All-Inclusive for a range of demographics!

kayjaypea42

Hi everyone! I will be going to Cozumel on NCL Prima in early December for a family reunion.  MOST of the family is retirement age, but there are some people in their 30's and 40's, and some toddlers (3yo, 1.5yo) as well.  I'd like to find a place for the family where everyone can enjoy a clean beach with easy water entrance (some of the fam have issues with mobility -- unsteady on their feet, not wheelchair bound), but also one where there are other things to do available.  I'm considering Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach Club (though someone said the pool is closed for ongoing repairs as of Oct), and Nachi Cocum.  I've been to Playa Mia and was not impressed by it because we had to rent umbrellas separately.  I'm not sure what other options are available.  Any advice?  Thanks!!

Edited by kayjaypea42

2 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Hi everyone! I will be going to Cozumel on NCL Prima in early December for a family reunion.  MOST of the family is retirement age, but there are some people in their 30's and 40's, and some toddlers (3yo, 1.5yo) as well.  I'd like to find a place for the family where everyone can enjoy a clean beach with easy water entrance (some of the fam have issues with mobility -- unsteady on their feet, not wheelchair bound), but also one where there are other things to do available.  I'm considering Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach Club (though someone said the pool is closed for ongoing repairs as of Oct), and Nachi Cocum.  I've been to Playa Mia and was not impressed by it because we had to rent umbrellas separately.  I'm not sure what other options are available.  Any advice?  Thanks!!

Take a look at some of the hotel day passes through Island Marketing or Shore excursioneer or other brokers for ideas and then ask about specific places. I would have suggested Allegra but it would be touch and go if it has reopened by then after fire.

9 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

As much as I love Nachi Cocum, I will warn you that the pool is great, but no railings or walkdown steps to get in and the beach has a dropoff when the tide is heading out.

Be interesting to see how DW and I do, this December, as we have both gotten much less mobile since our last visit.

Take a look at Paradise Beach's pool and see how accessible it is.

Somebody who has been to Paradise Beach will have to fill you in as to the beach access.

I know Paradise has more inflatable toys for the kids than Nachi.

Edited by bguppies

6 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Thank you so much! That is really helpful!

8 hours ago, bguppies said:

As much as I love Nachi Cocum, I will warn you that the pool is great, but no railings or walkdown steps to get in and the beach has a dropoff when the tide is heading out.

Be interesting to see how DW and I do, this December, as we have both gotten much less mobile since our last visit.

Take a look at Paradise Beach's pool and see how accessible it is.

Somebody who has been to Paradise Beach will have to fill you in as to the beach access.

I know Paradise has more inflatable toys for the kids than Nachi.

There are definitely steps and rail on this photo of the pool at Nachi from 2017

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/11/29/excursion-focus-nachi-cocom-beach-break-review-cozumel-mexico

although I agree older photos from @mitsugirly don’t show the steps, so I am wondering if they have been added since your last visit?  I was interested because I didn’t remember having a problem on my last visit.

There have definitely been reports of difficulty getting in and out of the ocean.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

And IIRC, Nachi does limit # of guests each day (50?), so your reservations request would be in competition to others. 

Unless a pool is a make or break, Paradise Beach would be my choice over Mr Sanchos. 

I am not sure if Nachi have returned to Pre-covid capacity, but it had increased to 130 over the years.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, kayjaypea42 said:

Do you have other children or teens in your group? Are you looking for water toys (inflatables etc); or jets skis, kayaks, parasailing; snorkeling/helmet diving?

On 10/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, c-leg5 said:

There are definitely steps and rail on this photo of the pool at Nachi from 2017

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/11/29/excursion-focus-nachi-cocom-beach-break-review-cozumel-mexico

although I agree older photos from @mitsugirly don’t show the steps, so I am wondering if they have been added since your last visit?  I was interested because I didn’t remember having a problem on my last visit.

There have definitely been reports of difficulty getting in and out of the ocean.

Yeah. Probably.

They used to have I think two of those climb in ladders and we had taken someone with mobility issues like a decade ago and I felt bad because I had never thoguht about accessibilty, just about how peaceful it would be for them.

23 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

And IIRC, Nachi does limit # of guests each day (50?), so your reservations request would be in competition to others. 

Unless a pool is a make or break, Paradise Beach would be my choice over Mr Sanchos. 

I know Nachi used to be a limit of 100, but they had raised it to 130 before covid.

I'd imagine by now, they should be back to pre-covid limits.

But it should be less crowded than Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach, if that is important. (it is to us)

36 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Do you have other children or teens in your group? Are you looking for water toys (inflatables etc); or jets skis, kayaks, parasailing; snorkeling/helmet diving?

The only kids in our group are a pair of toddlers, aged 3 and 2.  I don't think they're quite old enough to enjoy the kiddy pool areas.  The rest of the activities are a nice-to-have but definitely not mandatory.  Mostly, I need a clean reasonably accessible beach, pool, and some decent drinks and food.

2 hours ago, bguppies said:

I know Nachi used to be a limit of 100, but they had raised it to 130 before covid.

I'd imagine by now, they should be back to pre-covid limits.

But it should be less crowded than Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach, if that is important. (it is to us)

It appeals to an entirely different market than Mr Sanchos and Paradise. There is really no comparison (other than they are all pushing AI now) but they all have their place.

I have never actually been to Mr Sanchos (yet!) but I have been to the other two, and several AI resorts.

15 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

The only kids in our group are a pair of toddlers, aged 3 and 2.  I don't think they're quite old enough to enjoy the kiddy pool areas.  The rest of the activities are a nice-to-have but definitely not mandatory.  Mostly, I need a clean reasonably accessible beach, pool, and some decent drinks and food.

I'd look into Paradise Beach in here and on  Google.

Tons of threads comparing Paradise Beach versus Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos.

Especially look for photos of the pool (for accessibility) and info about beach access. (Paradise Beach is just a short way down from Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sanchos, so I'm not sure if it has the same "shelving" issues that Nachi does)

As small as the kids in your group are, sounds like the comfort of the older part of your group's accessibility is the more important part.

Playa Mia has alot of stuff for a little older kids (6-15 ish) and the other beaches inflatable toys would cater to older kids also.

Hopefully someone who has used some of the smaller beach clubs might be anle to give you another suggestion.

That is the truly great thing in Cozumel is the wide diversity between their beach clubs to let you choose an almost perfectly tailored day to your wants.