Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

22 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Sounds like you should have stock in that lounge.šŸ˜‰Ā The best I can offer is my brother-in-law who is a retired Navy Captain(Vietnam and Desert Shield/Storm). Also a couple of cousins who were in the Marines and saw action In Vietnam (one dying there)along with a couple of other lower ranked Navy, Air Force relatives. My Dad was an Army Sargent in the 45th Infantry Thunderbirds Division during WW2 and was injured during the battle of Anzio in Italy, so no one wanted to follow those footsteps!

Oh my list goes on but I only touched on the closest family members.Ā  The brothers were during the draft so there was no choice.Ā  They were just farm boys.

good morning to everyone,Ā  Ā 45 days till we cruise, 31 till check in 15 September

suggestions

1.30 Setember, for meet and greet, 1100 or about at Heroes bar inside or outside

2.Someone will have to be the spokesman for our group at meet an greet, but not me, since I cannot mingle, so please keep that in mind.Ā  I am not saying, that I will not be there, but not as the spokesperson for our group

3.weather and temperature still to early for that, but will be posting.

that is all, I have for now.

download (1).png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

2.Someone will have to be the spokesman for our group at meet an greet, but not me, since I cannot mingle, so please keep that in mind.Ā  I am not saying, that I will not be there, but not as the spokesperson for our group

No problem John! No matter where and when we meet you can still be our Admiral, as you have been right along, overseeing things as we plan our Caribbean landing invasions.šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

No problem John! No matter where and when we meet you can still be our Admiral, as you have been right along, overseeing things as we plan our Caribbean landing invasions.šŸ˜‰

sounds good to me

• Like 1

19 hours ago, retltrcrr said:

Oh my list goes on but I only touched on the closest family members.Ā  The brothers were during the draft so there was no choice.Ā  They were just farm boys.

My white blood count 11.7

38 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

white blood count 11.7

Thatā€™s high so your immune system is still working hard, classic autoimmune disorder. Ā Address that with your doctor as this seems opposite of suppression. Ā Itā€™s still looks overactive and able to fight any illness. Ā A relevant question for your doctor with an upcoming cruise. Ā 

Edited by retltrcrr

4 hours ago, retltrcrr said:

Thatā€™s high so your immune system is still working hard, classic autoimmune disorder. Ā Address that with your doctor as this seems opposite of suppression. Ā Itā€™s still looks overactive and able to fight any illness. Ā A relevant question for your doctor with an upcoming cruise. Ā 

I see my doctor on the 23d

Good morning everyone, our ship is at sea 44 days to go, and 30 till we can checkin online.

Proposals for meet and greet, proposed to meet for meet and greet, Saturday 30 September, inside or outside the heros bar.Ā Ā 

any other suggestions.

download.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I have been reading that on military appreciation week, that one cruise will be awarded, that you need to swipe your cruise card.Ā  Does anyone, have further information.

Each Carnival ship has a Military Appreciation Day which is promoted in the Fun Times daily planner, and a large American Flag will be displayed in the atrium of the ship on that day. The day has usually been on the final sea day on most of the 7 day cruise planner schedules that I have seen but in the case of the Venezia they have been having it on the second sea day out of NYC on the 8 day cruises to the Caribbean from there. So the second sea day(Sun 10/1)at 10:30am in the Teatro Rosso theater would be my guess for our cruise. I am not sure if they would also have a second one on the second week of our cruise. As for the free cruise giveaway, as I understand it veterans would have their key card scanned and entered into the monthly drawing(fleet wide)for a free cruise. Also of note to veterans is the Your Time: veterans meeting which has been held at 10am on the first sea day in The Heroes Bar which is right before a possible M&G by this group around the same area at 11am(Sat 9/30).

11 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Each Carnival ship has a Military Appreciation Day which is promoted in the Fun Times daily planner, and a large American Flag will be displayed in the atrium of the ship on that day. The day has usually been on the final sea day on most of the 7 day cruise planner schedules that I have seen but in the case of the Venezia they have been having it on the second sea day out of NYC on the 8 day cruises to the Caribbean from there. So the second sea day(Sun 10/1)at 10:30am in the Teatro Rosso theater would be my guess for our cruise. I am not sure if they would also have a second one on the second week of our cruise. As for the free cruise giveaway, as I understand it veterans would have their key card scanned and entered into the monthly drawing(fleet wide)for a free cruise. Also of note to veterans is the Your Time: veterans meeting which has been held at 10am on the first sea day in The Heroes Bar which is right before a possible M&G by this group around the same area at 11am(Sat 9/30).

thanks for info

good morning to one and all, our ship is in Canada today, at St John, 43 days to go, and in 29 days, on 15 September, we can check in.

updates

1.Proposed that for meet and greet, be 30 September, at Heroes Bar, in or outside, about 1100

any other suggestions.

2.Military appreciation week aboard our ship, thanks to Destiny for clearing that issue up.Ā  Appears that veterans can make a drawing with their sea card for 1 free cruise.Ā  That would be nice.Ā 

download.png

• Like 1

last time Myriam and I were in St Lucia, we went to Sea Grape Restaurant, Reduit Beach, of course, that was years ago.Ā  They served a red snapper that covered the plate.Ā  We are thinking about going back there.

• Like 1

Here are the daily Fun Times from the June and July 8 day cruises from NYC on the Venezia, thanks to Saint Greg's Travels. The first three days(departure day and two sea days)are like the start of our cruise so I think you will find these schedules to be very close to ours for those days with some different entertainment likely, and the different CD. After that the only port that both they had and we have is Grand Turk so I think the schedule while we are docked there may be similar. Note that their two cruise elegant nights were on the first sea day and the last sea day.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-venezia-june-19-2023/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-venezia-july-5-2023/

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

last time Myriam and I were in St Lucia, we went to Sea Grape Restaurant, Reduit Beach, of course, that was years ago.Ā  They served a red snapper that covered the plate.Ā  We are thinking about going back there.

They have a great view too...

evl470kk.png.c61d08594dfb4191d3f05cdb95658d8c.png

• Like 2

Tomorrow,Ā  August 17 the Venezia is scheduled to dock by 10am in Halifax, Nova Scotia and stay there for a port visit until 6pm. This is a link to the Halifax harbor webcam where the ship should come into view around 30-45 minutes before docking. There are many other webcams on this site to view too at popular tourist spots in NS such as the Maritime Museum, Pier 21, Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, etc...

https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/webcams/harbour-entrance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, our ship is in Halifax, Canada today, 42 days to go, and in 28 days we can sign in on 15 September

update

proposed meet and greet 30 September, first sea day on a Saturday, at Heroes lounge indoors or out, about 11 am.Ā Ā 

comments, suggestions.

download (1).png

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, our ship is at sea, 40 days to go, and 27 till check in on 15 September.Ā Ā 

proposed meet and greet

1.30 September at sea, meet and greet at Heroes Bar inor outside

any other proposals

download (2).png

• Like 1