Able to pick day bed ahead of time @ Coco Cay?

So we will be at Coco Cay in about 2 weeks and reserved a day bed at chill island. Are you able to go to the shore excursions desk on the first day to reserve one in the front line (closer to the water)? Or is it first come, first serve once we get to Coco Cay?

I thought they were assigned based on when you booked it. I had one in March ‘21 and when I checked at the Excursion Desk they told me they were pre-assigned based on when I made the reservation. When we arrived at Coco Cay to check-in for our Day Bed, they were already assigned with our name on the bed.

1 hour ago, dohertm1 said:

Hate to say this, but the daybeds are not worth the exorbitant cost. Beach chairs and umbrellas are free all around the island. FYI - South Beach is a quieter part of Coco Cay than Chill Island.

I’ve been to Cococay many times and always get the bed. It’s definitely worth it, especially if you have kids. We always share with another couple and the kids don’t factor into the 4 people rule. 

- guaranteed spot

- Service

- Full shade as needed

- The bed

- two loungers

- 2 mats

- a cooler full of water

for $200 it’s defiantly worth it. Hardly “exorbitant” - have you seen the cost of the cabanas? 

We were just on Symphony last week and our bed was pre assigned. I went to the Shore Excursion desk the day of sailing and they had a list of everyone who had a bed an what bed was assigned. They provided us with a map with our bed circled. We were happy to get the front row. When we arrived, all of the beds had the names written on them.

We loved the bed & will rent again. Yes, there were so many empty chairs but we liked having the loungers & the bed to sprawl out on. Cooler was nice too. 

• Like 1