COVID Supplies List

lakegirl16

I recall seeing a post in this group, I think, about supplies people were packing during COVID times.  I thought I marked it but apparently not.  I've searched and cannot find it.  If anyone recalls the post, could you post the link?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, lakegirl16 said:

I recall seeing a post in this group, I think, about supplies people were packing during COVID times.  I thought I marked it but apparently not.  I've searched and cannot find it.  If anyone recalls the post, could you post the link?  Thanks.

Same things you would pack for the flu.  Varies as to what you use for aches and temperature.  Nyquil type items, Tylenol.  If you are positive and in your cabin , medical will provide needed items.

The following meds would be helpful:

fever reducer 

dayquill/nyquill

eye drops

excedrin migraine  

nose spray

throat lozenges/cough drops

thermometer, maybe a pulse oximeter

Be sure to pack the trash from the above back into your luggage.

For other things I also would bring pepto, imodium, tums, ginger chews, and any meds you normally take.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The following meds would be helpful:

fever reducer 

dayquill/nyquill

eye drops

excedrin migraine  

nose spray

throat lozenges/cough drops

thermometer, maybe a pulse oximeter

Be sure to pack the trash from the above back into your luggage.

For other things I also would bring pepto, imodium, tums, ginger chews, and any meds you normally take.

And Tylenol suppositories in case your fever is high and you’re also throwing up. 

CYA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget snacks, books, games, or anything else you might want in case you get quarantined aboard.

Noise machine (or use a free app not requiring internet, such as White Noise Lite) can help if you need to sleep during the day.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

has anyone been able to get Placlovid or any other treatment prescribed by their doctors in case they get sick.  I read that the cruise ships don't have it and worried about getting kicked off in the Caribbean and islands don't have it either.  

Has anyone tried having an air purifier in your room?

Any experiences here would be appreciated.  Seriously considering losing $1500 just not to go now or 14 day cruise.  Seems too risky.  

4 hours ago, 5CMaryland said:

has anyone been able to get Placlovid or any other treatment prescribed by their doctors in case they get sick.  I read that the cruise ships don't have it and worried about getting kicked off in the Caribbean and islands don't have it either.  

Any experiences here would be appreciated.  Seriously considering losing $1500 just not to go now or 14 day cruise.  Seems too risky.  

I don't believe any of the ships are kicking you off right now.  You need to quarantine in your room and that is pretty much it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 5CMaryland said:

I just got off a 7-day Cruise yesterday. I don't have any symptoms. I'll test in a few hours.

I've heard reports of Paxlovid on cruise ships - including at least one on a Celebrity ship. Of course, in order to get it from them, you have to be diagnosed by them, with all those consequences.

I think canceling because of the current situation with COVID-19 is an overreaction, but ultimately the decision is up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide.