Vista suite size

mertziek

3 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

No passengers have boarded the ship yet and will not until later next year so you will not be able to get an answer at this moment

I think you misunderstood (easy to do when two things have the same name)...the OP is asking about VS-category on Riviera, not suites on the new ship, "Vista".

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I think you misunderstood (easy to do when two things have the same name)...the OP is asking about VS-category on Riviera, not suites on the new ship, "Vista".

That’s correct.  I’m wondering about Vista suites on Oceania Riviera.

This is the Marina but the Riviera is exactly the same layout.  We've been on deck 8 port and starboard side on both ships, and that is our preferred deck.  As you can see the outside balconies on 9 and 10 have more space as they go around to the side, which if you like being out there while underway may give you a bit more shelter from the wind.  The trade off with the larger balcony is a slightly smaller inside space and slightly different layouts.  The round window to the right of the photo is the window in the master ensuite bathroom, so that gives you an idea of how much more balcony space you have around to the side.  image.thumb.jpeg.d6314fc830e6e258f1a492647985c6f3.jpeg

Edited by Segmentersfloattheboat

1 hour ago, Segmentersfloattheboat said:

This is the Marina but the Riviera is exactly the same layout.  We've been on deck 8 port and starboard side on both ships, and that is our preferred deck.  As you can see the outside balconies on 9 and 10 have more space as they go around to the side, which if you like being out there while underway may give you a bit more shelter from the wind.  The trade off with the larger balcony is a slightly smaller inside space and slightly different layouts.  The round window to the right of the photo is the window in the master ensuite bathroom, so that gives you an idea of how much more balcony space you have around to the side.  image.thumb.jpeg.d6314fc830e6e258f1a492647985c6f3.jpeg

Thanks very much.

I have a couple of questions about the Vista suites.

First, is there anyplace online where the actual layout of the Vista suite on each different deck is displayed?

Also, notice on the photo, counting over from that round window on each Vista deck... it seems that on the upper two decks, there is an additional small window on the most center part of the forward wall, before the divider between the balconies of the Vista and the cabin next to it (one of the smaller cabins - and "IF ONLY" there were PH suites forward facing...! Sigh...).

What does that extra window (if it's accurate) represent in terms of inside space?

It looks like there is more "blank forward wall space" in that area on the lowest deck Vista?  If so, does that affect the view forward?  It's that view that would be the most important part to us, rather than some of the extra inside space (especially inside space without a forward view 😉 ). 

And what is the "thing" that appears to be some sort of dark brown structure on the balcony on deck 9, just next to the TV (?).  It looks sort of like an ornate bed headboard...!?

Many thanks!

GC

Haha the dark brown head board is my DW blanked out!!! She is on deck 8.  From memory I think only deck 8 has the “smaller verandah” cabins in between the two vista suites.  We didn’t hear any noise coming through, the connecting  door  is by the dining table in that Vista Suite.  We also had a look at deck 9 and that suite had pillars right in the middle of the living room behind the console table.  That’s one of the reasons we prefer deck 8 - no pillars.  

We’ve also been in deck 12 (for a visit) and that I think is the smallest indoor space with the largest balcony - quite a good bit of balcony around the side with ample room for table and chairs and loungers. You do have a great view from inside the suite but you have got the solid rail on all the front vistas, so best view always you have to go outside.  And stand! Actually the solid rail cut the wind down when using the loungers whilst underway. I will look out some more photos and post them.  

My opinion of the Vista Suite after sailing in it in September aboard the Marina.  Easy opinion -- NEVER again. Hard to complain when sailing in this suite, right?  You are asking about the balcony. My response is the balcony can be as big as you want it, but what good is that if you can hardly ever use it?

Granted we were sailing Baltic in September, but the way Oceania's itineraries are so port intensive you can assume you will not use the balcony during the day when you are in port.  Then, when you return to the ship you can use the balcony, just not the furniture as everything is tied up.

It was disappointing to have paid a nice amount of money for the cabin and balcony but not getting to use the balcony.  On sea days, the furniture is tied up while sailing so again, cannot use the furniture.

Stick to the Oceania Suites, the cabin space actually seemed to be more in the Oceania Suite although it really isn't. The closet in the Oceania Suite is larger. The exercise room in the Vista Suite is a waste of space.

The ONLY two positives of the Vista Suite over the Oceania Suite in my opinion:

1.  Use can look out the window from the bathroom

2.  You can watch a TV in the living/dining area of the Vista Suite, while you must go to the "TV" room in the Oceania Suite

21 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

My opinion of the Vista Suite after sailing in it in September aboard the Marina.  Easy opinion -- NEVER again. Hard to complain when sailing in this suite, right?  You are asking about the balcony. My response is the balcony can be as big as you want it, but what good is that if you can hardly ever use it?

Granted we were sailing Baltic in September, but the way Oceania's itineraries are so port intensive you can assume you will not use the balcony during the day when you are in port.  Then, when you return to the ship you can use the balcony, just not the furniture as everything is tied up.

It was disappointing to have paid a nice amount of money for the cabin and balcony but not getting to use the balcony.  On sea days, the furniture is tied up while sailing so again, cannot use the furniture.

Stick to the Oceania Suites, the cabin space actually seemed to be more in the Oceania Suite although it really isn't. The closet in the Oceania Suite is larger. The exercise room in the Vista Suite is a waste of space.

The ONLY two positives of the Vista Suite over the Oceania Suite in my opinion:

1.  Use can look out the window from the bathroom

2.  You can watch a TV in the living/dining area of the Vista Suite, while you must go to the "TV" room in the Oceania Suite

I think they are changing the TV in the OC    in the updates. I believe it will now be in the living room area. 

• Like 2