Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

On 3/10/2023 at 11:11 AM, swtasugar1 said:

We are staying at Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park NJ. They have a shuttle to and from the port. We have stayed here before. It's costing 331.27 USD. 

Hi, we are looking into staying at this hotel also. Did you book the shuttle transfer with the hotel or on your own? If so, which service did you reserve with? 

Thank you!

On 5/4/2023 at 9:29 AM, CDNcruisers said:

Hi, we are looking into staying at this hotel also. Did you book the shuttle transfer with the hotel or on your own? If so, which service did you reserve with? 

Thank you!

Hi, You just telling them while checking in and they will tell you what time to meet out front. It's included with the room price and it's the hotels shuttle. 

Dave & Marianne here, from Connecticut.  We just booked today!  🙂

Change in plans!  Decided to sail the week after this.  Only guarantee balcony cabins available and I just didn't want to take a chance on this long sailing.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marianneyaya said:

Dave & Marianne here, from Connecticut.  We just booked today!  🙂

Change in plans!  Decided to sail the week after this.  Only guarantee balcony cabins available and I just didn't want to take a chance on this long sailing.  Have a great cruise!

Sorry to see you go but we'll warm the ship up for you! 😀

• Like 1

update

1.John57 John, Myriam, Robert, and Johnny Huntsville, Tx

2.Raymic Raymond and Vicky, Phoenix, Az

3.Bigmac 66 Charles and Jennifer Al

4.Zeploc Cheryl and Ashlee Il

5.Hajo 1935 Lynne and Elizabeth Arlington, Tx

6.Cowichan Vancouver, Canada

7.Whiting Margie and Chris Whiting, NJ

8.Tinkio Valeric and Gary Tonopah, Az

9.Swatsugar1 Easton, Pa

10.Jamman 54, NJ

11.CDN Cruiser Ottawa, Canada

12.Marianneyaya Dave and Marianne

13.retitrcrr Mexico City, Mexico

states

2 Tx

2 Az

1 Al

1 Il

1 Pa

2 NJ

1 Ct

total 7 states

countries

2 Canada

1 Vancouver

1 Ottawa

Mexico

1 Mexico City

the trip on Dream was enjoyable, few dislikes and some likes.  Just remember, have not been on Carnival for a longtime.  Have pictures, which I will share, have not downloaded yet.

will be back with an update.

went back and looked for ships in port on cruise mapper.  Nothing has changed, still the same.  We had 8 days till our ship sails from Barcelona, and that will be on You Tube.  Total of 132 days to go.

Hi,  I would really like to take this cruise but I'm having a hard time convincing my husband to cruise out of New York.  I have checked the flights, where to stay, and the cruise port, and everything looks good.   Please give me all of the positives of taking this cruise.  Thanks 

7 hours ago, Momma Mojito said:

Hi,  I would really like to take this cruise but I'm having a hard time convincing my husband to cruise out of New York.  I have checked the flights, where to stay, and the cruise port, and everything looks good.   Please give me all of the positives of taking this cruise.  Thanks 

New York is our home port so we might be biased, but the sail away from New York is the absolute best, bar none! :classic_cool:

• Like 2

Good morning 4 days till, our ship sails out of Barcelona, total 19 days till our ship arrives in New York on 13 June.  Jamman54, we will soon in 128 days put your statement that New York is the best port to sail out of.  

On 5/22/2023 at 5:39 PM, Jamman54 said:

New York is our home port so we might be biased, but the sail away from New York is the absolute best, bar none! :classic_cool:

Although not my first time seeing the Lovely Lady, sailing away with the Statue of Liberty in the background literally gave me goosebumps when we did Canada on Princess a couple years ago. It turned out to be our last cruise before the Covid shutdown. Ugh...

With that memory, we purposely booked an aft wraparound for this Sept just so we could thoroughly enjoy that unique NY departure. I may bring a red/white/blue shirt just for the occasion. 😊🥳

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:21 AM, JOHN 57 said:

update

9.Swatsugar1 Easton, Pa

10.Jamman 54, NJ

states

2 Tx

2 Az

1 Al

1 Il

1 Pa

2 NJ

1 Ct

total 7 states

countries

2 Canada

1 Vancouver

1 Ottawa

Mexico

1 Mexico City

the trip on Dream was enjoyable, few dislikes and some likes.  Just remember, have not been on Carnival for a longtime.  Have pictures, which I will share, have not downloaded yet.

Hi John

Add me to the group. George from NY. Looking forward to this cruise and hopefully meeting a few folks on this board. For those getting a hotel in September, keep in mind we have UNGA-United Nations General Asembly. It runs for 2 weeks but lasts 3 since some delegations from different nations stay longer in NY. Hotels are usually booked solid in September. My commute is short to the port, about 20 mins by cab or 40 mins by subway. BTW, traveling solo like I did on Magic 2x last year. 

On 5/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, JOHN 57 said:

update

9.Swatsugar1 Easton, Pa

10.Jamman 54, NJ

states

2 Tx

2 Az

1 Al

1 Il

1 Pa

2 NJ

1 Ct

total 7 states

countries

2 Canada

1 Vancouver

1 Ottawa

Mexico

1 Mexico City

Hello and welcome happycruiser, George fromBronx, NY.  will update our list, later.

• Like 1

as you can see, our ship is on the move.  Just got latest blood test for kidney disease, egfr went from 33 to 27, so it went down.  I am told kidney will never improve, but goal is to keep in same area. Anyway on with our cruise, 14 days till our ship is in New York, and in 124 our turn.

download (2).png

• Like 1