Uber or Lyft or taxi from POM to Miami airport

The HAL Oosterdam will now be arriving at 6am to the POM instead of Port Everglades on 11/19.  We will carry our luggage off asap with the hope of making a 9:55 flight at Miami.  

What is our quickest transportation option? Are there taxi stands near every ship?  Where do Uber and Lyft pick up?  TYIA

So....you booked the flight without knowing if you could make it?

This is not going to be easy. Arriving at 6 doesn't mean getting off at 6:10. In fact, HAL is known for not allowing anyone off before 7:15 or 7:30. Heck, we docked before 5am one time, nobody was allowed off before 7:15. There are taxi stands at each terminal.  MIA is a large, complicated airport that can be crowded and slow.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

So....you booked the flight without knowing if you could make it?

Yes.

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are taxi stands at each terminal

Thank you for this helpful information.

14 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

grab the first taxi in line.

Thank you, we will.

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

The HAL Oosterdam will now be arriving at 6am to the POM instead of Port Everglades on 11/19.  We will carry our luggage off asap with the hope of making a 9:55 flight at Miami. 

While this makes me nervous, your original plan (disembarkation in Port Everglades and making a 9:55 flight out of Miami) would mean not a single night's sleep on the ship worrying about the transfer times.

Good luck!

Unrelated to the OPs concern:  There will be lots of angry passengers who planned to park at Port Everglades or at nearby off-site parking who now have to get from Port Miami back to Port Everglades to pick up their cars.  Sure hope HAL is providing transportation (although I would still be annoyed due to the inconvenience).

42 minutes ago, capriccio said:

While this makes me nervous, your original plan (disembarkation in Port Everglades and making a 9:55 flight out of Miami) would mean not a single night's sleep on the ship worrying about the transfer times.

My original flight was in FLL because the ship was supposed to dock in Port Everglades.  When HAL changed to POM, I changed my Southwest flight to MIA.  

Many passengers are angry about the port change and are organizing their own transportation back to FLL.  (It is a transatlantic cruise so their cars aren’t parked at Port Everglades.). I thought it would be easier to change airports

than try to make my 11 am flight at FLL.

Thank you for wishing me luck.

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

Many passengers are angry about the port change and are organizing their own transportation back to FLL.  (It is a transatlantic cruise so their cars aren’t parked at Port Everglades.).

Oh no, being a transatlantic cruise is more likely to impact your disembarkation time and not for the better.  Ships and crews returning from spending the previous season overseas (i.e., transatlantic cruises) are subject to additional inspections by US government officials.  That definitely impacts the boarding time for embarking passengers but can also impact the disembarkation times for those leaving the ship.  We've experienced both.

Make sure you have a plan B (which I understand might not be too difficult with Southwest)!

• Thanks 1