"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, BeeMinor said:

UGH. When we were on the Edge in a Sky Suite a few years ago our little toilet enclosure was pretty whiffy in a stagnant main drain kind of way. We picked up a gel air freshener at our first port which basically fixed the smell issue, but I was hoping that it was a fluke. Sounds like it's a design problem though. I will remember to pack an air freshener for our Apex cruise in a couple weeks just in case.

With this unsettling news, I'm bringing a hose onboard with me. I'll run it from the pool deck to the bathroom and and hose down the whole thing, if need be!

Great pictures and details, Kelly.  Especially noted was the recommendation to get the S-class Martini Bar concept out of your head before boarding an E-class ship.  Sorry to read about the lavatory situation in your suite.  Did you report the matter to the Retreat Concierge or the Retreat Manager?  If this has disrupted your vacation perhaps some sort of acknowledgement is in order?  Thanks again for your wonderful reporting.

Perfect Day at Sea.  

Sun.  Some big white clouds.  A breeze.  Pool.  Frozen Cocktails.  

The Retreat Pool Deck is the busiest it's been during the cruise but it's the perfect day to be out here which is why. 

We found a spot at the bar to order drinks then found some lounge chairs and room in the pool without it feeling crowded.  

I ate lunch at the buffet but my mom and dad ordered food out here.   Some things like the chicken sandwich and burger take about 25 minutes, which is perfectly fine. 

There seem to be plenty of people working out here and people walking through checking on things.   All staff are friendly and work hard. 

I never did get to swim in the main pool, Solarium or plunge pools.  I will admit having access to the Retreat Pool/Sundeck is the reason.   I did want to get to those, but just didn't have time.  I guess that means I need another cruise to do those things. 😉

🍹

20221103_141318.thumb.jpg.f95749bbb8a4352d5de938464c20379c.jpg

• Like 1

I posted about the Grand Plaza last night.  I'm sitting here now at Cafe al Bacio looking over the Grand Plaza and came to listen to Nu Image, one of the bands.  They are good.  It has a good vibe right now. Definitely feels like I'm on a cruise.  

I may have been too harsh with my initial thoughts about the feel of this area but your mindset has to be it's a new ship, a different class than S-class.   I made the move years ago from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity and haven't looked back, as far as going back to Royal Caribbean.  There were things about their ships that I liked but I quickly grew a fondness for Celebrity.   I have a fondness for S-class and now the Beyond. 🥰   I've been pleasantly surprised about some (many) aspects of the Beyond. 

I will give my overall thoughts when I get home but wanted to share my thoughts about the Grand Plaza and current feelings.  😉

The sun is shining.  We are sailing through blue water.   People are happy (well, except the fact we have to get off tomorrow but we go back home and that's always nice too).  

🍹

20221103_170806.thumb.jpg.d42c208f248a92048e9fae6c64623989.jpg

20221103_170820.thumb.jpg.ba5d78414007992d38a5adb6065ffa6b.jpg

20221103_171953.thumb.jpg.c89eaaff96c293be4aeb3ba120438b1b.jpg

20221103_172009.thumb.jpg.85e57917494157ead356a55829c4a86e.jpg

20221103_172002.thumb.jpg.70e959dedeff303aa693b6d520d87071.jpg

20221103_171421.thumb.jpg.7bce0fbc10addc79a64823bdce512023.jpg

20221103_171956.thumb.jpg.3339f60783b88eb06523c00b276eefb7.jpg

20221103_173347.thumb.jpg.2c0062a827c399e5a275e9df132c9c28.jpg

20221103_173405.thumb.jpg.aea4f0ebf0c3b4db3649d1fee87eec0c.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I may have been too harsh with my initial thoughts about the feel of this area but your mindset has to be it's a new ship, a different class than S-class. 

You really weren’t harsh in your observation. I agree with your thoughts about the Martini Bar. On S Class ships it has a completely different feel. X made an improvement on Beyond with the seats circling the bar vs. minimal bar seating on Edge. But it still does not have the more intimate feel due to the fact that it is the center of the action in the Plaza area. We found it easier to sit at the Eden Bar to enjoy a conversation and meet other guests. Thanks for your review. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Typo
  • Like 1

We spent our day travelling to a Fla..no non stops from where we live.

Our  place is in fairly good shape from Ian and we can take our time having the landscape issues addressed. Our overall Community is coming back slowly...bits at a time.

I was able to catch up on all the posts and great photos... really grossed out abt sewage / other  smell issues.   

Thank you for a wonderful review.. we  are due to board on Tuesday for 5 days in a Sky Suite..  My review will be much shorter (  I am low tech...so is my tablet) ..but Gen X  will be on board and her reviews are outstanding.!

Happy travels!

• Like 4

Luggage has been taken.  Everything is packed for carry-on and will finish after I get ready in the morning. 

I feel like I just boarded. 

We have to be out of the cabin by 7:30am (ugh) and then we'll go to Luminae for breakfast and hang out in the Retreat Lounge until they kick us off of the ship.  😆   

They shorted us OBC so I get to deal with that in the morning.  Fun. 

Our flight isn't until 2:45pm.

🍹

On 11/2/2022 at 9:58 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Two cabin issues today

#1. Before pool time I went to the cabin to put my bathing suit on and when I opened the bathroom door, a really bad smell came out.  No one was in there previously.   I saw water on the floor by the opposite wall under and surrounding the ottoman.   I opened the door to where the toilet is and there was water all over and brown 'gunk' on and around a grate in the floor.  😬   The water was around the toilet and ran out to the opposite side of the bathroom.  It was a lot.   I took pictures,  but I'm not sure anyone wants to see that.  Whatever that was.   It wasn't coming from the toilet. 

I called Our Butler. She said she'd come but sent someone who looked and said a plumber would come.  Eventually, we think a plumber came ???, had to ask about getting the floor cleaned again, it then got done.  She kept up on them to get it done.  Was told it is a drain and there is stagnant water in there?!?!?   How it overflowed or came out?  I don't know.  My mom and dad's room next door had a smell but no 'flood'.  They had their drain cleaned as a precaution.   My mom said she smelled something when we boarded.  Our bathroom had a slight tinge but then went away.   

This is a new ship. 

2.  I wanted to go to the Retreat Lounge before the show but our safe wouldn't open so had to wait for someone to come.  Our cabin attendant was in the hallway so I told him and he called the Chief Engineer.  He called a second time and the guy came to fix it.  

*** So, my mom and dad just had the same thing happen to their safe! ***

🍹

uh, whats the  cabin number or neighborhood

• Thanks 2

My whole post disappeared!  I can't blame Celebrity internet. 😆

I will re-type it and post when we land. 

For now.  Pre-boarding Woodford & Ginger. 

Safe flights for all!  There are many Beyond passengers on this flight to PHL!✈️

🍹

20221104_143114.thumb.jpg.31eddebf5017a675f20f6510c1d21e3d.jpg

Luggage all accounted for!   Yay! 

Car service picked us up and on our way home.  It's funny to see the leaves changing, especially after palm trees recently. They were before we left but after not seeing them for awhile, it is a change.  😉

🍹

20221104_171448.thumb.jpg.e900435f9a532674eb6ac682a17331d2.jpg

• Like 1

Why can't I post this?!  😂  3rd attempt... it doesn't even save it. 

Day 10 - Disembarkation 

We were out of the cabin by 7:30am.  Breakfast in Luminae.  Both cabins had missing OBC that wasn't applied so we gave our order to the other two and two of us went down to the Retreat Lounge to see if they could help.  They did!   We went back to Luminae and they hadn't ordered yet.  Staff were friendly but you could tell some of them were nervous/anxious.   They said it was going to be a very, very busy day.  Food was good except I had a sliced banana that was way over ripe, mushy that shouldn't have been served.  (The ship has a banana room if you didn't already know)   I didn't need it, I ate my watermelon, so I didn't say anything.  They seemed too frazzled. We watched as the sun was rising over a blue Fort Lauderdale sky with some big white puffy clouds dispersed throughout.   

We didn't even get to see our Butler or Stateroom Attendant before we left.  We didn't see any other ones either which was odd.  

After breakfast, at 8:30am, we went to the Retreat Lounge to wait until we were 'kicked off'.  It was packed but we found two big chairs with big square ottomans over by the floor to ceiling windows.  They had two large TV's that had been rolled in (I heard to watch the festivities today)  An announcement came just before 9:00am that all guests that hadn't disembarked, were kindly asked to leave.  Off we went.   The staff standing in the halls weren't very friendly or had those smiling faces as we made our way off of the Beyond.  The orange carpet wasn't rolled out for us like when we boarded either.  😂  The guy at the podium as we scanned our Sea Pass, he was friendly. 

The walk from the ship to terminal had sights of tractor trailers lined up ready to unload pallets (hopefully stock up things that weren't on), a boom lift near the bow, forklifts going back and forth and a German Shepherd smelling pallets of boxes 📦 checking for drugs I'd assume. 

Once in the terminal there was a line that was stopped and forming.  We didn't wait very long and then we were allowed to start moving and down the escalator we went.  When we entered the 'baggage hall' there was luggage scattered throughout and various #'d signs.  We found our #5 area right near the exit into the Custom/Immigration area. Thankfully all of our luggage was there. 😃 🧳🧳🧳🧳🧳

Customs/Immigration

Very quick and easy.  Facial Recognition. 

Uber Pick-up

What a fiasco today.  Last year was so easy.  This morning...another story.  There were people all over and cars coming and slowly going.  Our navy blue Suburban shows up.  The driver was told to stop in the left lane so she does and opens the lift gate. Then a police officer starts yelling at people and told our driver and others she was going to start giving tickets.  The driver had to get in the right lane (understandable but she was told to stop in the left lane) and go all the way forward.  Off we go with our suitcases to load.  As they are getting put in she said we had to call a second Uber because not everything was going to fit.  We knew they would.  She stopped them from being loaded.  She walks away, gets in and starts driving with only 2 people in, 2 doors wide open and luggage still on the road.  She tells them inside she is going to cancel the ride because a ticket will cost more.  We finally get her to let us load the rest of the luggage and the other 2 of us.  Off we went.  I started to get nervous thinking luggage was left but I was counting and we were good.  We arrive to FLL and then she kept saying I broke a back latch.  I didn't.  I said she had to move a handle. My dad tells her too.  Finally she listens.   😂   It was like,  really?   

We arrived at FLL @ 10:10am.  We couldn't check in until 10:45am so we found a spot to wait.  The agents at the counter weren't very friendly.  This one lady wanted us to go to one counter.  We said, we had priority. She said no and go to another counter.  The guy wouldn't put the priority tags on.  I asked again and again. Nicely.  Then he was laying them on top (um, they'll fall off).  We get that all fixed.  I have my passport out ready to show. Nope. He didn't ask for ID.  Then he says, to show it. Two of us do. My mom goes to show her ID and he said, nah you're good.   That's reassuring.

TSA was pretty quick.  Not much of a line. They were pulling more people over than usual and then they got my mom's carry-on and went completely through it.  The TSA agent kept saying he saw little pliers. Nope.  No pliers in here.  After searching he said she was good to go.  

We found our gate and then went to eat.  

Boarding was @ 2:15pm.  There were many of us from the Beyond on that flight. 😉

As we took off, I spotted the Beyond. (Pictures above)

Smooth flight.  Take-off was a little rocky I thought.  I get nervous at take-off so any little thing makes me more anxious.  Service was great. 4 Woodford and Gingers later with warm nuts, a salad and brownie and before we knew it, we were getting ready to land in Philadelphia.  I had time for one word search.  I have a book I bring and do while flying and write my name, when, flight info etc... I then gave it to my mom and she did one.   

Luggage all arrived on the carousel. Yay!  It's always nerve wracking waiting. 😉

I did have a guy take one of my suitcases off for a lady he was with but I ran over and got it.  Woo. Glad I have eagle eyes. 🦅   I have my big custom luggage tags and ribbon on the handles of all of our suitcases.  It makes them hard to confuse with other suitcases.  

Car service and driver were great. 

Some crazy tidbits here and there today but all is well.  We made it home safe, all is good here, we had a wonderful time, met some nice people (especially after conversing over the Roll Call for so long) and we have some stories we can laugh about.  😆

Back home.

It's always nice to go away but it's also nice to come home. 🥰

I will be updating throughout the weekend as I said earlier.  

Thanks for following along so far and I hope you'll like what else I have to add even though it won't be a 'Live'.  I will post day by day as it happened. 😉

🍹

20221104_064404.thumb.jpg.43b00f010a89847b7d1c1bc41e952f1b.jpg

20221104_072703.thumb.jpg.48c94cdc636699730a3c08d4caa0e368.jpg

20221104_083911.thumb.jpg.7e2da032da1722b89283fb6867937a44.jpg

20221104_090609.thumb.jpg.777e2d0fde123c0c001987fb77bb4141.jpg

20221104_090739.thumb.jpg.1a71307f995368b6df3e0ec2e8d56fb2.jpg

20221104_090801.thumb.jpg.6a74e20311748c45cb4f6e594918139f.jpg

20221104_091303.thumb.jpg.43e6909e6af1a222cce34d19d52d734a.jpg

20221104_091255.thumb.jpg.6d9171b7ebe907cfa746398f88a59b3f.jpg

20221104_094245.thumb.jpg.37ff3f522013395ed1b6fa913a35071b.jpg

20221104_145555.thumb.jpg.b0cdf80148d11ed0c46a3f29d266156c.jpg

20221104_145603.thumb.jpg.b014bd9d8b761127581d91190eb6b982.jpg