Problem with itinerary change on Explorer of the Seas

virgin12

Currently we are having major issues with Royal not living up to promises  made when they had to make changes to Explorer of the Seas itinerary originally scheduled for Nov 30th 2023. They sent out an email back in September of this year giving options for changes -- changing from originally planned

11 minutes ago, virgin12 said:

Currently we are having major issues with Royal not living up to promises  made when they had to make changes to Explorer of the Seas itinerary originally scheduled for Nov 30th 2023. They sent out an email back in September of this year giving options for changes -- changing from originally planned

What are you looking for us to say?  Did the email give you a time frame during which to make changes?  

Continuing -- the options included changing to a 7 night Western Car. on Dec 1st 2023, a 7 night Eastern Car. on Dec 8th or a 9 night Eastern Car on Dec 15th. I called right after we received the email to change to the 9 night ( at same rate and cabin  we booked  originally for our 9 night). They sent out 

a confirmation of the change (Cruise Vacation Receipt) and I thought everything was taken care of -- until I looked online and saw they showed us on the 7 night Western , After 3 emails to their customer service I finally got a reply telling me that we were on the Western for 7 nights .

So tonight after an hour and 45 minutes on a call I was finally able to them to make the correction at the same price etc. 

Has anyone had similar issues ? 

7 minutes ago, virgin12 said:

Continuing -- the options included changing to a 7 night Western Car. on Dec 1st 2023, a 7 night Eastern Car. on Dec 8th or a 9 night Eastern Car on Dec 15th. I called right after we received the email to change to the 9 night ( at same rate and cabin  we booked  originally for our 9 night). They sent out 

a confirmation of the change (Cruise Vacation Receipt) and I thought everything was taken care of -- until I looked online and saw they showed us on the 7 night Western , After 3 emails to their customer service I finally got a reply telling me that we were on the Western for 7 nights .

So tonight after an hour and 45 minutes on a call I was finally able to them to make the correction at the same price etc. 

Sorry. No, never had that problem. 

6 minutes ago, virgin12 said:

Yes.  Their poorly worded letter (well it is RCI after all) appeared to indicate that if we did nothing they would automatically cancel the original booking and refund us, but I also found that we had instead been moved to the new shorter cruise - automatically.  My agent called and the RCI rep initially said that wasn't what the letter meant and we would be penalized for canceling the new booking.  He finally told my agent that "he'd make an exception in this case" and refunded all my money.

Celebrity did this to us as well automatically switching to a different cruise. They  changedour BCN to VCE cruise to end in Ravenna, dropped a day, dropped a port, Kotor, and then had the gaul to say there was no price change. Not even for the port charges. Didn't work for us as one of our party uses a wheelchair and Ravenna to VCE airport was out of the question. After escalating got the cruise canceled and even our NRDs back.

1 hour ago, virgin12 said:

So you got what you wanted in the end and now you expect what? For folks to tell you it happened to them as well - what will that accomplish? Yes, it happens, but it's probably quite rare. The takeaway is that you should not leave things to chance and don't use email, call - otherwise, just move on.

• Like 1

Something similar happened. I had a cruise booked for March 2023 on Navigator. Eventually I noticed that it had disappeared from the RCI website. I called RCI to inquire and was told an email had been sent to me that it had been chartered and I missed the deadline to rebook. They were extremely helpful and rebooked it for January 2023 and price protected my booking even getting my same OS cabin. So not everything turns out badly. Thanks RCI.