub options while still offering the guaranteed rate. I was temped but it's kind of confusing because there is no language acknowledging the sub categories selected (basically up-sells at booking), this is a shortcoming and will lead more people to second guess if the sub category selections will be applicable. If they added a small note that acknowledges those selections I think more folks would do it. I certainly would, I just don't want to pay more than basic category rate and end up not getting it or simply paying more.         

Edited by cruisingguy007

Thanks for the help, found the change cabin and brought me back to what I was used to seeing and can see cabins and decks available which help in deciding what I want before I call my PVP.

For new cruisers I bet they are not aware of how to find all options available.

Another confusing aspect is if there is only 1 option for a location or deck, it skips that step, "choosing" it for you.  But there's nothing on the page indicating the missing step.  

I get it's more streamlined this way (pick a deck any deck.... but you can only pick deck 2  is technically an extra click), but I prefer the clarity.