Unused Pre-Purchased OBC

wowzz

As a Brit, I can pre-purchase obc at an advantageous fx rate.

My understanding is that if I do not use this obc, it will be refunded.

Can anyone please explain how the refund will be paid. We are on a Southampton round trip, and obviously do not want a refund in the form of a USD cheque. 

Thanks for any help and advice.

Wowzz, I've never had any unused OBC because I put the pencil to it carefully before the cruise and usually manage to use it all.  If I book with the Plus package, I use any OBCs for excursions or specialty dining just to burn through them. There are some cruises where the TA gives me enough OBC to cover the staff tips, so I go ala cart for drinks and wifi.  I don't need wifi, and I usually only have a wee dram or three in the evening.

I'm somewhat of a frugal, low-key cruiser and any day at sea is a good day for me.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, wowzz said:

As a Brit, I can pre-purchase obc at an advantageous fx rate.

My understanding is that if I do not use this obc, it will be refunded.

Can anyone please explain how the refund will be paid. We are on a Southampton round trip, and obviously do not want a refund in the form of a USD cheque. 

Thanks for any help and advice.

On Sky Princess in September we were able to take our unused pre-paid OBC in cash from Guest Services (we had $200 unused and were told we could take up to $250 in cash, although others have said that this was not an option on other ships). It was in USD but as it was cash I passed it on to a friend who is travelling to New York at the same price we paid Princess for it.  We got our money back and my friend got $200 for her trip a lot cheaper than she would have paid elsewhere... win-win. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:16 AM, Martha1974 said:

On Sky Princess in September we were able to take our unused pre-paid OBC in cash from Guest Services (we had $200 unused and were told we could take up to $250 in cash, although others have said that this was not an option on other ships). It was in USD but as it was cash I passed it on to a friend who is travelling to New York at the same price we paid Princess for it.  We got our money back and my friend got $200 for her trip a lot cheaper than she would have paid elsewhere... win-win. 

When we’re you able to do this? The last sea day? We also have unused OBC that we purchased. I was hoping to use it for additional tips.

We cashed it in on the (late) afternoon of the last sea day… I didn’t want to leave it too late into the evening to avoid long queues at Guest Services. This was the wording on the Disembarkation Information that was left in the cabin 2-3 days before 

3DEA1EBE-C0B2-423C-960B-D2B3B1A16EF3.jpeg