Early arrival in Buenas Aires

Gloria D

You will find that getting through customs will take about 1 hour.  Airport is quite far out and will take 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.

The biggest problem you may have is what to do with your luggage if you want to do something prior to the cruise.  

A possiblity is a public luggage storage like -  https://stasher.com/luggage-storage/buenos-aires

Another option we’ve used a couple of times is to go 3-5 or 6-7 days prior to the cruise, arrange through a decent local company for a trip to Iguazu etc. 

Note, on the back end of your cruise, the taxis lined up outside the cruise terminal are a racket. On exiting, walk left a block or two before trying to engage a cruising cab. Better yet, let that same local company arrange your transport after the cruise as well. “Say Hueque” is good.

if you opt for a one-day quickie, make sure that your tour guide/driver includes time in La Boca and at the Recolleta, two iconic visits in B.A.

14 hours ago, Torfamm said:

In the past I have hired a tour guide privately to pick us up from the airport, sightsee, then drop us at our hotel or cruise port when we arrive really early

That's a really good idea.   Didn't think of that.

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That's a really good idea.   Didn't think of that.

Hiring a guide for the first day in a destination is especially helpful after an overnight flight when I am not at my best. I've had really good luck with it.

Once had this same situation.  We got to our hotel by 8:30am, were tired from the long flight, could not get into our room until the afternoon, etc.  So, we went out to a nearby restaurant and had a very long breakfast.  After breakfast we walked a few miles around town (it was walk or collapse from little sleep) and finally headed back to our hotel late in the morning.  By a small miracle our room was ready (and so was our nap).

Hank