What are your thoughts on this Aurea promenade Siute?

Stockjock

So I booked this Aurea premium suite, but of course it is refundable.

Several have mentioned that they are not fans of the promenade rooms on World Europa. I thought this suite might be interesting because it really is not much more expensive than a standard balcony, but it’s roughly 80% the size of the grand suite.

While it is a Promenade facing cabin, it is also the last cabin on that deck at the aft of the ship, so there would be some ocean view, particularly if you look to the side. Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on this cabin, which is a little different than most?

7ED6E9F3-23AC-48E9-B158-A42835FAC020.jpeg

Only time will tell. Even though they seem not having a direct sea view they may pave the way for a nice deal, if you don't mind to have another cabin as your main view. Personally; I'd only cruise one of those if the price would be really right.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

So I booked this Aurea premium suite, but of course it is refundable.

Several have mentioned that they are not fans of the promenade rooms on World Europa. I thought this suite might be interesting because it really is not much more expensive than a standard balcony, but it’s roughly 80% the size of the grand suite.

While it is a Promenade facing cabin, it is also the last cabin on that deck at the aft of the ship, so there would be some ocean view, particularly if you look to the side. Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on this cabin, which is a little different than most?

7ED6E9F3-23AC-48E9-B158-A42835FAC020.jpeg

How is it refundable? Having checked our UK website if you cancel you lose the deposit, is that not the same in the US other than YC.

39 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Only time will tell. Even though they seem not having a direct sea view they may pave the way for a nice deal, if you don't mind to have another cabin as your main view. Personally; I'd only cruise one of those if the price would be really right.

I think the price worked about to be roughly $300 to $400 more than a standard outward-facing balcony.  Once you go to the next level Aurea suite, the price jumps quite a lot.  But those are fully facing the ocean.

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

How is it refundable? Having checked our UK website if you cancel you lose the deposit, is that not the same in the US other than YC.

In the US, with MSC, everything but YC is refundable up until the final payment date, to the best of my knowledge.  This is one of the things I like about MSC, as different cruise lines have differing policies.

Edited by Stockjock

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

In the US, everything but YC is refundable up until the final payment date, to the best of my knowledge.

I recall getting our deposit back for Seashore having booked via a US travel agent but thought MSC had since changed it. Looks like we might have to use that TA again.

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

I recall getting our deposit back for Seashore having booked via a US travel agent but thought MSC had since changed it. Looks like we might have to use that TA again.

I made my first MSC booking the other day because it specified refundable until final.  Otherwise, I was going to wait a bit for a price drop.

20221116_144703.jpg

For anyone interested, I found a 360 degree view of this suite.  I really like the size and layout.  But I don't love the lack of privacy, looking at other cabins on the other side of the promenade.

https://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/msc-world-class/4LBC-suite-aurea-with-promenade-view/en-gl/index.html

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I think the price worked about to be roughly $300 to $400 more than a standard outward-facing balcony.  

Some people may like it, others not. But after seeing the 360 view i am absolutely sure that MSC will raise the prices for these two cabins after "test market" is finished. Size and layout plus the proper ocean view from the balcony totally convinces me.

55 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Some people may like it, others not. But after seeing the 360 view i am absolutely sure that MSC will raise the prices for these two cabins after "test market" is finished. Size and layout plus the proper ocean view from the balcony totally convinces me.

Prices for those cabins plus the infinite ones and some smaller Aurea ones were far higher than they're today just a week ago for many, if not most sailings already on sale. Me thinks that they may have a large inventory of those for out of peak season sailings, hence the nice promotions.

I think World Promenade is on deck 8 (please correct me if I am wrong).

The Aurea Premium Suites are on deck 11 and 16 , deck 11 would be for me too close to the action on World Promenade. Events with music and lights are maybe fun to watch but I (we) prefer a quiet location on a cruise ship.

* off-topic *
MSC World Europa has no deck 13 .. the number 13 is the unlucky number in some countries, like number 17 is unlucky number in Italy.

Edited by SirWolf