Carnival: How many elegant evenings are best?

Honolulu Blue

The best number of elegant evenings  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many elegant evenings do you think is best for 6-10 night cruises?

• Two (the current number)
    • One
    • Zero
    • Every evening should be elegant!
    • It's complicated (please explain below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2022 at 07:29 PM

I was inspired by some comments here to ask this... how many elegant evenings do you think are best on Carnival for cruises between 6 and 10 days?

As most of you know, there are currently two on cruises between those lengths.  And it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.  But should they?  Are elegant evenings a concept that should be phased out or discarded?  Or maybe elegance should be emphasized on Carnival ships.  Please answer from your perspective and not worry about the rest of us passengers too much.

Thanks in advance, and please be decent to each other. 😇

I am actually a very elegant person and I always over-dress. (I have been cruising for decades.)  I also try to match my fashion to itinerary. That means clothes, jewelry, shoes, bags, and wraps (and make-up) must all coordinate, and be appropriate for the weather and the location.  I select every thing at least a month or more in advance.

For formal nights I always wear a gown, unless I am on a cruise that is less than five nights.

I prefer to have two formal nights on cruises less than seven nights.  Every other night I also wear a dress, but the simplest dresses are on the first night (just unpacking) and the last night (packing everything up again.).  

When I am on Carnival, I wear more fun, trendy styles and husband will wear suits.  If it is a tropical climate we wear bright colors and whites, and I wear open-toed heels. If we are in a colder climate we wear darker colors, and I will wear pump heels.   

This Summer we cruised on Cunard and husband wore his tuxedo both formal nights (just changed his bow tie), while I wore two long sweeping gowns, one of gold net and sequins, and one of white satin.  For the regular nights I wore short dresses with sequins, categorized as cocktail dresses.  I do like luxurious styles, and I have some dresses that are actually too fancy for cruises.

We take lots of photos on every cruise!  I never worry about what other passengers wear, just that I look my personal best, because that is how I enjoy my cruise experiences!

• Like 3

I like the current number.  I enjoy getting dressed up and making dinner into more of an "experience."

That being said, even though I'm in my early twenties, I have much older taste for my age.  I prefer a lot of "old-style" cruise experiences and habits that I realize are probably on their way out.  I'm honestly more a Princess type of person but alas I am bound to Carnival for budgetary reasons 😆

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

We are very similar to LibertyBella.  Maybe slightly less dressy on regular evenings. 

On elegant evening, hubby is in tuxedo, I am in long gown.  On regular evenings, I wear a dressier dress or skirt and dressy top, most likely not quite "cocktail" attire.

• Like 3

I just entered my 30's and my partner is mid-20's and we both like elegant evenings. But I don't think on a line like Carnival or other mainstream or family-focused lines that every night should be elegant and hide in your cabin otherwise. It's nice to opt into the experience for a fun formal night. If you don't want to, that's your choice and I don't think you should be judged either for not wanting to dress up. 

• Like 3