Princess Newbie

chipmeister

Hi all. We're experinced cruisers but are doing our first Princess cruise in March. Running in to all kinds of questions, mainly regarding the Medallion App. As I understand, they are recently going all in on pushing many functions off on to it. Have a few questions I'm having a hard time finding answers to and hope some of you all have some insight. Here we go:

1) Dining. Is there any way at all to set it up on the website or is it all on the app? Gonna be a bit of a problem for my older mother who lives out of town and will

probably have big time technology issues here.

2) As far as dining, is everything My Way now. We are traditional dining types and I have seen on several web pages that the have set times (early, main and late)

but is that a function of My Way and needs to be set up through that?

3)  How soon can you set up dining? I have seen some places say as soon as you are paid in full, and others say that, but no sooner than 60 days.

4) We have my mom in her own cabin and her booking is (supposedly) linked with ours. Is there some place on the website that shows that and allows us to,

for example, book shore excursions, set up dining, etc. We can't find this anywhere. We are used to being able to fully manage this on the cruise line website but

can't find any indication we are even linked.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Hi,  welcome to Princess!

1) Not sure, but, you can always log your mom into the app on your phone to, before you board, if necessary to set up anything necessary.

2) You should be able to book Dine My Way once final payment is made. On the app, under dining, (with you logged in) you can put your mom's booking number in and then choose to sit with her, You can then choose  a dining time and dining room. You can choose the same time every night or change it based on your activities for the day.

3) Should be at final payment

4) OK,  with the booking numbers linked she should show up under "travel companions". (If not, you can add her) As for shore excursions, which you can book through the website's cruise personalizer, each cabin still needs to book them separately under their own booking number. Then again, even with 2 people in the same cabin you need to choose who you are booking the excursions for in case parties do  separate excursions.

One thing of note, once on the ship you can locate each other. You are automatically able to locate your cabin  mate, however, unless the other cabin linked to you has minors staying in it, people from other cabins need to approve  to share their location with you.

1 hour ago, chipmeister said:

Hi all. We're experinced cruisers but are doing our first Princess cruise in March. Running in to all kinds of questions, mainly regarding the Medallion App. As I understand, they are recently going all in on pushing many functions off on to it. Have a few questions I'm having a hard time finding answers to and hope some of you all have some insight. Here we go:

1) Dining. Is there any way at all to set it up on the website or is it all on the app? Gonna be a bit of a problem for my older mother who lives out of town and will

probably have big time technology issues here.

2) As far as dining, is everything My Way now. We are traditional dining types and I have seen on several web pages that the have set times (early, main and late)

but is that a function of My Way and needs to be set up through that?

3)  How soon can you set up dining? I have seen some places say as soon as you are paid in full, and others say that, but no sooner than 60 days.

4) We have my mom in her own cabin and her booking is (supposedly) linked with ours. Is there some place on the website that shows that and allows us to,

for example, book shore excursions, set up dining, etc. We can't find this anywhere. We are used to being able to fully manage this on the cruise line website but

can't find any indication we are even linked.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Sounds like you are going with you mom so, add her as a travel companion in your app using her booking number.  After that, you should be able to book her with you for diming reservations.  If you are Elite, you can book your reservations as soon as you book.  If not, you can book as soon as you are paid in full.  This is all on the app.  
if she wants something separate from what you are doing, you can set her up on the app with her own login and password.  You can go back and forth between your and her booking if you need to.  We go with our neighbor’s elderly mom and have not had any Problems yet.   

• Like 1

Welcome to the Princess forum!  I just very recently helped a first-time cruising couple (in-laws) by setting up their Princess login account (hence I knew their credentials) and this let me do pretty much everything "as them".  I set up all of the dining (make sure that the bookings are actually linked) as myself under my account.  Bookings have to be linked to do this.  If you start down the path of booking dining and your travel companion(s) show up with check boxes beside them then you are linked and can now add them to your dining reservation.

Regarding excursions...since I was able to log in "as him" I was able to book any/all excursions needed.  You'll still have to supply a credit card...I just used mine and we settled up later.

Hope this helps!

Hah! I see @Cruise Raiderjust beat me to the idea of setting up their login account.  It works great.  Just be careful and take note of the email(s) you supply...it may want to default to *your* email.  (I *think* it may grab that from a stored cookie.)

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

Yes, you can book dining online rather than on the app. If you go to the Personalizer there is a thing where it says don't have a smart phone click on the website link. Look under "booked guests"

Check-In With the MedallionClass™ App

Princess MedallionClass

Download the MedallionClass™ app

Download the MedallionClass app from Apple's App store    Download MedallionClass app from Google Play store

Don't have a compatible device? Try our web version(opens in a new window)