Thanksgiving on Sky?

Twocoasts

we have spent lots of Thanksgivings on NCL (for the same reason you mention!)- and yes they always had a special Thanksgiving themed menu in the main dining rooms, and a big spread of Thanksgiving favorites in the buffet. I haven't been on the Sky for it though we did enjoy it on the Sun once.

• Like 1

We were on the Encore just this past Thanksgiving and had a great time. We ate in Cagneys because we wanted a really good meal so I can’t speak about the MDR but I know that carved turkey and fixings were served in the Buffet. Everyone on board was in a holiday mood. Many large family groups.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, Twocoasts said:

We booked this short cruise to use up some expiring credits--and it gave us an excuse to not host the holiday (kidding...sort of!). Does NCL do anything special for Thanksgiving? 

We are doing the exact same thing.  Arrived at the Hilton yesterday and will board the Sky tomorrow.   (*I simply didn't want to be rushed*)

We couldn't decide on which set of parents to disappoint... nor which daughter. So we are disappointing All of them! 🙃🙂

We are choosing Cagney's for Wednesday in hopes that there will be some sort of Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will absolutely book for Thanksgiving again.  While there were a lot of families, they only had 60% occupancy.  So there was more of the "parental overstretched" but the kids were heard more than seen. 

The staff were lovely about making it festive. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, TennYear said:

We will absolutely book for Thanksgiving again.  While there were a lot of families, they only had 60% occupancy.  So there was more of the "parental overstretched" but the kids were heard more than seen. 

The staff were lovely about making it festive. 

We enjoyed the cruise but on a scale of 1 to 10, give them a 3 for Thanksgiving. Food in the buffet was terrible for Thanksgiving dinner.  We were surprised because even lunch the first day was great! We chose the buffet because people had posted that NCL does a fabulous Thanksgiving buffet. Big mistake. We should have done a specialty restaurant for Thursday. Live and learn. 

Other than that it was a great cruise. Will post a brief review shortly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 11:15 AM, Twocoasts said:

We enjoyed the cruise but on a scale of 1 to 10, give them a 3 for Thanksgiving. Food in the buffet was terrible for Thanksgiving dinner.  We were surprised because even lunch the first day was great! We chose the buffet because people had posted that NCL does a fabulous Thanksgiving buffet. Big mistake. We should have done a specialty restaurant for Thursday. Live and learn. 

Other than that it was a great cruise. Will post a brief review shortly. 

Oh.  We don't generally eat at the buffet.  We simply went to the Main DR and it was just fabulous.  While hubby went with the traditional turkey with all the trimmings, (*and they trimmed it very extensively*) - I went with something less traditional but all the autumn flavors.  Penne with a Pumpkin cream sauce, with bits of gorgonzola, spinach and butternut squash.  Absolutely my new favorite thing. 

• Like 1

I spent this past Thanksgiving on the Joy in Bermuda.  All the football games were shown.  

Decided to have the turkey in the main dining room and I think it was a mistake.  Turkey definitely tasted processed and the small dollop of stuffing was not as good as Stovetop.  Probably should have opted for the buffet to get real carved turkey.  Thought this quality would be served in MDR.  My mistake.