ACL Jacksonville

Oceansmymotion

39 minutes ago, Oceansmymotion said:

We are going on the American Star from Jacksonville to Baltimore Inner Coastal next spring. Does anyone know where to embark in Jacksonville. I can only find info for Carnival cruises. Thank you.

Good morning, I live here and had no idea we even had a river cruise company sailing from here.........

wow......that is a surprise. I can tell you, the only pier I know about is the one where Carnival docks. I would suggest you contact the cruise line and tell them you need this information.

We have been on the Star three times, Baltimore to Jacksonville once, and Jacksonville-Jacksonville twice.  Each time, we embarked/disembarked at the same spot:  Downtown Jacksonville, East Coastline Dr, in front of the Hyatt Regency.  We stayed at the Hampton Inn across the river, relatively inexpensive room and parking, about a 3/4 mile walk to the ship.  The ACL cruise docs will specify where the ship will be.

2 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

We have been on the Star three times, Baltimore to Jacksonville once, and Jacksonville-Jacksonville twice.  Each time, we embarked/disembarked at the same spot:  Downtown Jacksonville, East Coastline Dr, in front of the Hyatt Regency.  We stayed at the Hampton Inn across the river, relatively inexpensive room and parking, about a 3/4 mile walk to the ship.  The ACL cruise docs will specify where the ship will be.

Hi Dave, you must have really enjoyed yourselves if you have sailed her 3 times!  I may have to take a look and see what she is all about........15 minutes to downtown, that would be my quickest embarkation of all time!

52 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

59, 262 posts?  Good lord!

So? I have seen folks with more than that....I have been using this site for nearly 20 years. Nobody has commented on the number in a very, very long time.

When we took the star from Jacksonville to Charleston this past spring, we embarked at Amelia Island. It appears some cruises start in Jacksonville and some start in Amelia Island. You need to check with ACL to see which starting point for your cruise

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going on the 4/29/2023 ICW cruise from Fernandina Beach to Baltimore. Both the cruise line and our agent told us Fernandina Beach. When I called a hotel in Fenandina Beach they indicated that the cruise line did depart from there. Now, I am trying to get information on the parking since we want to ship our car to Maryland.

• 4 weeks later...