Wonder/Symphony queries

seb530

Hi all, new to RCL previously with Princess/P&O and a few questions from me and looking for some of your expert knowledge.

We are looking to book Back to Back cruises for Jan 2024 ish on Wonder of the Seas from florida likely sailing 7th followed by 14th.
We really want to try a BIG ship but icon seems a bit too family orientated for us.

•  there doesnt seem to be much in the way of "Black Friday" discounts.  More a statement than observation but saving on £5k of booking per cabin is only £260.
  • there seems to be little availability which i  found surprising given we are a year + out and it looks like the same cabins seem to be available on many of the sailings which is a bit of an orange flag as to why: 

- 7564/7566 (these seem ok not sure)
- 9126/9128 & 8126/8128 (these are at front of ship and i cant work out balcony arrangement, can anyone enlighten?)
I cant work out if this is truly whats available or whether some are retained by TAs etc?

• CocoCay - does anyone know pricing of waterpark?

Our other potential consideration is switching to Symphony of the Seas for approx £700 less per cabin.  Are these ships virtually identical despite the age gap?

Any help appreciated

All of my booked cruises are higher not lower though I got a couple of planner discounts.

As far as the prices of the private areas at coco cay. I have screen shots of the black friday discount for my oasis. I only have coco cay booked once. Your price will be higher than black friday unless you get a good deal sale.. prices fluctuate. 

I'm going to try the free food which I hear is good. Havent been there in years. The beach club is the part with the included restaurant with filet and lobster. Still pricey. 

20221117_235527902.jpeg

20221118_000915819.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Icon will be no more family oriented than any Oasis/Anthem ship is. 

Pretty sure they're promoting it as 100% more family and child oriented than any of their other ships with that huge waterpark/beach area and the surfside neighborhood concept. They've essentially split the ship in two- the front of the ship is for adults (serenity, etc) and entertainment, the back and deck areas for families and children

1 minute ago, notscb said:

Pretty sure they're promoting it as 100% more family and child oriented than any of their other ships with that huge waterpark/beach area and the surfside neighborhood concept. They've essentially split the ship in two- the front of the ship is for adults (serenity, etc) and entertainment, the back and deck areas for families and children

Exactly. They're splitting it up with communities. If you don't want the family/kid side of it, there's plenty of space to be just an adult. Unlike other ships where it blends together.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you don't want the family/kid side of it, there's plenty of space to be just an adult.

Sure, but when you look at the marketing of it and the defining "feature" of it, it's very clear who that ship is being designed for. Most of the available open top deck space is very clearly designed for families and children.

But to OP's statement- Symphony of the Seas for approx £700 less per cabin. If that were true, their budget would be so much leftover for waterpark and excursions that I would really go that route over any of the other ships.

16 hours ago, seb530 said:

Our other potential consideration is switching to Symphony of the Seas for approx £700 less per cabin.  Are these ships virtually identical despite the age gap?

There are some minor differences but very unlikely to warrant the "new ship" premium. For better discounts and possibility of price drops, book with a US TA.