Rotterdam Hair Dryers

Charlene1985

Taking a Rotterdam cruise in January.  I have very thick, medium length hair I wash and dry daily.  Can anyone post a photo of the hair dryer?  Or drop a quick review of it?  A good vs bad hair dryer can mean the difference of 30 minutes. 😂

Currently booked in a Vista Suite if that makes a difference with the room amenities.  

Thanks!  

Just off Rotterdam last Sunday and the hair dryer was a brand I'm not familiar with, but it had a high and low setting and a button that needs to be held down for cool air.  It worked just fine for me, but I don't have thick hair.  To avoid having to pack one from home, this one should work for the majority of people even if it takes a few minutes longer to dry than your home model.

Have fun!!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

The name on the dryer is proVersa (made in Texas).   It comes with special plug that can only. be used in a special outlet (in my case, it's outside the bathroom, but is by a mirror).  It seems pretty simple, but does come with the cone to direct the airflow.  The lower speed is only medium heat, and the higher speed is hot.   It took me 10" to do my shorter hair (5 inches on top) this morning, and that was 30" after I showered.

The HAL hairdryer worked fine on my shoulder length fine frizzy hair. However, it isn’t my preference, I like the ones that are ionic which really help with frizzy hair.

Anyway, I would highly recommend not taking your own hairdryer.  On the Rotterdam in December and this was a Vista cabin, I blew the fuse three times using my own hairdryer. And when it happened, all the cabin outlets went out plus a bank of cabins next to us. I thought it was because I had other things plugged in but after the third time with wet hair and a bath robe on looking for our cabin steward to fix it, I gave up. 

I was recently on Rotterdam, and the dryer plug had to be hand-held into the special socket at the desk, or the chord would fall out of the socket. This was in a balcony cabin on deck 6

midship. For those who want to jump in here and tell me that I'm wrong, all I can say to that would be "That was MY experience with the dryer."