dining menus in main restaurant

jamon

34 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I don't mind paying extra for lobster if I don't go to a specialty restaurant (I think Hola is the only one we plan on and maybe a brunch at Butchers)

I did pay extra for the Surf and Turf in March of this year, it was 24.95 for 8 ounce filet mignon and a lobster tail.  It was delicious but I see on the new menus they have a surf and turf night with filet and a lobster tail on gala night in the MDR for free. No need for me to order the pay for if I can get it for free this time. 

37 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I don't mind paying extra for lobster if I don't go to a specialty restaurant (I think Hola is the only one we plan on and maybe a brunch at Butchers)

What is brunch like at Butchers?

I noticed that there is no GF category. Maybe they’ll add that in the future. First time on MSC but other cruise experience with GF eating has been quite awkward.

It might be that chefs think gluten free passengers have Celiacs Disease, which is, of course, serious. But often GF diners are just wheat sensitive so a menu notation like « contains wheat » would be useful.👍

1 hour ago, MaisonRose said:

I noticed that there is no GF category. Maybe they’ll add that in the future. First time on MSC but other cruise experience with GF eating has been quite awkward.

It might be that chefs think gluten free passengers have Celiacs Disease, which is, of course, serious. But often GF diners are just wheat sensitive so a menu notation like « contains wheat » would be useful.👍

There have been a number of posts on GF over the last few months.  I personally have not seen or used them, but it has been routinely reported that MSC does have a special GF menu on many cruises, and if you advise the maitre 'd, they will accommodate you.  The only other special menu they have is a children's one as well.

4 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

So many of the items appeal to me. My stomach couldn’t fit every item I would want to try each night. I don’t see why people say there are not enough choices. 

I agree! We are onboard the Meriviglia for 11 nights so gonna give it a try here! These menus look great to me!

• Like 2

Just now, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

We got 8 nights. Those are only 7. I wonder if they got another menu or they just go through 1 of the others twice?

I seen someone post a 4 night menu for the Mera recently and it had the Italian menu and the Gala menu.  So I am saying they repeat. We have sailed from 14 to 32 day cruises on b2b's on MSC and they always repeat.

• Like 1