Aquamar price increase on Nov. 11, 2022 onboard Marina

slw207693

If you though Aquamar prices were expensive before, on Nov. 11, 2022 there will be a major price increase, at least on Marina

all prices are without added 18% gratuity

Examples:   Deep tissue massage - 50 minutes. Currently: $179   New: $229

Swedish massage - 50 minute  Currently: $149  New:  $199

A couples 50 minute massage was $279 and new price is $399

50 minute Facials went from $199 to $229

My favorite shampoo and blow out (3 session bundle) was $129 and now will be $189 😡

A single wash and blow out was from $49 and now from $79

Fire and Ice manicure/pedicure combined was $139 and will be $169

Exotic hand ritual and sole delight pedicure was $129 and will be $149

Classic manicure and pedicure was $99 and now will be $129

shellac add on for hands and feet stayed the same $30

Gentleman’s haircut and style was $45 and will be $49.     Beard and neck trim went from $19 to $29

Let me know if you have a specific service you’d like quoted

@slw207693

Wow, sounds like O will need to up their $150 Spa amenity for O Club 😁 That is quite a bump, maybe they need some extra pricing room for all the “Specials” they will be running to get people in the door. I guess my wife will be receiving my Spa credit to finance her visit to Aquamar in January. 

Thanks for the update.

Mauibabes. 

2 hours ago, slw207693 said:

If you though Aquamar prices were expensive before, on Nov. 11, 2022 there will be a major price increase, at least on Marina

all prices are without added 18% gratuity

Examples:   Deep tissue massage - 50 minutes. Currently: $179   New: $229

Swedish massage - 50 minute  Currently: $149  New:  $199

A couples 50 minute massage was $279 and new price is $399

50 minute Facials went from $199 to $229

My favorite shampoo and blow out (3 session bundle) was $129 and now will be $189 😡

A single wash and blow out was from $49 and now from $79

Fire and Ice manicure/pedicure combined was $139 and will be $169

Exotic hand ritual and sole delight pedicure was $129 and will be $149

Classic manicure and pedicure was $99 and now will be $129

shellac add on for hands and feet stayed the same $30

Gentleman’s haircut and style was $45 and will be $49.     Beard and neck trim went from $19 to $29

Let me know if you have a specific service you’d like quoted

We’re on Marina too. Foot Reflexology 50 minute massage will go from $149 to $199.

6 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@slw207693

Wow, sounds like O will need to up their $150 Spa amenity for O Club 😁 That is quite a bump, maybe they need some extra pricing room for all the “Specials” they will be running to get people in the door. I guess my wife will be receiving my Spa credit to finance her visit to Aquamar in January. 

Thanks for the update.

Mauibabes. 

It used to be $260 per person. Doubt it'll go back up.

I did notice in Sept in the fine print on the bottom of the page it said Steiner. I was under the impression that NCL/O were operating it themselves. 

It seems that ALL cruise brands are increasing their prices from fares, specialty items, and yes spa treatments.  Since this blog is on spa treatments, I will focus my thoughts on that.  When living my normal life, I rarely do spa treatments.  When on a cruise, I often do one or two massages in the spa.  I really have never been overly impress with the quality of cruise ship massages or for that matter, many of the spa services; when prices go up we as consumers have a choice to make.  

It is normal for a cruise ship to have higher prices for these services.  We as cruisers are a captive audience.  The price listed above seem excessive.  Yet I bet "dollars to donuts" (that line shows my age), the spa will still be packed and have a waiting list. All the cruise brands are looking for ways to get their profits and cash flow back to pre-pandemic times.  We sometimes forget the financial hit the industry took.

The bottom line for most folks is they are on vacation.  They visualize having a butler serve them Breakfast in their suite, 5-Star Dining with great service, Having an evening night cap on your private veranda, and yes an occasional spa treatment.  Sometimes, it is nice to see yourself being treated like a "Rock Star". 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

... Yet I bet "dollars to donuts" (that line shows my age)...

Though if you had said, "deutsche marks to donuts"....

After all, who remembers the all-powerful deutsche mark? That brings back memories of a super-strong German currency playing havoc with German export goods like luxury automobiles in the late 1980s. May it RIP. With a Euro now trading around parity with the dollar! Anyone going to Europe in 2023 or 2024 should be looking into getting some with its weakness. Wife and I picked some up a while back and I'm still watching the currency quotes daily to see if she declines further, since we're going in 2023 and 2024 on O cruises to Europe.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

I did notice in Sept in the fine print on the bottom of the page it said Steiner. I was under the impression that NCL/O were operating it themselves. 

Yes, the spa services are provided by Steiner and most have come to Oceania from other cruise lines.  Steiner provides spa services on many of the mass market lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Yes I thought  they were running  it as well

an old article 

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Oceania-Cruises-replacing-Canyon-Ranch-with-Aquamar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

We are considering O for a cruise.  I have to admit that spa pampering is part of our cruise experience.  Does O run specials like NCL, where you can get 3 treatments for 10%/20%/30% off?  Still high, but 3 is our usual pick on a 7 day cruise.

They do run specials  not  sure  on a 7 day cruise   we have not tried one of those

• Like 1

With the number of repeaters that Oceania has I would say there are quite a few that are gold or higher that gets the free treatments of $150 each. Not only has the amount gone down $110 per person, the value of what you get has gone down with the price increases. Perhaps the amount of free OBC they give to O club members is driving the increase. 

Also in the past we were able to use any leftover Spa credit towards the gratuity, now it's doesn't count toward the tip and it's use it or lose it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

With the number of repeaters that Oceania has I would say there are quite a few that are gold or higher that gets the free treatments of $150 each. Not only has the amount gone down $110 per person, the value of what you get has gone down with the price increases. Perhaps the amount of free OBC they give to O club members is driving the increase. 

Also in the past we were able to use any leftover Spa credit towards the gratuity, now it's doesn't count toward the tip and it's use it or lose it. 

I do not recall getting  more than $150   as noted in the above article   but  we use  any left over  to buy products  in the spa  I usually find something I can use  LOL

23 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I do not recall getting  more than $150   as noted in the above article   but  we use  any left over  to buy products  in the spa  I usually find something I can use  LOL

I just went back and looked at a couple of old invoices. In Sept of 2019 we got $230 each Spa credit, I was wrong on the $260 amount, but close. I believe it changed in November of 2019 and there was a window there where Gold and up didn't get anything. We took a cruise in Dec of 2019 that we didn't receive anything. At some point they reinstated it with a new amount of $150 per person. 

When was your last cruise that you got $150 on? Edit,( don't seem to be tracking this morning)

PS, I don't think they allow you to buy products anymore. I just confirmed that with Teresa, she asked them about that in Sept. 

Edited by ORV

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

I just went back and looked at a couple of old invoices. In Sept of 2019 we got $230 each Spa credit, I was wrong on the $260 amount, but close. I believe it changed in November of 2019 and there was a window there where Gold and up didn't get anything. We took a cruise in Dec of 2019 that we didn't receive anything. At some point they reinstated it with a new amount of $150 per person. 

When was your last cruise that you got $125 on?

PS, I don't think they allow you to buy products anymore. I just confirmed that with Teresa, she asked them about that in Sept. 

We were last on April 2019   got the $150 ea 

DH hubby did not use all of his  so I managed to use it up 😉

Interesting   they are always pushing you to buy products 

I was sure I used  the certificate   but maybe just my OBC ..getting old 🙂

I was trying to use up the OBC so bought  stuff for my sister in the spa store

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

We were last on April 2019   got the $150 ea 

DH hubby did not use all of his  so I managed to use it up 😉

Interesting   they are always pushing you to buy products 

I was sure I used  the certificate   but maybe just my OBC ..getting old 🙂

I was trying to use up the OBC so bought  stuff for my sister in the spa store

No, you are right about the product, they used to let you use the certificate for it, but they didn't this past September, at least on the Regatta. You know how things can change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. 

I find it interesting you only got that amount in Apr of 19 yet we got $230 in Sept of 19. Perhaps it was the book by date. 

Just  a though on the price increase

Since usually 80% pax are repeaters  & many will have the spa credit   they are not making $$ on them  so now if they raise the price  they can make some $  on top of those  using the free credit

Just my theory  right or wrong??? 🤔

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

DH hubby did not use all of his  so I managed to use it up

They did still allow Teresa to use up my extra, but only on her booked treatment, but not any extra treatments. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

They did still allow Teresa to use up my extra, but only on her booked treatment, but not any extra treatments. 

yes   they upgraded my treatment so I could use his leftover credit

• 2 months later...

I was looking at the the Spa 1 sheet and it seems the Massage prices are for Couples Massage. I wonder if there is another sheet for individuals, or if it's half of that price? Or maybe massages are for couples only, but surely that couldn't be right. 

• Like 1