Spa Treatments

auie2

29 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Jumping on the Spa thread - are you ever able to book a treatment or the Spa pass ahead of the cruise or do they need to be booked once on board?

I already bought my thermal suite spa pass for the Getaway in December

2 hours ago, grobma said:

I already bought my thermal suite spa pass for the Getaway in December

Can you book individual treatments or only the Thermal Suite? Our cruise is not until March so I think I'll be able to book Thermal Suite at a certain number of days out. Was already able to purchase Vibe

22 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Can you book individual treatments or only the Thermal Suite? Our cruise is not until March so I think I'll be able to book Thermal Suite at a certain number of days out. Was already able to purchase Vibe

In my experience you can only book the thermal suite in advance. Any treatment bookings must be made when you've clambered aboard your ship.

Looks like prices are the same on the Jewel and the Prima (or mostly the same - I didn't look at every line). As far as I know on every cruise we've been on, you can only book individual spa treatments once you're on board. They run specials on certain treatments or combination of treatments - look for once on embarkation day and in the Freestyle Daily. And on port days they offer a percentage off almost any spa treatment.

I went to Alaska on the Jewel in July 2022 (from Vancouver). I was a first time cruiser and here’s what I learned:

- It was relatively easy to book spa appointments during the cruise

-They had a discounted massage (50 minutes, was $135 I think) that was wonderful, and they started offering 1 or 2 days in. Attend the spa tour on the first day and they will send offers to your room.

-it was also relatively easy to get Thermal Suite day passes and so nice to sit in the hot tubs and relax on the heated stone loungers. Surprise- I saw orcas while sitting in the women’s spa tub. 

• Like 2

Just bought my spa pass for Encore January sailing today at $299/each.  This is for a 7-day cruise.  Made the mistake in the past of thinking if I had a treatment, I would have access to the spa.  No.  Buy before boarding and I think you still get it for $20 less that if you purchase once on board (if there are any spots left).  (But don't hold me to the discount....not sure that is still in place!)