Change/Re-Book Direct Booking UK

T5LHR

Hi All, 

Been some time since I have been on here, life got busy as it always seems to, and pleasurable things like cruises took a bit of a back seat. 

I had a big chunk of FCC from Covid cancelations (40th birthday B2B on QM2 in 2020), which, through elements of availability and my schedule for work, was used to re-book for September 2023. When I re-booked for that one, I went for a Balcony on 11, glass front and all that jazz, and meant paying another £2k plus, on top of the over £3k of FCC. Things have changed a little now and it is going be a bit of a stretch to justify nearly £5.5k for that cabin. There are sheltered balcony cabins available for just over the FCC amount, and I want to move to one of those... But... I am not sure, having read through T&Cs if I will be able to do that... 

I "was" going to ring, use the FCC change clause to move to something completely different that I don't actually want, then ring straight back and change back to my original sailing, but in the lower category sheltered balcony. It is the only way I can see that will make it "work"... Unless I am completely missing another option? 

Any nuggets of advice would be welcome... Or just a thumbs up on the call, book something else, then call back and book back to original sailing plan...? 

I hope all are well 🙂

T5

35 minutes ago, T5LHR said:

Hi All, 

Been some time since I have been on here, life got busy as it always seems to, and pleasurable things like cruises took a bit of a back seat. 

I had a big chunk of FCC from Covid cancelations (40th birthday B2B on QM2 in 2020), which, through elements of availability and my schedule for work, was used to re-book for September 2023. When I re-booked for that one, I went for a Balcony on 11, glass front and all that jazz, and meant paying another £2k plus, on top of the over £3k of FCC. Things have changed a little now and it is going be a bit of a stretch to justify nearly £5.5k for that cabin. There are sheltered balcony cabins available for just over the FCC amount, and I want to move to one of those... But... I am not sure, having read through T&Cs if I will be able to do that... 

I "was" going to ring, use the FCC change clause to move to something completely different that I don't actually want, then ring straight back and change back to my original sailing, but in the lower category sheltered balcony. It is the only way I can see that will make it "work"... Unless I am completely missing another option? 

Any nuggets of advice would be welcome... Or just a thumbs up on the call, book something else, then call back and book back to original sailing plan...? 

I hope all are well 🙂

T5

To assist

Flexible booking terms.
Correct as of 3 August 2022.

For peace of mind, it helps to have added flexibility. With our fee-free flexible transfer policy you can transfer your Cunard Fare booking on one occasion, free of charge, up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. The new booking must depart within 12 months (or 6 months if transferring from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.

For holidays booked prior to 3 August 2022.

For any bookings made prior to 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday you can make one further booking transfer, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due. This is available on both the Cunard Fare and Early Saver type. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

For holidays booked from 3 August 2022 onwards.

For any bookings made after 3 August 2022, if you wish or need to reschedule your holiday you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Cunard Fare type. This means you can:

• Transfer your booking once, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due (90 days prior to departure).
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage of equal or higher value.
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage sailing within 12 months (6 months in the case of transfer from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector), of the original departure date.

If you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

15 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

To assist

Flexible booking terms.
Correct as of 3 August 2022.

For peace of mind, it helps to have added flexibility. With our fee-free flexible transfer policy you can transfer your Cunard Fare booking on one occasion, free of charge, up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. The new booking must depart within 12 months (or 6 months if transferring from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

For holidays booked prior to 3 August 2022.

For any bookings made prior to 3 August 2022, if you wish to reschedule your holiday you can make one further booking transfer, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due. This is available on both the Cunard Fare and Early Saver type. However, the new booking must be of equal or higher value and must sail within 12 months of the original departure date (or 6 months for a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector).

For holidays booked from 3 August 2022 onwards.

For any bookings made after 3 August 2022, if you wish or need to reschedule your holiday you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Cunard Fare type. This means you can:

• Transfer your booking once, free of charge, up to the date that the balance for your holiday is due (90 days prior to departure).
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage of equal or higher value.
  • Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage sailing within 12 months (6 months in the case of transfer from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector), of the original departure date.

If you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

Hey, thanks for that... Yeah, so its not going to work... Best bet to try and appeal to them to let me change cabin grade on the current booking instead and hope I get someone willing to do it. 

Just to finish this one... 

I was very fortunate to get a very helpful person on the phone, who after speaking to their manager, was able to change the booking for me as a "change" instead of a "cancel and re-book", so I didn't have to pay any cancellation fee. 

So, I am back in my comfort zone of Sheltered Balcony on deck 5 for the trip which makes me a lot happier, both in myself and my wallet. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:12 PM, exlondoner said:

It does show that at times Cunard is helpful and sensible.

And also, I think it helps if people approach them with the right attitude. I wasn't demanding or saying "you MUST change this for me free of charge!"... I was polite, friendly and asked if there was a possibility. 

• Like 3