Four inside cabins (IB) on Dawn deck 9 that only "holds 2" - hidden "downsides"?

TrumpyNor

We are considering booking a cruise on the Dawn, and are looking at inside cabins on deck 9 (category IB). Have had inside cabins on other ships in the NCL fleet, where we have been two persons and the cabins have had one extra bed attached to the wall on each side of the "regular bed". I have banged my head on that type of bed in inside cabins several times in the past, because I tend to "forget that it is there" when getting out of bed in the morning. As the cabin is only for my husband and myself, we would prefer an inside cabin that doesn't have these extra beds "latched" to the walls next to the regular bed. 

According to the deck plan below (Norwegian Dawn, deck 9), there are some cabins that doesn't have the plus-mark that stands for "holds 4", eg. # 9025 - #9027 - #9077 - #9079. So my first thought was that one of them would be what I was looking for. But then I started thinking that it is strange that NCL doesn't have the possibility for adding 3rd or 4th person to those cabins as they do for the majority of the other inside cabins on deck 9. Could that mean that these specific cabins are even smaller than the regular inside cabins, or they have some special lay-out that makes them less desirable than the rest of the IB cabins on that deck?

Or am I simply overanalyzing this....? I tried to google it, but didn't get any results for those specific cabins - so hope one of you maybe know from previous cruises where you actually stayed in one of these cabins.... 🤞🤞

image.thumb.jpeg.f46b26af46a7fb9ef5915231e8ebc1ce.jpeg

I believe that you are on the right track.  We often book inside, and try to get the "only 2" rooms.  I believe that they are all generally the same size.  If we ever do wind up in one with beds on the wall, we'll likely ask the steward to split the beds so that we don't have to be acrobatic to maneuver in and out of bed.

• Like 2

Add one more cabin to the list: 9115 - it's a sideway cabin close to mid-ship elevators - ideal location!

Just found a few more .... Deck 10 - 10069, 10071, 10107. Deck 11 - 11033, 11035, 11069.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe that you are on the right track.  We often book inside, and try to get the "only 2" rooms.  I believe that they are all generally the same size.  If we ever do wind up in one with beds on the wall, we'll likely ask the steward to split the beds so that we don't have to be acrobatic to maneuver in and out of bed.

My husband and I have thought about having the beds split with an inside or ocean view room. This way it is easier to get in and out of bed, and easier to sit and look out the window if you have one. I really wish NCL would make the insides a little bigger so that there is room for a chair or small couch like other cruise lines have. I also miss having a chair at the desk. I really do not like sitting on the little stool they have now.

On Dawn and Star, the only inside rooms that are for four that have two beds on the wall are on 12.

The others for four have one on wall and a pop up from floor.  Since you are excluding those for four, there aren't many that are not for four when looking for pictures.  The only one I could find was a sideways one on 10 that looks like it just has two beds.

Don't forget that 9 forward port side just behind the OS is the ghost room and area.

• Like 1