Experience with Mariner early booking OBC bonus?

Ready2go11

Two weeks ago, booked the TA crossing leaving Oct 7, 2023 from Amsterdam to Ft. Lauderdale. Received some extra OBC because we booked while on board a cruise but wondering if it should have qualified for the following Mariner bonus as well (excerpted from HAL’s Mariner site). I thought I had seen somewhere that we had until November of this year to book the cruises that were out for later in 2023 to get the bonus. Anyone have any experience to share on receiving this Mariner early booking bonus OBC?

In appreciation of your loyalty, we’re offering Mariner Society members a new exclusive early booking benefit: onboard credit of up to $400 per stateroom when you book within 90 days of a new season launch* – for 2023 cruises and beyond.

Thanks!

It has to be within 90 days of when the cruise was first advertised.  There is no public way to know that unless you make a calendar note of the day the schedule is released.   I was booked on that particular cruise in June, so the 90 days has certainly passed.  

Edited by Mary229

1 hour ago, Ready2go11 said:

Two weeks ago, booked the TA crossing leaving Oct 7, 2023 from Amsterdam to Ft. Lauderdale. Received some extra OBC because we booked while on board a cruise but wondering if it should have qualified for the following Mariner bonus as well (excerpted from HAL’s Mariner site). I thought I had seen somewhere that we had until November of this year to book the cruises that were out for later in 2023 to get the bonus. Anyone have any experience to share on receiving this Mariner early booking bonus OBC?

In appreciation of your loyalty, we’re offering Mariner Society members a new exclusive early booking benefit: onboard credit of up to $400 per stateroom when you book within 90 days of a new season launch* – for 2023 cruises and beyond.

Thanks!

What is a Mariner Society member? If I have a "Mariner" number (and a am a lowly 2 star) am I one? 

Just booked a fall 2023 last week, would be nice if it applied to that one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

What is a Mariner Society member? If I have a "Mariner" number (and a am a lowly 2 star) am I one? 

Just booked a fall 2023 last week, would be nice if it applied to that one.

Yes, you are a Mariner, but was the cruise you booked released...as a new cruise on the schedule, in the last 90 days?

1 hour ago, highscar said:

I received an offer in July 2021 and booked right away for cruise Jan 2023.I got $50.00 OBC.  Go figure.   

The "up to $400 OBC for Mariners" was released this year, I am pretty sure, so you probably booked before the offer existed.

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, you are a Mariner, but was the cruise you booked released...as a new cruise on the schedule, in the last 90 days?

Not sure when the cruise was released as it wasn't something we were looking into before we booked it (almost an impulse purchase). 

Another poster mentions booking in June for Oct 23 TA,  so likely our Med cruise end of September 23 was also released in June (so likely missed the deadline). We did get OBC ($150 instead of the $200 on that offer) as part of the 'sale' which is on currently on, so at least we got something for being early birds. 🙂

I will have to keep an eye out in the future though. Was not a bonus I was really aware of.

• Like 1