Buying dining package pre cruise vs on board

DT1304

On all previous cruises that I have done, I have never bought things like dining packages or drinks packages pre cruise, and have always found good specials on board.

Recently I am seeing more and more people buying pre cruise. Have they wised up and are actually charging the higher prices on board compared to pre cruise.

I am referring to Royal Carib.

14 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

On all previous cruises that I have done, I have never bought things like dining packages or drinks packages pre cruise, and have always found good specials on board.

Recently I am seeing more and more people buying pre cruise. Have they wised up and are actually charging the higher prices on board compared to pre cruise.

I am referring to Royal Carib.

I purchased some shore excursions and some dining recently for our upcoming Royal Caribbean cruises. Reason being, that I could pay in AUD plus I could still use any OBC.

• Like 1

Hi

i have pre purchased Royal Carribean excursions on a Israel cruise recently and was very glad I did.   Some pax were left unable to go to their places of  interest because the excursions were sold out.

we arrived late at the port and some who had booked with other non Royal excursions found they had missed their trips.

this may not be the same on an Australian cruise.

since Covid people are booking more shore excursions in the Med with the boat!

Eileen

Thanks for your answers. 

I am more focused on buying dining packages and internet access than on excursions. I have been to all the ports before and know what I want to do at each port without booking excursions.

I think I'll just wait to see if they have any Black Friday sales, and then will just pre-buy what I want.

• Like 1

I pre purchased the 3 night dining package for our upcoming RCC cruise. Watched the prices and nabbed a 35% discount a couple of weeks ago. We usually book everything on board but this time I’m prebooking as much as possible due to the bad exchange rate…

24 minutes ago, lesands77 said:

We usually book everything on board but this time I’m prebooking as much as possible due to the bad exchange rate…

I would not worry about the exchange rate as no one can predict which way it will go. The difference would be minimal anyway. ATM moment the AUD is on the rise.🙁

Thanks all for your replies.

I have another question about this. It states that they will make a courtesy reservation on night 1 or 2.

If the reservation is made at a venue I do not want to go to or on a night I do not want to go on, can I cancel it when i get on board and rebook for my chosen dates, or am I tied into the 1st courtesy reservation?

1 hour ago, DT1304 said:

Thanks all for your replies.

I have another question about this. It states that they will make a courtesy reservation on night 1 or 2.

If the reservation is made at a venue I do not want to go to or on a night I do not want to go on, can I cancel it when i get on board and rebook for my chosen dates, or am I tied into the 1st courtesy reservation?

The first couple of nights the specialty restaurants are only half full at the best.

You won’t have a problem changing it, just go to one of the restaurants .

I found they usually give you a call in the cabin.