Argentina covid??

Lojay2

Has anyone heard if there are any covid restrictions/requirements for cruising out of Argentina?  

We are scheduled for this spring out of Buenos Aires and not sure if Celebrity has lifted all their covid restrictions like they have for cruising out of the US 

Sorry I don’t have an answer for you I have been searching travel requirements also, don’t know if we can take our own Covid test before boarding or need to have it taken by a lab before we go. Been searching everywhere and can find no info

Thank you for that, the specific question I need answered though is before boarding does Argentina require me to have a Covid test? 
if it’s celebrity requiring the test can we self test as we do in the US ports?

also, I did read yesterday that we do not have to fill out the medical questionnaire on line to go to Argentina, can anyone confirm that is correct?

very hard to find actual information on the requirements to cruise out of South America, calling celebrity is such a hassle and they don’t always know either.

thanks cruise critic friends

No Covid test is required for entry into Argentina.  For boarding, that may be determined by your cruise line, but there is no current requirements from the Argentinian government to have a negative Covid test.  The Argentinian government also does not require the medical questionnaire, per the information above and linked below from the Argentinian government.

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/documentacion-para-ingresar-al-pais-como-turista

I will caveat all of this with cruises haven't started from Argentina for the season so this is all subject to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poconolady said:

Is there still a requirement to have travel insurance to cover covid to enter Argentina?

From what I have been able to find, that requirement has been lifted. Which, in my mind is good because they were requiring $30K in medical insurance, which a lot of policies do not have.

On 10/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Sugar0802 said:

This link is from the US Embassy in Buenos Aires. This link was also updated on October 19, so it is probably pretty accurate.

https://ar.usembassy.gov/covid-19/

I am working with a travel agent to do a lant tour BA to Rio after a cruise. She has sent this as the current requirements for Argentina and said to watch Travel Restrictions (joinsherpa.com) for updates

ARGENTINA
● Travelers are allowed to enter Argentina.
● Travelers don’t need to quarantine on arrival in Argentina.
● Travelers don’t need a visa to visit Argentina for Business or Tourism.
● Travelers don’t need a negative COVID-19 test result before traveling to
Argentina.
● Travelers don’t need proof of COVID-19 vaccination before traveling to
Argentina.
● Travelers are recommended to wear masks in closed spaces and on public
transportation.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, kathynorth said:

Thanks mjmalino! I don't see any reference to required medical insurance on the US Embassy page. 

The US State department never mentioned the insurance requirement, but it was on the US Embassy in Argentina, and that has since been removed.

• Thanks 1

Please take into consideration the fluid nature of Covid 19. 

We are heading back in a coupe of months and as Shella73 posted those are the same requirements I checked today on the Chilean and Argentinian official websites and mirrored by the US embassies in both countries.

Be prepared and check the official websites a few days before you travel. Things can change quickly. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, Lojay2 said:

Thank you 

The big question is what are the cruise ships going to require? 

I am assuming that at this point Argentina is not requiring pre-cruise testing as that requirement was removed from the US Embassy's website. It can, however, change at any time.

As for Chile, these are the current requirements (I know that Argentina's were just posted)

image.png.7448d791dc8aa5aedde6f6d9abd7c45e.png

6 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

I am assuming that at this point Argentina is not requiring pre-cruise testing as that requirement was removed from the US Embassy's website. It can, however, change at any time.

I'm not sure that any pre-cruise testing requirement will exactly mirror the entry requirements for eithe Chile or Argentina.  After all, Transatlantic cruises have some pre-cruise requirements that have little to do with the country of departure's current rules.

23 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I'm not sure that any pre-cruise testing requirement will exactly mirror the entry requirements for eithe Chile or Argentina.  After all, Transatlantic cruises have some pre-cruise requirements that have little to do with the country of departure's current rules.

Whereas that is true, I have seen the requirements mentioned on the embassy sites and then be removed. I know  that with Princess, they are still requiring pre-cruise testing for cruises 16 day and over, so it might have to do with the length of cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 4:11 PM, Lojay2 said:

Thank you 

The big question is what are the cruise ships going to require? 

This is the most recent one from Azamara, you scroll down to the port of Buenos Aires and it says a test is needed to board the ship. But that is for now who knows for how long that will be.

https://www.azamara.com/en-nz/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea#testing

To enter Argentina nothing is needed anymore, no test nor proof of insurance.

John