Question for those sailing Celebrity - Classic beverage package value and menu request

I'm trying to sort out the value proposition of different NZ sailings for this time next year. 

I'm extremely keen to try Celebrity Edge, but the cost is certainly a little more than the RCI/Princess sailings for similar itineraries. 

The all-inclusive packages on Celebrity which include Classic drinks package and Wifi seem pretty decent value on the surface, but it doesn't take much digging to see that a huge number of wines, beers and especially cocktails aren't included. Limiting to drinks <$9USD seems well, fairly limiting. 

Could anyone sailing Celebrity soon post a few pictures of drinks menus onboard and their experience with the Classic package? 

And if you have an existing booking, is there an option to upgrade your all-inclusive Classic package to a Premium one? And for how much?

Thanks!

Keen to know as well, but not in a rush. We have booked on Edge for March 2024. 

When we have had the drink packages on Solstice in the past, the cap was a bit limiting, but we still found enough of the drinks we like to have made it worthwhile.

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

Keen to know as well, but not in a rush. We have booked on Edge for March 2024. 

When we have had the drink packages on Solstice in the past, the cap was a bit limiting, but we still found enough of the drinks we like to have made it worthwhile.

Hi

we are booked on Celebrity edge for Christmas 2023.

just had a look at the Celebrity website and it gives a large range of spirits and drinks that are available on the Classic package, which is the one that I think is included in the ‘All included’.   But then it also mentions the $9 up to cost.

this seems like a contradiction?    I also would like to know what is actually included if someone is on Celebrity?

thanks

Eileen

15 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

And if you have an existing booking, is there an option to upgrade your all-inclusive Classic package to a Premium one? And for how much?

Thanks!

I'm going on the Eclipse in Feb 2023. I asked my TA about a month ago and she said I could upgrade to the Premium package for about AUD$160 but prices can change. Waiting to see what Black Friday deals come out but if the price doesn't change too much, I will most likely get the upgrade as I like my martinis.

Edited by Snoopkat
currency added

Hi all.

We are booked for a January 2nd 2023 departure for a 2-week cruise on Celebrity Eclipse. 

I purchased the "Elevate" package for $500 per person.🥃🍸🍷🍹🍺🥤🍾🍶

Edited by buchhalm
Added name of the ship

17 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

I'm trying to sort out the value proposition of different NZ sailings for this time next year. 

I'm extremely keen to try Celebrity Edge, but the cost is certainly a little more than the RCI/Princess sailings for similar itineraries. 

The all-inclusive packages on Celebrity which include Classic drinks package and Wifi seem pretty decent value on the surface, but it doesn't take much digging to see that a huge number of wines, beers and especially cocktails aren't included. Limiting to drinks <$9USD seems well, fairly limiting. 

Could anyone sailing Celebrity soon post a few pictures of drinks menus onboard and their experience with the Classic package? 

Thanks!

We cruised on Celebrity a few times pre-pandemic. We always upgraded our drinks package as soon as we boarded as the Classic package options didn't cover the cocktails we liked plus it gave us a greater selection of wines by the glass. In 2019 it was US$10.80 pp per day to upgrade. I'm not sure if it's the same price now but you might find more info in the Celebrity forum here.

• Like 2