Do additional cruise excursion time slots get added as they fill up?

cabland

So we have an Alaskan cruise booked on Holland America for next June.  As I look at the excursion times, I am seeing ONE time slot for many of them (typically one that coincides with the ship's arrival time in port).  As an example, the helicopter rides are all for the same early slot with no other slots listed.  When we did the a similar cruise a few years ago there were multiple time slots.  I have a FEELING they may be letting the first slot book before opening a second, third, etc. especially this far out before the cruise.  I've pinged my cruise consultant, but figured I would ask the board as well.

Thanks!

And to add to @CruiserBruce's comment we are experiencing a severe labor shortage in Alaska.  Not only businesses such as retail and the hospitality industry are having problems securing employees, any position which requires some sort of license (ie, Commercial Drivers License, commercial pilot, some sort of marine license to captain a boat) are having real problems.  There may not be any additional slots available due to the labor shortage.

• Like 1

If your port call time is from 8am to 8pm there may be ample opportunities (slots) for

shore excursions - if the port time is reduced to 1pm then the opportunities may be fewer.

Multiple ships may offer more slots - early late in the season with only one ship and

port call time limited there may only be 1 slot time available. It could very well be that

certain cruise lines have priority on shore excursions times slots.

Suggestion if booked for your cruise and shore excursions slots are limited book 

the one you want.