princess plus question

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am pretty sure that if the two people are on the same booking, they will both have to be on the plus package.

Thank you.

When I did the 4 cruises back to back in August, we did 2 cruises with princess plus and 2 without. My mum doesn't use the wifi and doesn't drink much.

I'm thinking of treating her to a couple of cruises and was hoping to save the extra dollars on the package. 

1 minute ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Thank you.

When I did the 4 cruises back to back in August, we did 2 cruises with princess plus and 2 without. My mum doesn't use the wifi and doesn't drink much.

I'm thinking of treating her to a couple of cruises and was hoping to save the extra dollars on the package. 

I suggest you do some sums and work out whether or not it would be cost effective for you to book the Plus fares. Consider if it would be better for you to pay for drinks as you go and pay the daily rate for the internet. Are you platinum or elite? If so you get 50% discount on the internet charge. You could easily work out what the daily 'saving' would be to book the Saver fare.

Thank you Aus traveller.

My mum is elite and I used that to get 50 percent off the wifi last time. I don't drink a lot and to be honest it is probably better to go without the package and take two bottles of wine per cruise and pay as I order. I have a 13 day cruise booked with the package, going on my own. I'm going to book the 13 day and 6 day cruise before that and was thinking, do the first one with a package and the one in the middle without. There is such thing as getting fed up with too many drinking days. I'm going to ask my mum is she wants to join me for the first two cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just heard back from my princess agent and she said you can do the package for one person only.

I will just pay for my mums drinks if she has any.

Don't get mixed up between the Plus Fare and Plus Drinks Package. Make sure you and your Princess agent are talking about the same thing.

The fare is usually $50pp per day extra and also includes internet. Usually both people on a booking have to have the same fare type. I can't see any way you could have two different fare types on one booking.

The drinks package is $86.99pp per day and can be bought for just one person.

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't get mixed up between the Plus Fare and Plus Drinks Package. Make sure you and your Princess agent are talking about the same thing.

The fare is usually $50pp per day extra and also includes internet. Usually both people on a booking have to have the same fare type. I can't see any way you could have two different fare types on one booking.

Correct, and when purchased away from the fare, the drink package doesn't include internet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, its the $50.00 AUS per day princess plus, drinks and wifi.

I have booked it, on a waitlist for one of the cruises.

• Like 1

Waitlisted for 13 nights, 2 people, one person with the princess plus.

Booked and paid for 6 nights, 2 people no princess plus (will use mums elite for 50 percent off the wifi and will enjoy a break from drinking, maybe drink the allowed 2 bottles per cabin of wine)

Booked and paid for (a couple of weeks ago) 13 nights by myself with the princess plus

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Booked and paid for 6 nights, 2 people no princess plus (will use mums elite for 50 percent off the wifi and will enjoy a break from drinking, maybe drink the allowed 2 bottles per cabin of wine)

Booked and paid for (a couple of weeks ago) 13 nights by myself with the princess plus

I guess it isn't possible to split the fare types if booking online, but nice to know it is possible via T/A.

I should try booking me on the Plus and Barb without. That will go down well 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I guess it isn't possible to split the fare types if booking online, but nice to know it is possible via T/A.

I should try booking me on the Plus and Barb without. That will go down well 🤣

I can picture her face if you did.

We just use the Princess cruises rep, I prefer to do it all on the phone, much easier.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

That's good to hear that agents can arrange the different fares. I know some people will find that very useful.

It sounds like you're as addicted to cruising as we are!🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

You can take some extra bottles of wine and pay the $15 corkage. That is a lot cheaper than paying $47++ for the wine on board. You probably know that after you have paid the corkage, you can take that bottle to the dining room without extra charge. 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You can take some extra bottles of wine and pay the $15 corkage. That is a lot cheaper than paying $47++ for the wine on board. You probably know that after you have paid the corkage, you can take that bottle to the dining room without extra charge. 🙂

Thank you. And the wine will be better.

58 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's good to hear that agents can arrange the different fares. I know some people will find that very useful.

It sounds like you're as addicted to cruising as we are!🤣

I just love holidays. Cruising is super cheap when you compare to land holidays, food and drink and entertainment included. Okay, an expensive (over December and January ) airfare. Only drawback are the small rooms. I'm hoping to take nine weeks in england/europe in our winter, land based with a couple of cruises thrown in.

54 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I just love holidays. Cruising is super cheap when you compare to land holidays, food and drink and entertainment included. Okay, an expensive (over December and January ) airfare. Only drawback are the small rooms. I'm hoping to take nine weeks in england/europe in our winter, land based with a couple of cruises thrown in.

Cruising is also excellent value for money and is a complete holiday - no cooking, no cleaning, no grocery shopping, just pure relaxation. And no worries about having to get an Uber home after a few drinks with dinner. 😊

We've had some wonderful European and UK trips in the past. We're getting a bit past doing the long flights now, unless we win lotto and can go business class! 

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Cruising is also excellent value for money and is a complete holiday - no cooking, no cleaning, no grocery shopping, just pure relaxation. And no worries about having to get an Uber home after a few drinks with dinner. 😊

We've had some wonderful European and UK trips in the past. We're getting a bit past doing the long flights now, unless we win lotto and can go business class! 

I can still handle the long haul flights. My mum wont go long haul anymore.

I wouldn't dream of cooking, cleaning or grocery shopping on a land based holiday either.