40% off promo

Mamatothree

Forgive me if this has been asked. I haven't cruised since BC (before covid). We've sailed 3x carnival and 2x RCCL and want to try NCL. I usually wait to book my spring break cruise til November. NCL advertises 40% off and it says it ends in a day, but the next day it starts over saying promo "ends in 3 days". Are NCL cruises always 40% off? should I wait for an even better deal?

Thanks so much!

9 minutes ago, Mamatothree said:

Forgive me if this has been asked. I haven't cruised since BC (before covid). We've sailed 3x carnival and 2x RCCL and want to try NCL. I usually wait to book my spring break cruise til November. NCL advertises 40% off and it says it ends in a day, but the next day it starts over saying promo "ends in 3 days". Are NCL cruises always 40% off? should I wait for an even better deal?

Thanks so much!

you won't find a better deal. NCL has not changed their promotions in forever. they go from 70% off then 40% same perks, Believe me, they just repeat their promotions over and over. LOL

• Like 1

What you will find is that rarely is there any deals on any cruise brands.  To answer your question, NCL changes the percentage but the price stays about the same.  I have also compared cruise brand to cruise brand and they seem always to be close.  

As it relates to price increases, all brands have increased their prices.  All of them.  Everything costs more today.  Still brand to brand the prices for similar cabins and Itineraries are very, very close. 

I have cruise many brands.  I do like NCL because of the type and style of entertainment they have.  I love the approach of Broadway shows.  Reminds me of growing up in New York.  I hope that helps.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

You “think” that?    If you don’t know it, you shouldn’t say it.   You’re spreading fake news.  

It's called an "opinion" @MotownVoice.  That is what people post on these boards, just like your post in Medical marijuana where you opined that what @Pookie092403posted was "Junk science."  Who appointed you the fake news police?  Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and beliefs.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mamatothree said:

Thanks so much!

The only way you'll get a better deal than what the cruise line is offering is to book through a TA that discounts the fare posted on the cruise line website.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

You “think” that?    If you don’t know it, you shouldn’t say it.   You’re spreading fake news.  

It's not fake news.  Anyone who was watching prices when they first started the % off "promo" can tell you they greatly inflated the prices before offering the "discount".

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

It's not fake news if the person reading it sees that "he just "THINKS" it. He is not posting as a fact. He is not spreading anything but his own opinon. For heaven sake....are we not allowed to express what we "think" now? :classic_unsure:

• Like 6

I answered the question posed by the author earlier in this stream.  I answered showing respect to the question and knowledge of following NCL and pricing for some time.  What I am about to say is from the heart.  I hope everyone will take it that way.

Some of the terms used in answering the authors question sound like terms used in politics.  That is what sets some folks off and streams being shut down.  Everyone has the right to have an opinion and just base that opinion on experiences, knowledge and research. That is just respectful to the board and the folks that enjoy this board.  When it starts to become a "Little" aggressive, it has to end. 

I left all my social media accounts in the past because no matter what someone said, it was met with a certain level of hostility.  It is my hope that here, on CruiseCritic.com we can focus on cruising as a passion and hobby.  We all know that marketing for cruise lines are designed to sell cabins.  The prices are what they are.  It is up to all of us to make a determination if they are fair for the vacation we want. Whether NCL, Celebrity, MSC, Royal, Carnival and the list goes on, if we don't think the fare is acceptable, just don't book it. 

Please folks, let's keep CruiseCritic.com clear from the other distractions we have in life.  Sorry for ranting, I am just trying to enjoy the thought of being on the ocean, with a nice drink after a fine meal and show.  Not to much to ask based on the them of this site. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

If you want to take advantage of another savings check out the CruiseFirst tab under the “explore” tab on NCLs site.   The offer is usually pay $150 to buy a certificate (be sure to read the terms and conditions cause it’s pretty restrictive) and they give you an additional $150.  In other words,0@5 $150, get $300.  🤗.  They occasionally offer a $500 certificate but not always.

This is a similar program to the CruiseNext certificates wh Ch you can buy onboard a ship.

• Like 2