O cancels our 14 Day Carib cruise on the Vista, Dec 5, 2024.

jonthomas

Only thing being offered is $250 ship credit….at most they might move it to another cruise. 
For those who continue with this new itinerary, IMO the rate should have been reduced, not just 2 pro-rated days adjusted.  Western Carib usually less than Eastern…..and fir good reason. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jonthomas said:

It was a great itinerary, The ABC, Grenada, St Vincent, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua and St Martin,

Instead they are offering us a 12 Western Caribbean, to Mexico and Roatan and 250 OBCs and an adjustment for the 2 days. The 12-day itinerary does not compare to the ABCs...we would not get off the ship in Mexico....

Any trip is what you make of it, though I tend to agree with your assessment of the respective itineraries.

Did much of that W. Caribbean cruise in 12/21. Two of the worst things about your proposed new itinerary is the abject fake "Costa Maya" day (what a joke that tourist trap is!) and the beach day at the mediocre Harvest Kay. Too bad it didn't include Belize City instead (which I fell in love with walking around for hours on a beautiful Sunday, the people so friendly).

But take something as "junky" as Santo Tomas, Guatemala. We spent no time there but did an amazing excursion to Livingston and up the Rio Dulce into backwater Mayan communities (thru Go With Gus). A day I'll never forget. And the day on Roatan playing with sloths and monkeys at the reserve was wonderful, too, followed by some time at the West End. And swimming with dolphins and manatees at Cozumel. We did our own excursions. We're in our late 50s.

• Like 1

I agree that any trip is what you make of it…..however this itinerary is beyond bad and more expensive as it’s the Vista. If alternative is to stay on ship, we’ll opt for a different ship/itinerary or remain in sunny Florida in December. 

Very disappointed as we booked this with two other couples and all agreed it was a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

We are not thinking of canceling, we canceled. The new itinerary, besides being shorter, includes 2 NCL islands which are not our thing. Bottom line, not very good itinerary for use. We normally cruise in January, there will be lots of alternatives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Just curious. If you cancel this cruise do you lose $250 per person?

Yes I wonder if I can keep it to apply to a new booking. 

Will be calling O to get the answer, maybe as  many times they have NO answers. My TA has no answers. 

3 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Just curious. If you cancel this cruise do you lose $250 per person?

Do you mean the OBC offered  ?

Probably not applicable if you choose to cancel

Just guessing  though

We got the same notice and cheesy offer. Today the Vista seems to have disappeared from the Dec 2024 schedule once it ends its transatlantic voyage. Not even this substitute, far inferior cruise with some really crappy stops. It was a great itinerary, and on the new Vista. RT Miami. For us that meant no air. Bummer is an understatement. I too suspect charter. But it is just strange. And will look at January Vista when new schedule comes out shortly.

• Like 1

LHT, Im not counting on it.

But has anyone asked O the question?

I am waiting for an O rep to get back to me, he is asking the question for me. Can I apply the 250 OBC to a different cruise?

It was a fully booked cruise, so there must be a lot of disgruntled people.

Yes as I said before, this is much ado about nothing and need to be grateful that we are not having to deal with the really important things in life. Yes its only a cruise. 

It is an annoyance tho'.  I would let it go much easier of could apply the 250 OBCs to a different cruise.  NOT  the inferior one that they are pushing that should have a much lower cost. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:40 PM, jonthomas said:

Dear Valued Travel Advisors,

We would like to provide you with an advance copy of the notification that will be going out to all guests later today. We kindly request that you reach out to them today to ensure that they are aware of these important changes.

VOYAGE CHANGE NOTIFICATION

Dear Valued Guests,

We would like to advise you of an important update to your upcoming cruise vacation aboard Vista. As a result of scheduling changes, your 14-day voyage departing on December 5, 2024, has been revised to a 12-day voyage.

As a courtesy, we will be automatically adjusting your booking on Vista’s 12-day roundtrip Miami itinerary departing on December 5, 2024, at a new lower fare reflecting the revised voyage length. You will receive an updated invoice once these changes are processed. In appreciation for your understanding of this change, we will be providing a $250 shipboard credit per suite or stateroom, which will be automatically added to your onboard account.

The revised voyage will explore the best of the Western Caribbean, complemented by calls on the Cayman Islands, Jamaica and the Bahamas. The destinations featured afford a wide array of adventures for every traveler, from enjoying beautiful beaches and spectacular coral reefs to exploring ancient Maya sites and island spice farms.

Two full days in the Yucatan Peninsula will allow for deeper cultural exploration with numerous Maya ruins or eco-adventures to some of the world’s most stunning coral reefs, rich in marine life. Likewise, Roatan offers an abundance of eco-centric tours, and from Santo Tomas, you may choose to visit the fabled and legendary Tikal. Of course, we believe our bespoke exclusive destination of Harvest Caye is a jewel in the crown of the Western Caribbean.

The courtesy is that they are automatically making the adjustment. 

Also, been to all these ports on both itineraries.  I personally don't think you are missing anything with the change.

• Like 1