Apple watches sold on HA

new kiwi girl

I haven’t seen Apple watches in the Zaandam shops, but they do have other smart watches. I bought one with some OBC I had to use up. It’s an iTouch Air. It’s more of a fitness watch, since it measures steps and heartbeat. Doesn’t seem to answer calls, but I have noticed texts showing up. 

Have only seen Apple products on Celebrity where they actually have an Apple-based store with technical support.  The prices on Celebrity are about the same as you would pay in the States and we have never seen any bargains.   Some Europeans tell us that it is a good deal (for them) because there are no taxes (or VAT) charged for Apple products purchased on Celebrity.

Hank

7 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

If you are cruising to St Thomas I bet you can buy there and save on the sales tax.   Same for other "sales tax free" ports.

One must be very careful buying electronics (including phones) in the Caribbean.  Many merchants sell "Gray Market" electronics which have not been authorized for sale in this part of the world (most Gray Market stuff is intended for sale in Asia).  Accordingly, those items come without a US Warranty.  If this is an issue of concern, make sure to ask the sales person to show you the warranty certificate and beware if it is coverage by some third party company.

Hank