Head sets?

smj

Also note that the QuietVox devices that Viking (as well as many others...) uses have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Thus it will accept most any earphone/headphone equipped with that standard 3.5mm plug. I've even plugged a Bluetooth (transmit) adapter in and used my wireless Bluetooth earbuds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

I've even plugged a Bluetooth (transmit) adapter in and used my wireless Bluetooth earbuds.

Great idea!!  But I'm torn. Some of me would be very happy not to have to deal with a headset wire and some of me is worried about losing the BT headset. I will just have to think about this a bit more.

While I ponder, please, could you tell us just what to look for when choosing an adapter? What features must it have? Even better, is their a particular unit or brand I should be looking at?  I just did a quick search on AMZ and realized that I am in over my head here.  TIA

10 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Yes, but not on every tour.  Personally, because I can't hear even with a hearing aid, I wish Viking would require they be used on all tours.

Make sure you select a model that has transmitter mode. This is the one I'm using: 

Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver, Low Latency 4-in-1 Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Audio AUX Adapter with Display Screen for Car/Home Stereo System, TV,PC https://a.co/d/crgAeLt

I paired it with my earbuds before I traveled with it, just to insure all was working as planned. 

Edited by Haqdeluxe

That's great!  THANK YOU!

The description says:

[LCD Visual Screen]- Portable bluetooth transmitter adopt unique visual screen design,will show whether the product is in TX mode or RX mode,it is convenient to choose the Bluetooth devices to connect(up to 8 nearby devices).And this visible Bluetooth transmitter 3.5mm audio adapter can also show the paring mode/status, battery, volume, etc.

Does that mean that both DH and I can connect to the transmitter at the same time? Or do we each need to buy an adapter and connect to our own QV boxes?

Edited by Peregrina651

56 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

That's great!  THANK YOU!

The description says:

[LCD Visual Screen]- Portable bluetooth transmitter adopt unique visual screen design,will show whether the product is in TX mode or RX mode,it is convenient to choose the Bluetooth devices to connect(up to 8 nearby devices).And this visible Bluetooth transmitter 3.5mm audio adapter can also show the paring mode/status, battery, volume, etc.

Does that mean that both DH and I can connect to the transmitter at the same time? Or do we each need to buy an adapter and connect to our own QV boxes?

According to the customer Q&A, only one device can be used at a time.

The “eight” probably means the number of devices it can remember pairing to but only one can be active.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Thanks 1