Cruise Documents

ssawjo

Hello, we are on the Voyager's Lisbon to Cape Town sailing leaving Lisbon on November 12, 2022.  We arrive in Lisbon on November 9 for the pre-cruise tour/excursions.  We have received or been booked on our flights to and from and no issues there.  We are in a GTY E suite, and a cabin assignment has not been made.

Question:  According to the roll call, one fellow passenger has received his cruise documents, and probably others have also.  Would anyone know when we will receive our cruise documents and/or when we will be assigned a cabin?  Our TA has been in touch with Regent, and they only say a cabin has not been assigned.  I already know that Regent.  My DW gets a little anxious when things are not in order.  She doesn't want to get to Lisbon and find out we are not getting onboard for some reason.

So, any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ssawjo said:

Hello, we are on the Voyager's Lisbon to Cape Town sailing leaving Lisbon on November 12, 2022.  We arrive in Lisbon on November 9 for the pre-cruise tour/excursions.  We have received or been booked on our flights to and from and no issues there.  We are in a GTY E suite, and a cabin assignment has not been made.

Question:  According to the roll call, one fellow passenger has received his cruise documents, and probably others have also.  Would anyone know when we will receive our cruise documents and/or when we will be assigned a cabin?  Our TA has been in touch with Regent, and they only say a cabin has not been assigned.  I already know that Regent.  My DW gets a little anxious when things are not in order.  She doesn't want to get to Lisbon and find out we are not getting onboard for some reason.

So, any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.

We are with you on LIS to CPT and the pre-cruise excursion. It'll be our 23rd Regent cruise. My advice would be - relax; you'll have a nice cabin. As of a few minutes ago there were at least 9 unassigned E cabins and some Ds. Never had a GTY cabin but also have never heard of any GTY left behind but some GTYs reported that they only found out their cabin when they arrived at the ship.

We will do on-line check-in tomorrow when its initially available. Won't you?

See you at the hotel.

• Like 1

Look at the cabin number as a big unknown, we don’t get much of them more!  Our last cruise was only 50% filled.  As we checked in, they moved our cabin(which we had picked out) to another one on the same floor/side.  Never asked, what’s up?  I’m assuming there was a good reason.  

From the FAQs on the Regent website:

"We may (at our discretion) offer you the option of making a 'Guarantee' (GTY) booking. This means you may book a suite of a guaranteed minimum category booking type, (specified by us prior to booking) on your chosen ship. However, the exact location of the suite on the ship will be allocated by us (at our discretion) and at any time up until checking in at the port." 

2 hours ago, ssawjo said:

She doesn't want to get to Lisbon and find out we are not getting onboard for some reason.

This will not happen. You are guaranteed a suite in the grade booked or higher.

The only reason for boarding being denied is if any visa or health paperwork required for the cruise is not in order.

After the on-line check in process you will be emailed a boarding pass, but you still might not be allocated a suite number until you check-in at the port

Thank you to everyone for your answers and support.

I will be checking in online tomorrow like everyone else.  

Always an adventure with us!

We'll see all of you onboard!

Bill and Kathi

SSAWJO:

Have you finally received your documents?

Saturday the 22nd was the day to go to Regent web site and fill

out the final information and send your picture. Were you able to do that? 

We will also be flying into Lisbon on the 9th.

At Doubletree Fontana Park. We are with Jan's brother and they arrive 3:45 pm

Our flight was changed and we do not arrive until 7:45 pm.

3 hours ago, Jim B said:

SSAWJO:

Have you finally received your documents?

Saturday the 22nd was the day to go to Regent web site and fill

out the final information and send your picture. Were you able to do that? 

We will also be flying into Lisbon on the 9th.

At Doubletree Fontana Park. We are with Jan's brother and they arrive 3:45 pm

Our flight was changed and we do not arrive until 7:45 pm.

Jim, yes, we were able to check in online and submitted our security photos.  No, we have not received our travel documents but rechecked with Regent Air and we are good to go.  My TA is traveling at moment but once she returns, I will have her inquire about the documents and a cabin assignment.  (We are still GTY.)  

We are also flying in on Nov. 9, but we are taking the Regent pre-cruise Lisbon tour.  We are staying, I think, at the Olissippo Lapa Palace.  Should arrive in Lisbon via BA at @6:00 PM.  

Hope to see you onboard.  Looking forward to this cruise.  It will be our first Regent cruise.

Bill and Kathi

• Like 1

peribit,

Yes you have to submit a photo on line a couple of weeks before you go, give them your credit card info, and I believe watch a safety video. If you go into “My Account” on RSSC, it will tell you the exact date you can do this. After you have completed these items, you will receive a boarding pass which will tell you what time you can embark.

1 hour ago, Brownie54 said:

peribit,

Yes you have to submit a photo on line a couple of weeks before you go, give them your credit card info, and I believe watch a safety video. If you go into “My Account” on RSSC, it will tell you the exact date you can do this. After you have completed these items, you will receive a boarding pass which will tell you what time you can embark.

Brownie54,

Thanks for the info.  Is it a passport photo to be used on the room card?

4 hours ago, peribit said:

Brownie54,

Thanks for the info.  Is it a passport photo to be used on the room card?

Here's a thread I started a couple weeks ago on the check in process:

The most useful response came from @PhD-iva, including a link to this step-by-step help document from Regent:

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-08/onlinecheckinhelp_081621.pdf

• Like 1

We did a Regent Voyager cruise a couple of months ago and used our passport photos.

Then a month ago did a Oceania cruise for the 1st time, and used the same photos.

And yes we used the same photos for this cruise coming up Nov.12th on Voyager when we sent

them last Saturday.

On 10/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, RELS said:

Here's a thread I started a couple weeks ago on the check in process:

The most useful response came from @PhD-iva, including a link to this step-by-step help document from Regent:

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2021-08/onlinecheckinhelp_081621.pdf

The above link was very helpful. Thanks.

Can anyone clarify the sentence within the Health and Safety Attestation which states a required Covid test will be paid for and administered by the cruise line with a negative result prior to boarding? When/where does this occur?

6 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

The above link was very helpful. Thanks.

Can anyone clarify the sentence within the Health and Safety Attestation which states a required Covid test will be paid for and administered by the cruise line with a negative result prior to boarding? When/where does this occur?

It depends on your vaccination status and the country requirements -- which constantly change.  Regent emailed a voyage specific requirements one month prior.  Each voyage may be different.

For the Splendor Nov 9th voyage this is the link.   No covid test for vaccinated travelers.

https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health/SPL221109

13 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

It depends on your vaccination status and the country requirements -- which constantly change.  Regent emailed a voyage specific requirements one month prior.  Each voyage may be different.

For the Splendor Nov 9th voyage this is the link.   No covid test for vaccinated travelers.

https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health/SPL221109

Thank you, PaulMCO. That was very helpful.