Is there any way to get Voyager's Club points before sailing?

Stockjock

I believe the answer is "no", but thought I'd ask.  The reason I'm asking is because I have an upcoming sailing soon and am only a few hundred points from Black/Diamond.  It's not a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind doing the tasting menu and such.

• Haha 1

Certainly there is! 

MSC sometimes runs promos where you get extra points BEFORE the cruise to reach your status faster. And they are doing it right now!

Just pick your dream Winter cruise and book by November 30th: as part of the MSC Voyagers Club, together with 5% off of all winter cruises, you will receive 700 extra points credited before departure, to help you upgrade your membership level faster and possibily get exclusive new benefits during your upcoming cruise. You may enjoy privileges such as priority embarkation and disembarkation, late check-out, complimentary dinner at one of our speciality restaurants and much more, depending on your membership level.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/winter-members-promotion

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Certainly there is! 

MSC sometimes runs promos where you get extra points BEFORE the cruise to reach your status faster. And they are doing it right now!

Just pick your dream Winter cruise and book by November 30th: as part of the MSC Voyagers Club, together with 5% off of all winter cruises, you will receive 700 extra points credited before departure, to help you upgrade your membership level faster and possibily get exclusive new benefits during your upcoming cruise. You may enjoy privileges such as priority embarkation and disembarkation, late check-out, complimentary dinner at one of our speciality restaurants and much more, depending on your membership level.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/winter-members-promotion

Unfortunately, I'm in the USA so I can't do that, although we do have a winter European cruise booked.

Okay, this is odd.  Last night, I was at 9,600 VC points, 400 shy of Diamond.  After writing this, I'm now Diamond at 11,000 points.  Not sure why.  We did a cruise on Grandiosa last month and perhaps there was some spending that didn't show up right away?

In any event, I won't argue.  Not a huge deal, but I'll take whatever perks I can get.

IMG_0198.jpg

5 minutes ago, rool said:

Congratulations.

I was 100 short of Diamond after a short cruise in April and updated my telephone number to get the extra hundred.

It took an email from me but it got sorted on the end.

That's not a bad idea for someone close.  I think I've updated my info every time and to my knowledge, I've never received the promised 100 point bonuses.

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Oh, I saw this promo on some countries websites, but seems not to be on the US site. 

FYI, as of this evening, that offer is now showing on the MSC USA site as well.  Earlier today, it was not showing up.

IMG_0204.PNG

MSC VOYAGERS CLUB WINTER OFFER

For a limited time only, MSC Voyagers Club Members can receive 700 bonus points and 5% off a variety of cruises. 

Sail the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean and The Bahamas, discover breathtaking coastlines in the Mediterranean, or explore other amazing destinations like Northern Europe, the Red Sea, and more.

Make a new booking to any of these spectacular destinations by November 30, 2022, and depart between November 1, 2022, and February 28, 2023, and get 700 bonus points plus a 5% discount. The extra points will be credited to you prior to your departure so you can upgrade your membership level faster. 

If you are a Past Guest who has sailed with MSC Cruises, you are also eligible. Join MSC Voyagers Club today and book your cruise to enjoy the benefits. 

Hurry, this offer ends soon!

16 hours ago, Stockjock said:

FYI, as of this evening, that offer is now showing on the MSC USA site as well.  Earlier today, it was not showing up.

Nice. You can expect to get the 700 points one week before the cruise. I indeed got them exactly one week before departure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

And they become a waste of time over 10k.

Not forgetting all those pesky cruisers like us, who got (black)/diamond status match with 10,000 points free gratis! 😉 😂 😊

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hamrag said:

Not forgetting all those pesky cruisers like us, who got (black)/diamond status match with 10,000 points free gratis! 😉 😂 😊

Great to read when you are working to get Black/Diamond since 2011 and will MAYBE get it this months with MSC cruise number 10 😄 

But it´s ok, MSC want to win on the american market and to beat RCCL and Carnival they need to offer something completely crazy. Which is what they do with this status match. 

As a side note, to get that diamond level free tasting menu dinner, I assume one just calls the restaurant reservation number.  Or is there a letter with instructions left in the room?  

I've just been lowly gold until now, so I haven't yet inhaled the rarified air of a diamond member.  The perks aren't a lot, but hey, I'll take what I can get!  Certainly, this one was a lot easier to achieve versus other cruise lines.

35 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Great to read when you are working to get Black/Diamond since 2011 and will MAYBE get it this months with MSC cruise number 10 😄 

But it´s ok, MSC want to win on the american market and to beat RCCL and Carnival they need to offer something completely crazy. Which is what they do with this status match. 

FYI, we have never cruised MSC in the 'American Market'! Our cruise history is 54 cruises, 16 different cruiselines, 8 cruises on MSC (6 were Yacht Club) and another YC booked for Antilles Caribbean later this month. 

I don't understand why you would say it's crazy to offer status match?

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

As a side note, to get that diamond level free tasting menu dinner, I assume one just calls the restaurant reservation number.  Or is there a letter with instructions left in the room?  

I've just been lowly gold until now, so I haven't yet inhaled the rarified air of a diamond member.  The perks aren't a lot, but hey, I'll take what I can get!  Certainly, this one was a lot easier to achieve versus other cruise lines.

You just make reservation at restaurant. When you arrive , mention you are using your Diamond dinner. They scan card and then explain special part of menu. Tasting menu is one app, one entree and one dessert.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I don't understand why you would say it's crazy to offer status match?

Well, nobody else is doing it. Even Costa is not considering it, they really would need to do something like this to stop drowning. 

And it is the details, to give some people the highest level even they never cruised MSC before, that is surely something unseen also. Some years before you almost never saw a black card holder, now there are thousands. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Well, with a dozen voyages and well over 43,000 points, I'm hoping for a Titanium (or such) level, perhaps at 50K?

gary

7 years on from when MSC first spoke about other levels and still nothing! 

6 hours ago, sidari said:

7 years on from when MSC first spoke about other levels and still nothing! 

Maybe they should have a level at something like 100,000 points (Titanium works), but once you hit, the points don't expire anymore.