NCL cruise sail at 12/02/2022, Now I got Covid and tested postive , If I dont go, will I get full FCC?

StanleyFrank

Hi, Everybody,

I have a question here. If I dont go, what will happen to my roommate , who I never met before, he is my friend's friend and we have total around 12 people go on this cruise.

Also what is the procedure to get FCC if I dont go or no show? If I call NCL reservation line, will they cancel the whole reservation?

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, StanleyFrank said:

Hi, Everybody,

I have a question here. If I dont go, what will happen to my roommate , who I never met before, he is my friend's friend and we have total around 12 people go on this cruise.

Also what is the procedure to get FCC if I dont go or no show? If I call NCL reservation line, will they cancel the whole reservation?

Thanks in advance

Just remember, to make any kind of claim, you need to provide proof of a positive test from an independent test center. If it is not one of the NCL approved test centers, the report needs to have information required by NCL from an accredited test facility, and NCL will make the determination on whether to accept the report. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just remember, to make any kind of claim, you need to provide proof of a positive test from an independent test center. If it is not one of the NCL approved test centers, the report needs to have information required by NCL from an accredited test facility, and NCL will make the determination on whether to accept the report. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery for your own health and safety, to avoid the headaches of claim and refund, and to be able safely and happily cruise in 11 days! Best to you!

On 11/22/2022 at 3:41 PM, StanleyFrank said:

Hi, Everybody,

Thanks in advance

In order for you to get FCC you both must not sail. They assume since you booked as two you that you would have been in close contact.

Be careful. I just got off a ship last week and heard horror stories. It appears there are certain tests they will accept that are not administered by them. The one you will need is the molecular one.

They also may make you take one at the pier to see if you are positive 

With a roommate, you are screwed.

They also might tell you to use the travel insurance first.

Lastly, they don't care anymore. They actually didn't even ask about Covid. 

• Like 1

First off we had this happen for our Alaska cruise in Oct.  My sister got Covid and documented it on a proctored test about 5 days before our cruise.  She contacted her physician who told her she was not well enough to travel until well beyond boarding day with a letter stating the same.  We thought about canceling her in advance but then she would become Passenger 3 not 2 on a two bedroom cabin reservation with 3 in it and not recoup the full amount she paid for the cruise.  Plus this late NCL will not refund you.  After talking to the ncl provided insurance agent, we left everything as it was on the outside chance she would be able to travel - she couldn’t - and I notified NCL at embarkation she was not able to travel and she was canceled then.  Passengers #1 (me) and #3 (another sister) did the cruise with no extra charges to us.  After I returned from the cruise we gathered all documentation - proctored Covid test result, doctor statement about her inability to travel, the guest reservation document with cruise charges per passenger and our itinerary, copies of all credit card statements with payments made matching charges on the final guest reservation and submitted it all to the NCL insurance provider.  My sister received a check - that’s right, a cash refund not FCC - for the full amount she paid as Passenger #2 minus the insurance charges within 2 weeks of submitting her claim.  Now that was much quicker than I expected since I recently waited two months for a medical claim I previously submitted.  So if you have the NCL insurance, don’t cancel until embarkation and your roommate should be ok and not pay a single supplement and then proceed to file with your insurance carrier.  Look at your Covid as if you had a major health issue like an MI on embarkation day and go from there BUT the doctor’s statement is very important to have for your documentation.

If you call NCL, they will cancel just you with a penalty and then might bill your roommate for the single supplement.  It’s really best to cancel the day of embarkation IF you have insurance.

Edited by mertziek

8 minutes ago, mertziek said:

First off we had this happen for our Alaska cruise in Oct.  My sister got Covid and documented it on a proctored test about 5 days before our cruise.  She contacted her physician who told her she was not well enough to travel until well beyond boarding day with a letter stating the same.  We thought about canceling her in advance but then she would become Passenger 3 not 2 on a two bedroom cabin reservation with 3 in it and not recoup the full amount she paid for the cruise.  Plus this late NCL will not refund you.  After talking to the ncl provided insurance agent, we left everything as it was on the outside chance she would be able to travel - she couldn’t - and I notified NCL at embarkation she was not able to travel and she was canceled then.  Passengers #1 (me) and #3 (another sister) did the cruise with no extra charges to us.  After I returned from the cruise we gathered all documentation - proctored Covid test result, doctor statement about her inability to travel, the guest reservation document with cruise charges per passenger and our itinerary, copies of all credit card statements with payments made matching charges on the final guest reservation and submitted it all to the NCL insurance provider.  My sister received a check - that’s right, a cash refund not FCC - for the full amount she paid as Passenger #2 minus the insurance charges within 2 weeks of submitting her claim.  Now that was much quicker than I expected since I recently waited two months for a medical claim I previously submitted.  So if you have the NCL insurance, don’t cancel until embarkation and your roommate should be ok and not pay a single supplement and then proceed to file with your insurance carrier.  Look at your Covid as if you had a major health issue like an MI on embarkation day and go from there BUT the doctor’s statement is very important to have for your documentation.

If you call NCL, they will cancel just you with a penalty and then might bill your roommate for the single supplement.  It’s really best to cancel the day of embarkation IF you have insurance.

They sail in 8 days so 100% penalty. You were unique as you had 3 people.

The single supplement would be in play for OP.

I get the feeling OP just doesn't want to go because it was 12 days out.  Who wouldn't want to take a cruise. I would test everyday till I got a negative. Two days before I would be concerned.

If the fare is paid, then you’re past the refund period.  So, best bet is to test every day until or if you are negative.  If you test negative and you still don’t go, you lose your part of the fare.  It won’t affect your cruise partner.  They’ll just cruise in the cabin as a solo.