Celebrity St Lucia "Coastal Cruise to Pitons Tour" 4 hour..

Bluemoose

has anyone been on Celebrity's "Coastal Cruise to Pitons Tour" ?  we're wondering, how big of a boat do they use, number of people on board, etc ?   your thoughts and experiences, appreciated,   thanks

We did this a few years ago and loved it. No muss, no fuss for us and lovely views of the coast and Pitons. Lots of rum punch and we got a stop at the beach on Marigot Bay for a swim. It was a large catamaran, but I have no idea of how many people. It was not crowded but it was pretty full. 

• Thanks 1

We did this tour in February. It was a great tour with fantastic scenery, fun & professional crew & rum punch/sodas. We stopped in a bay along the way for swimming although the cat didn’t pull right up to the beach so if someone doesn’t want to swim or get wet, you’re stuck on the cat with no option to walk on the beach.  I’m not sure if it’s always done this way. It may have just been the bay we were in. The cat was larger than we prefer with about 75 people over two decks. It was full but not crowded. The front of the lower deck was solid for walking or sitting but we prefer the open mesh/webbed style for skimming over the water. Friends did the “West Coast Treasures” tour which was a full day & in addition to the Pitons, they went north & did a short hike in a park & had lunch. They had the smaller cat style that we like. 

21 hours ago, sun bum said:

We have been to St Lucia about 7-8 times. We always take an excursion to see the Pitons. Stopped at a black sand beach and cruised up into Marigot Bay. One of our favorite excursions!

DSCF4892.JPG

DSCF4886.JPG

DSCF4857.JPG

did you always use the ship tour, or is there a private similar tour ?

On 11/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, Bluemoose said:

has anyone been on Celebrity's "Coastal Cruise to Pitons Tour" ?  we're wondering, how big of a boat do they use, number of people on board, etc ?   your thoughts and experiences, appreciated,   thanks

Yes I've done it 2x with Celebrity.  Once last November however the boat they put too many guests on the boat was very crowded and seating not comfortable but it was a nice excursion. They only serve sodas beer and rum punch return was at 2 pm and everyone hungry. This past September I did it again with a drive by Marigot Bay and 2 Beach stops where we swam for about 40 minutes. Enjoyed it. Just don't expect any foid onboard.  Fewer people on the catamaran this time I think under 100.