Best Dungeness crab in alaska

latebuyer

Previously frozen Dungeness crab is more common and also tastes great.  You can find it easily  in Seattle or Vancouver, BC before you sail.  No need to wait until you are in Alaska, and the price should be less in these homeport cities as well.

As for other crabs - you probably read, the Snow Crab season in Alaska has been cancelled due to the unexplained collapse of the population. 

Not sure what is happening with the Alaskan King Crab, but it was crazy expensive last year, I am betting that there will be another price increase during the 2023 cruise season

6 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure what is happening with the Alaskan King Crab, but it was crazy expensive last year, I am betting that there will be another price increase during the 2023 cruise season

I think your bet would be a winning one.  The Snow Crab season has been canceled by the Alaskan Department of Fisheries.  

Our Alaska Department of Fish and Game cancelled the snow crab season in addition the king crab fishery in Bristol Bay.

We did the George Inlet Lodge tour through our ship in 2021 when we had an obscene amount of non-refundable OBC to burn.  We booked through Celebrity and the dungeness crab was unlimited.

In Ketchikan our "go to" restaurant is Annabelles (located in the historic Gilmore Hotel).  We have had wonderful fresh dungy there.  If you check their website you may not see it listed, but is a common special offering.

• Thanks 1