Virgin Voyages Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE

crusinthrough

This thread is for Virgin Voyages cabin information compilation. Please do not post cabin questions on this thread so that it can remain a place to post reviews of cabins. Please copy and paste the following, including the colons " : " into a post.  Add your information, including photos or links to photos, if you wish.

Ship:

Cabin#:

Deck #:

Cabin Category:

Sleeps: 1, 2, 3  or 4

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft)

Terrace/Window/Obstruction:

Noise Issues?:

Wind Issues?:

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?:

Hammock: Yes /No

Metal/Glass Terrace:

Advantages/Problems

Would You Book Again?:

Comments:

Edited by crusinthrough

Ship: Scarlet

Cabin#: 11011Z

Deck #: 11

Cabin Category: Cheeky Corner

Sleeps: 2

Cabin Location: Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Wraparound terrace, no obstruction

Noise Issues?: None

Wind Issues?: The opposite - air was very stagnant even when underway in December 2021

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: Yes, all (and only) Cheeky Corners connect to the nextdoor sea terrace (11014Z in this case)

Hammock: Yes 

Metal/Glass Terrace: Glass

Advantages/Problems: room layout is generally awkward - plenty of space, but the way furniture is arranged makes it feel smaller.

Would You Book Again?:  i'd only book this cabin if it were the last room available on the ship.

Comments:  rockstar perks are great, but not really necessary to enjoy your time.

• Like 1

Cabin#: 15299A

Deck #: 15

Cabin Category: Gorgeous Suite (Mega Rockstar)

Sleeps: 4

Cabin Location: Forward

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Large terrace, no obstruction.  Champagne table & chairs + 2 padded loungers on terrace.

Noise Issues?: music on pool deck during Scarlet Night could be heard throughout hallways, but the noise didn't really affect us in the cabin.

Wind Issues?: Nope

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: Nope

Advantages/Problems: room layout is great, especially with the couch/table setup in the corner. bathroom is very large for a cruise ship. plenty of room to sleep, get ready, eat, lounge, whatever

Would You Book Again?:  if the price were right, but it looks like the lower prices are gone for good 😞

Comments:  whitney was our roadie, and she was great!  we were able to swap out certain alcohol/mixers, get food delivered from some of the restaurants, and included laundry was a great perk!

• Like 3

Ship: Scarlet Lady

Cabin#: 15291Z

Deck #:15

Cabin Category: Gorgeous Suite - this is a wheelchair accessible suite 

Sleeps: 1, 2, 3  or 4 - sleeps 4 - 2 in king bed and 2 in couch pull out

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft) - forward 

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: large balcony with 2 sliding glass doors, one of the sliding doors had a mechanism that would pop out into a wheelchair ramp. We didn't need this so we only used the other door as we were concerned we would trip on the ramp

Wind Issues?: None

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: No

Hammock: Yes /No - Yes

Metal/Glass Terrace: - Glass 

Advantages/Problems - if you are in this cabin and don't require a wheelchair, somethings are very problematic. The bathroom is much smaller than the regular gorgeous suites - both the sink area and the shower are very small. There is very little counter room in the bathroom to put your stuff and no shelving anywhere in the bathroom. The seat in the shower takes up the whole shower when down and is annoying when its folded up. There is nowhere in the shower to place any shampoo etc if you aren't using the stuff on the wall. There is a cloth shower curtain instead of just the nice big walk in shower. Often we had to put a towel on the floor to soak up the water. The door to the bathroom is an auto slide when you push the button. We had the cabin attendant disable it so we could close it otherwise it continually opened and closed on its own. At night we left it closed to prevent it from sliding but going in and out you had to wait while it closed completely before you could open it again. The dresser by the full length mirror was much higher than normal and only had 1 drawer in it. In previous gorgeous suite stays I sat here to blow dry my hair, apply makeup but couldn't really do that as well in this configuration. 

Would You Book Again?: No. I wasn't made aware when booking that this was an accessible cabin and given the choice I would have booked a different gorgeous suite.

Comments: Virgin gave us some Future Voyage credit as compensation which was appreciated. I would absolutely not recommend this cabin for more than 1 or 2 people. 

• Like 4

Cabin#: 8042Z 

Deck #: 8

Cabin Category: Ltd View Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: Starboard, Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace room, view partially obstructed by lifeboat

Noise Issues?: Room is over one of the interior dock areas, could hear some trivia one night while getting ready for dinner, wasn't a big deal for us.

Wind Issues?: None that I recall

Advantages/Problems: We saved ~800 if I remember correctly over a normal sea terrace. You still get natural light and can see the ocean, but that lifeboat is always there. 

Would You Book Again?: Yes

• Like 2

Cabin#: 10358Z

Deck #: 10

Cabin Category: XL Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft) - Starboard forward

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: part metal balance side, part glass.  

Noise Issues?: none

Wind Issues?: some wind while in motion as in the V at the front of the ship

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: none

Metal/Glass Terrace: mixed metal and glass, only able to see a small patch of sea while seated

Advantages/Problems - terrace a little smaller than over XL cabins as one of the most forward. metal side also makes the view from the cabin a little dark. You are also looked down onto from the bridge so feels less private

Would You Book Again?: not by choice

Comments: Lots of confusion when you book to if this is a hammock cabin or not, VV on land do not know for sure. as there is only a small "ceiling" over the terrace sun lovers may be able to enjoy the outside space more than shade lovers. 

Edited by Lustate
  • Like 1

One more for now, and I'll have two new cabins from my upcoming B2B in a couple weeks!

Cabin#: 14261Z

Deck #: 14

Cabin Category: Brilliant Suite (Rockstar)

Sleeps: 4

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace with no obstruction.  Champagne table & chairs on terrace.

Advantages/Problems: Room inside is the exact same layout as the Gorgeous Mega Rockstar Suite.  The terrace is smaller than the Gorgeous, so there are no loungers, which is kind of a bummer.  No major problems, bed was comfy and couch and extra space are great.

Would You Book Again?:  probably not - if I'm going to spend as much as the Brilliants cost, i would just pony up the extra $$ to get the base mega room (Gorgeous)

Comments:  In July 2022, the terrace door had issues and apparently came fully off the track, which prevented the AC sensor from engaging, despite the fact that we "closed" the door.  We spent the evening out and about and came back to a jungle-y room at like 2am.  Maintenance came to fix it pretty quickly, but we had to wait a while for the room to get comfortable to sleep.

• Like 3

Cabin Category: Cheeky Corner Suite

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: None

Noise Issues?: During rough seas, there was a definite "thunk" from below somewhere as the ship rolled side to side.

Wind Issues?: On the March 2022 Mayan Sol voyage, there was a LOT of wind (so much that Bimini was cancelled), but only a little made it into the balcony area, which was actually the perfect amount. Sitting in the Hammock got a bit more.

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: Yes, connects via a door in the far outside corner.

Hammock: Yes, positioned away from loungers.

Advantages/Problems: The shape of the room is pretty awkward, it's a long curve with a sitting area crammed in the far side. The bathroom is large-ish, though long and narrow. Entry into the room dumps right into the closet, which feels a bit more cramped than a room this expensive should feel. There are two sliders to the GIANT balcony, which seems like one more than you really need. The way the balcony wraps around the corner of the ship gives you some pretty nice views when coming into port and while underway.

Would You Book Again?: Likely. If a huge balcony is important to you (it is to us), it's hard to beat this one.

• Like 1

Ship:  Valiant Lady

Cabin # 12154Z  

Deck # 12

Category Fully Accessible Sea Terrace

Sleeps 2

Location Midship

Obstructions None

Terrace Type Glass

Hammock Yes

Noise issues--none other than expected minimal ship noises

Wind noises--none

Advantages/Disadvantages  This room meets ALL our HA needs.  Much of the info on YouTube showing the same room on Scarlet Lady or from people who claimed to have cruised the room was wrong.  When mentioned this to host, he asked if I was sure as he'd worked on Scarlet and room (according to him) was the same there.  There is no automatic "use the force" door in the bathroom, it is a standard open and close door.  The bed DOES divide into two singles; host did this for us in about 5 minutes.  There IS a hammock.  Disadvantages--because the desk and bathroom counter are accessible, meaning that a wheelchair can user can pull the chair under them to use the desk/counter, there is no storage shelf under either.  The storage drawers that were added to the standard cabins were not added to this one, so there are 4 very shallow drawers.  Period.  Plenty of floor space to maneuver wheelchair. Shower contains fold down shower seat--it you need this, it is great.  If you were assigned this room and don't need it, the seat takes up nearly half the shower, but does fold up so it takes only inches. Emergency call button by bed could be accidentally tripped by a stray arm movement in sleep (no problem with this for us, but.....emergency call in shower can be shortened and placed out of the way with a barrette , alligator clip,, or other small clip.  The large floor drain is bigger and works better than the HA floor drains we've seen on other ships. Balcony--We've seen comments from people in wheelchairs who couldn't get the leverage to open the door.  Definitely would recommend and automatic door if remodeling is done.  The mechanism to extend the ramp is awkward.  If door is not fully opened, ramp does not fully move into place and presents a tripping hazard as well as potentially cutting bare feet or those with sandals.  The room itself has none of the "WOW" factor if the HA balcony rooms on DCL (you'll know what I mean if you've used them), but it is located right by the midship elevators and absolutely perfect for mobility issues.

Would WE use this room again--absolutely.  We have already requested it and been assigned on our next 2 cruises.  If you don't need the HA features, you will find some of them to be a pain.  You will appreciate the larger room and bathroom. If you need the features, the room is great.   I'm the non-HA person with a partner who needs them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ship: Valiant Lady

Cabin Category: Cheeky Corner (Rock Star)

Sleeps:  2

Cabin Location: Starboard,  Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: wraparound terrace, no obstruction

Noise Issues?: No noise. We could hear the music from the Dock while on the balcony but that was a pleasant addition, and we couldn't hear it inside.

Wind Issues?: No, I didn't experience wind on the balcony, although one day we did go out and observe that one of the chairs and the small table had been overturned, presumably from a big wind. But every time I was out there it was pleasant, even when underway and it seemed as though it should be windy.

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?: This cabin connects to the Sea Terrace room next to it on the Starboard side.

Advantages/Problems: The only issue I had was when pulling into port in the early mornings I did feel vibrations from the engines, and it woke me up. My husband didn't notice this so it's definitely a YMMV kinda thing.

Would You Book Again?: For the right price, definitely.

Comments: I almost didn't add this since 2 others have reviewed this room on Scarlet, but I figured it's Valiant and more opinions can't be a bad thing. We loved the room, quirky layout and all. The balcony was huge (why no 2nd hammock Virgin?) with expansive views, and the space inside was plentiful as far as we were concerned (we are not veteran cruisers). I especially appreciated the ample counter space in the bathroom. 

• Like 3

Cabin#: 10174A

Cabin Category: Central balcony 

Cabin Location: (Port,  Starboard, Forward, Aft) Aft

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: large sliding glass door

Noise Issues?: none

Wind Issues?: none

Connecting Cabin? Yes

Connect?: n/a

Metal/Glass Terrace: yes

Advantages/Problems - great central position

Would You Book Again?: already have!

Comments: amazing cabin with very comfortable bed

20221002_140543.thumb.jpg.40285febaa0d3b8cd176e980b1402ba3.jpg

20221002_135315.jpg

20221002_135330.jpg

20221002_135511.jpg

20221002_135548.jpg

20221002_135606.jpg

20221002_135621.jpg

20221002_140452.jpg

Edited by HolsAddict
To try to rotate photos
  • Like 1

@Tacocat ( _tacocat_)- Thank you for posting this information in another thread.  I'm adding it here for one stop shopping on cabin information. 

On Scarlet Lady, these are the no-hammock cabins - Valiant is her twin, so I'd guess it's the same:

DECK 9:
9366 A AND Z
9370 A AND Z
9374 A AND Z

DECK 10:
10354 A AND Z
10358 A AND Z
10362 A AND Z
10366 A AND Z
10370 A AND Z

DECK 11:
11286 Z
11346 A AND Z
11350 A AND Z
11354 A AND Z
11358 A AND Z
11362 A AND Z
11366 A AND Z
11368 A AND Z

DECK 12:
12338 A AND Z
12342 A AND Z
12346 A AND Z
12350 A AND Z
12354 A AND Z

Edited by crusinthrough
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

@Tacocat ( _tacocat_)- Thank you for posting this information in another thread.  I'm adding it here for one stop shopping on cabin information. 

from other's reports on FB and other threads here, it looks like some of these have gotten their hammocks installed now.  someone said they got an "oops your room has no hammock, here's $50 OBC for your troubles" email shortly before embarkation, then got to their cabin and it did indeed have a hammock.

still, this is a good place to start & to double check w/ VV if you are in one of these rooms!

• Like 2

Cabin#: 12255A

Deck #: 12

Cabin Category: Seriously Suite (Rockstar)

Cabin Location: Mid (between mid and forward)

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace with no obstruction.  Champagne table & chairs on terrace.

Noise Issues?: A little pool DJ noise on sea days from terrace, but not really intrusive.

Advantages/Problems: Room is a decent layout.  AC is PHENOMENAL in this suite - the best we've had in 5 voyages!  Lots of room in closet with hangers, drawers and baskets on shelves.  6 big dresser drawers + a makeup/vanity drawer in room.  Bathroom is sufficient, with lots of counter space.  Only complaint is that this suite shakes SO much.  It feels like you're sitting on a washing machine in bed - not a ton of ship movement, but you can feel mechanical-like vibrations from somewhere.  Right bed table (right side if you're in it) shakes like crazy.  I couldn't keep my glasses on the table at night because they were rattling so much, and my sunglasses rattled off the table completely!

Would You Book Again?:  probably?  i just upgraded our December 8 night to another Seriously.

Comments:  it's a little far from the mid ship elevators, but quickly accessible from the forward elevators.

• Like 2

Cabin#: 11326Z

Sleeps: 3 (normal sea bed + an ottoman with a fold-out cushion that becomes a bed perpendicular to the main bed)

Noise Issues?: No external noise issues.  You could usually hear a pin drop in the room, but the ceiling panels started rattling like crazy when we docked this morning.

Advantages/Problems: Breaking this into two because there are a lot!

Advantages

Not sure why everyone gripes about XL sea terraces - they are a great bang for the buck.  There's a ton of room, considering you're on a cruise ship.  We got the bed made into a couch on one of the sea days, which gave us even more room.  The third "bed" was also great to use as a comfy seat because the cushion is double width when stored, and you can use the table as either a snack tray on its end or a coffee table if flipped 90 degrees.

The bathroom does not have a main door, but there are individual "cubicles" for the toile and shower.  This configuration was actually the best out of all the rooms we've been in because you could keep the shower heat/moisture isolated to just the shower.  You can still use the sink and mirror without getting all steamy yourself or steaming up the room.

We were on a B2B, so we had a ton of luggage - 2 checked bags, 1 carry on sized suitcase, a backpack, a big tote, and a couple small tote bags.  We fit both checked bags under the "always a bed" part of the sea bed and the small suitcase/other bags in the closet.  We had plenty of hanging space for all of our clothes, and there were 2 very small drawers, 2 medium sized drawers, a few shelves and baskets for those shelves.  The bathroom storage also felt sufficient - - I left most of my stuff in a makeup bag on the counter, but I also used the small shelves over the counter to hold things like lotion and my toothbrush.

Disadvantages

The XL sea terraces are all far forward, so it's kind of a pain to get food if you just want to grab a quick bite (everything is mid-aft).  I can see how the bathroom might be weird for non-couples, but one person can just stay in the main room or go elsewhere while the other is in there if that's an issue. 

This particular room had a bunch of maintenance issues, ranging from mildly annoying to *****.  On the mildly annoying side, the blackout curtains are just a hair lower than the windows, so you get a little stream of light at the top.  Additionally, they didn't lay flat when closed, so there was a strip of light along the middle too.  Not to harp too much on the curtains, but the automatic button on the wall didn't open them - we always had to start pulling them and they'd automatically go after we started. 

The door to the shower cubicle was very difficult to close all the way from the inside (either a design issue or our door was just not hung properly), so water dripped in the bathroom quite a bit.

Apparently, at 10:30am, all room lights go on and curtains open across the ship.  We've never been in the room to verify that before, but there was an issue with our sensor, and that happened at 7:30am the first morning.  Maintenance immediately knew exactly what the issue was, so that leads me to believe this is a common occurrence.  Not the best way to wake up after a late night at PJ party!

Would You Book Again?:  Yep - I think this is a great value if you want a bit more room but are not spending enough time in it to justify the cost of a suite.  We just booked another XL Sea Terrace for Greece next year because we're going to be exploring the ports all day anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cabin#: 8042A

Cabin Category: Limited View Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: AFT

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace with lifeboat obstruction (see pics below)

Noise Issues?: No

Wind Issues?: No

Advantages/Problems: Loved being close to the aft stairs. Just one deck down to the Dock

Would You Book Again?: In a heartbeat.

Comments: We loved the cabin and it's location, and have 2 more sailings booked close by.

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cabin#: 8034A

Cabin Category: Limited View Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: AFT

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace with minor lifeboat obstruction (I forgot to take a pic!)

Advantages/Problems: Loved being close to the aft stairs. Just one deck down to the Dock

Would You Book Again?: In a heartbeat.

Comments: We loved the cabin and it's location, and have 2 more sailings booked close by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cabin#: 218

Deck #: 13

Cabin Category: Central Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: Mid-Z

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace, no obstruction 

Noise Issues?: Yes, I'm a light sleeper so noise bother me. You can hear thunks and feel the vibration... probably weights or something heavy being dropped on the ground from above. Or maybe moving chairs around.

Also can hear the bass from music DJ is blasting from Deck 16. You can hear people when they are either standing near your door or walking by and talking. Every so often a weird repetitive sound can be heard in the room somewhere by the door. If you leave the tablet off the charger there is a low volume high pitch sound/pulsating beeping until you put it back. This cabin is in front of emergency exit across the hall.

Advantages/Problems: You can feel it swaying side to side. Sufficient room for a solo. 

Would You Book Again?: Perhaps, but won't be my first choice. I'd probably make an effort to get a CST on 11 or 12.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Cabin#: 9126A

Deck #: 9

Cabin Category: central sea terrace 

Cabin Location: Port

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Terrace, no obstruction 

Advantages/Problems

Would You Book Again?: Would book again 

Comments: The door needs to slam to successfully lock

Cabin#: 8278A

Cabin Category: Limited view sea terrace 

Cabin Location: Port

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Yes, some lifeboat.

Noise Issues?: Vibration from the bass in the manor can be heard late at night. Earplugs did not block the thrum.

Metal/Glass Terrace: glass

Advantages/Problems

Would You Book Again?: No, Manor noise.

Comments:

Edited by publicidentity

Cabin#: 8050Z

Cabin Category: Limited view sea terrace 

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Yes, lifeboats and more blocked than 8278A

Noise Issues?: Yes, non-stop snap crackle pop in anything more than calm waters

Advantages/Problems

Would You Book Again?: No

Comments: We requested a move as this was the noisiest cabin we have ever stayed in. Thankfully, they were able to accommodate.

Cabin#: 12267Z

Deck #: 12

Cabin Category: Seriously Suite

Cabin Location: Slightly behind the forward elevator bank

Terrace/Window/Obstruction: Nope

Noise Issues?: We had a really rough voyage, rocking and rolling all night.  all of the furniture creaked!  also, not sure if it was the ADA room itself (a few doors down) or someone's scooter, but there was a pretty annoying wailing buzzer/alarm/siren/whatever that would go off at random times.  you could hear it mostly in the hall from the terrace, but was quietly audible in the room.

Advantages/Problems: Super close to the forward elevators, but that means it's kind of a hike to the Galley or Dock.  Quick access to the pool/richard's rooftop.

Would You Book Again?: maybe if i got a good deal, but prices keep going up.  i've sailed in a bunch of suites and one XL terrace, and i think the XL is the best bang for the buck.  i have a few more voyages booked, and they're all XLs.

Comments: Our rockstar agent was not the best in this suite.  not naming names to get folks in trouble, but it's kind of the luck of the draw to get a good agent.  we asked for a couple things up front and got them the next day, but any time after then that we had a question, the answer was either no, we were given incorrect information, or we just got plain old ghosted.

Cabin#: 10326A

Noise Issues?: Very quiet room, but cabin door is VERY squeaky when opening!

Advantages/Problems: This is a 2 person XL Sea Terrace.  I previously stayed in a 3 person (extra lower bed) version, and this cabin felt a bit more squishy than that one, due to the orientation of the bed and the fact that the cabin walls are slightly angled inwards towards the balcony.

Would You Book Again?: If a 3-person XL wasn't available, I'd definitely grab one of these!

Comments: Nothing else!

Cabin#: 10106A

Cabin Category: Central Sea Terrace

Cabin Location: Mid, between Mid and Aft elevators

Advantages/Problems: It's easy to find because it is right at the end of the corridor before the corridor makes a sharp turn. I also really like deck 10 as it feels very central and easy to get around the ship from there.

Would You Book Again?: Yes probably

Comments: So on cruisedeckplans this cabin appears to have an angled balcony but it also appears like it may be short due to the deck layout. It's the most aft cabin with the "central" sea terrace designation. We got it as an upgrade from a Lock It In Limited View Sea Terrace. However, this cabin has a regular balcony, the cabin next door 10102A has a larger balcony with the extra angled portion. So for those looking for that that's the one to book!

Edited by aqlollipop