Kids in Separate Bookings

ManImBored

I have a situation that we haven't experienced before but I know isn't unique, just not sure what to do. My wife, two kids, and I are cruising next week. To get the best value we booked two rooms on two different bookings. Her and our son in one booking, I and our daughter in the other. 

We have separate room numbers and separate booking numbers. At one of the stops my wife and my daughter are going on an excursion and my son and I are staying on. How does Carnival handle this? According to my booking they know nothing about my wife and son in the other room. When they scan my daughters sign and sail card and see its not me trying to take her off, how will they see that? 

I am sure there is a simple solution we just haven't dealt with this scenario yet. 

You should be able to link the bookings (were these booked together?). We have done this 2x this year, my oldest child and myself in one room, and my wife and youngest in another room next door. Never had an issue linking them together (you can do this on the website if you don't see them linked already even though they should be). I was able to buy excursions for just some of us (my wife and teenager did a tour on-shore - each in different rooms).  We had separate booking numbers. 

40 minutes ago, ManImBored said:

They were done under separate accounts. She used an offer on her log-in to book her room and then she used my log-in to book an offer under mine. So I haven't see a way to link them. 

I was able to link my sister’s and brother’s booking to mine.  In the booking and order detail page, toward the bottom of the page, there will a section for cruise companions.  Right under that there is a section that states missing someone?  Invite them to be your cruise companion.  You can enter any person’s email address and it will invite them to be your cruise companion.

Missing Someone? Invite them to be your Cruise Companion!

EMAIL ADDRESS

Edited by DanvilleCruiser

37 minutes ago, DanvilleCruiser said:

I was able to link my sister’s and brother’s booking to mine.  In the booking and order detail page, toward the bottom of the page, there will a section for cruise companions.  Right under that there is a section that states missing someone?  Invite them to be your cruise companion.  You can enter any person’s email address and it will invite them to be your cruise companion.

Missing Someone? Invite them to be your Cruise Companion!

EMAIL ADDRESS

Linking the accounts will allow for booking excursions, but what about the parent in one cabin taking the child staying in the other off ship? 

18 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Linking the accounts will allow for booking excursions, but what about the parent in one cabin taking the child staying in the other off ship? 

This is what I’m wondering about. We are linked as far as companions but I think that just lets us eat together and book excursions together. The issue of my wife and daughter getting off together is what I’m trying to figure out. 

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

No one cares what child leaves with who.  They are only scanning to keep track of who is off the ship.  The only "beep" would be someone trying to get off while owing money to Guest Services.  

4 hours ago, ManImBored said:

I have a situation that we haven't experienced before but I know isn't unique, just not sure what to do. My wife, two kids, and I are cruising next week. To get the best value we booked two rooms on two different bookings. Her and our son in one booking, I and our daughter in the other. 

We have separate room numbers and separate booking numbers. At one of the stops my wife and my daughter are going on an excursion and my son and I are staying on. How does Carnival handle this? According to my booking they know nothing about my wife and son in the other room. When they scan my daughters sign and sail card and see its not me trying to , take her off, how will they see that? 

I am sure there is a simple solution we just haven't dealt with this scenario yet. 

Your kids can leave with anyone, you, your spouse, me, that guy, a new buddy, etc.  

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Hopefully everyone has passports/ID in case of questions.  If concerned I would explain the situation to guest services and then Enjoy!  

There are no questions.  They would need to question every shorty leaving the ship, They scan to see identity, nothing else.  The screen simply shows your picture and identification, not your cabin, not your traveling party. Now, if a child does not return, they would investigate and know who exited the ship at the same time.  

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

There are no questions.  They would need to question every shorty leaving the ship, They scan to see identity, nothing else.  The screen simply shows your picture and identification, not your cabin, not your traveling party. Now, if a child does not return, they would investigate and know who exited the ship at the same time.  

See post #9.  

22 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Why would the cruise line care if a child was getting off with just one parent? We’ve cruised with out 5 kids and split up, they don’t make everyone get off of the ship together.

I agree and think the OP's concern is that the pair going on one excursion is under separate cabin bookings.  I am among those that don't think there will be an issue, which I think is just about everyone.  If it is causing the OP unnecessary worry, it is easy enough to confirm.  

34 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I agree and think the OP's concern is that the pair going on one excursion is under separate cabin bookings.  I am among those that don't think there will be an issue, which I think is just about everyone.  If it is causing the OP unnecessary worry, it is easy enough to confirm.  

I'm not worried, per se. Just wondering if it was an issue really. I didn't want the line to get held up or there be issues trying to leave the ship for the two of them. 

If everyone is saying it is not a problem, then I am cool with that. We have just never experienced doing it this way before and it was a question that popped up between the wife and I the other night while we were getting things ready. 

• Like 1

If I were you, I would go to Guest Services with the other parent immediately after boarding just to make sure.  You don't want to miss your excursion because you ran into problems in the disembarkation line.

As an alternative, have the other parent come with you as you leave the ship for the excursion.  If necessary, she can disembark with the child, and then turn right around and get back on the ship.

• Like 1