$50 excursion credit

ziggyuk

For our upcoming cruise we have the option to book an ship to airport transfer on our return, we have always done our own thing before.

Will the $50 FAS excursion credit apply to this?
The reason I ask is that in the med our friends took the shuttle into town mid cruise and paid with their cruise card as they got on the bus, we just took a taxi, the following day our friends got a refund for one of the tickets as part of the FAS $50 perk.
As we have paid extra for the FAS+ we would both get the credit and have free transfers if it applies.

Normally we would just grab a cab so I am interested to know other peoples experience booking a transfer.

I believe someone recently posted the T&Cs of the Shore Excursion credit and it did not include an end of the cruise transfer to the airport. When I was on the Escape in February, we ended up taking the NCL transfer back to Orlando and did not get the credit. Best to check with the Shore Excursion or Guest Services desk once on the ship to find out for sure.

• Thanks 1

After disembarking our August cruise we did a half day tour that dropped us off at the airport and we were able to use our excursion credit for that. Had we booked just the transfer we wouldn't have been able to use it. It might be worth checking out a disembarking tour if you have enough time before your flight. It actually worked out cheaper for us than transfers but our flight wasn't until early evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

After disembarking our August cruise we did a half day tour that dropped us off at the airport and we were able to use our excursion credit for that. Had we booked just the transfer we wouldn't have been able to use it. It might be worth checking out a disembarking tour if you have enough time before your flight. It actually worked out cheaper for us than transfers but our flight wasn't until early evening.

I have done this same thing for an upcoming cruise.That is the only way to use the $50 for the way back to the airport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

For our upcoming cruise we have the option to book an ship to airport transfer on our return, we have always done our own thing before.

Normally we would just grab a cab so I am interested to know other peoples experience booking a transfer.

The shore excursion credit is only valid if you do a post-cruise shore excursion ending at the airport. In many disembarkation ports, a taxi would be the most economical way to get to the airport. 

• Thanks 2

it actually does make sense that a disembarking TOUR to an airport would qualify while a mere transfer to an airport would not. 

One of our best ever cruise line excursions happened to be a disembarking tour. It was through Princess from Dover to Heathrow airport and included a walk in Dover and then Canterbury.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, that covers it well, a cab it is..

1 hour ago, Cruise-mom said:

It might be worth checking out a disembarking tour if you have enough time before your flight.

Thanks, there is one but unfortunatly we wont have enough time for it.