When does the daily planner fully update?

Jenna

We’re sailing Anthem on Saturday and I was wondering when the planner usually fully updates in the app? We have the first 7 days out of 8 with things on it now but theyre just the things on sale/exercise classes/etc. None of the main shows are listed, which is what I am looking for as I want to have dinner planned before hand.

Normally I would just look at a cruise that happened beforehand, but since it was in Southampton for a bit and it now on a TA, there was nothing similar we could have compared it to.

I’m sure it differs, but when does it most often fully have everything listed?

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When you connect to the ship wifi it should be fairly complete/correct.

Oh jeez, I was worried about that. I want to be able to book dining reservations ASAP and it definitely takes time for me to figure everything out.
I was on Symphony in December and I definitely recall it being fully available long beforehand. 

19 hours ago, Jenna said:

We’re sailing Anthem on Saturday and I was wondering when the planner usually fully updates in the app? We have the first 7 days out of 8 with things on it now but theyre just the things on sale/exercise classes/etc. None of the main shows are listed, which is what I am looking for as I want to have dinner planned before hand.

Normally I would just look at a cruise that happened beforehand, but since it was in Southampton for a bit and it now on a TA, there was nothing similar we could have compared it to.

I’m sure it differs, but when does it most often fully have everything listed?

FYI, there are daily updates through the sailing, usually at 8am, especially when it comes to available reservation times for activities. Have you considered checking posted Cruise Compass editions to get a general idea of what to expect? https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=435 may be a good start.

One advice - book North Star the instant you get on board.

Edited by Rysyonok

13 hours ago, Rysyonok said:

FYI, there are daily updates through the sailing, usually at 8am, especially when it comes to available reservation times for activities. Have you considered checking posted Cruise Compass editions to get a general idea of what to expect? https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=435 may be a good start.

One advice - book North Star the instant you get on board.

Yes, I’ve already looked through that. The last 8 day Bahamas cruise is from 2019 - which isn’t really helpful to me as everything can really be different post-Covid. 

15 hours ago, Jenna said:

Yes, I’ve already looked through that. The last 8 day Bahamas cruise is from 2019 - which isn’t really helpful to me as everything can really be different post-Covid. 

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

I did November and December 2021 on Anthem to the Bahamas.

5 hours ago, Rysyonok said:

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

I did November and December 2021 on Anthem to the Bahamas.

Really just want to know what days and times the shows are at as I want to plan my dinner reservations 

From my experience the schedule isn’t finalized until the day of the cruise. Even then the schedule can change during the cruise. Multiple times in the past year I have looked at planner the night before a cruise only to see significant changes the next day once I boarded the ship. 

13 hours ago, Jenna said:

Really just want to know what days and times the shows are at as I want to plan my dinner reservations 

That would be tough to predict, but I would suggest early (530) dinners and early (1200) sea day lunches in general.

I will say that Anthem did a rather mediocre way of scheduling events: they kept overlapping. Good for crowd control, bad for those who want to do multiple things.

If you're a really active person, stack up on Izumi (quick meals + you can order to-go) and Solarium bistro (hit-and-run). Jamie's was also takeout friendly.

If you prefer taking your time, book heavily 530 across the board with a plan to cancel 1 or 2.