Single Malt Scotch?

teddie

I’ve become a singe malt scotch girl—just one every few days;  neat, thank you very much 😊.

We haven’t cruised for a good while and will be sailing on the Anthem. My preferences are Balvenie or Mcallan. Will I find either of those on board? And are top shelf liquor choices the same across all the RCI ships? If I use my Diamond voucher, will I just be charged the difference,  as I expect one scotch will cost more than $13? 

Thank you in advance. 

teddie

10 minutes ago, teddie said:

And are top shelf liquor choices the same across all the RCI ships?

If I use my Diamond voucher, will I just be charged the difference, as I expect one scotch will cost more than $14? 

Yes, most of the time (supply dependent).

Yes, diff+18%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teddie said:

I’ve become a singe malt scotch girl—just one every few days;  neat, thank you very much 😊.

We haven’t cruised for a good while and will be sailing on the Anthem. My preferences are Balvenie or Mcallan. Will I find either of those on board? And are top shelf liquor choices the same across all the RCI ships? If I use my Diamond voucher, will I just be charged the difference,  as I expect one scotch will cost more than $13? 

Thank you in advance. 

teddie

We were on Anthem in May and my hubby wasn't thrilled with the lack of/any decent malts although to be fair, there were still a lot of supply issues post-lockdown ... all of which created one very grumpy Scotsman !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, teddie said:

Thank you in advance. 

teddie

was just on the harmony and my drink of the week was a bulleit manhattan. Was never charged over the alloted $14 per drink so i doubt a maclellan which i believe was served in most bars to be over $14

6 minutes ago, allyfree said:

We were on Anthem in May and my hubby wasn't thrilled with the lack of/any decent malts although to be fair, there were still a lot of supply issues post-lockdown ... all of which created one very grumpy Scotsman !

Their Scotch selection is abysmal.  I have put it on every evaluation for the past two years.  It seems they have decided that their money is in mass-market well brands, and they simply don't carry any top shelf single malts.  😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Their Scotch selection is abysmal.  I have put it on every evaluation for the past two years.  It seems they have decided that their money is in mass-market well brands, and they simply don't carry any top shelf single malts.  😞

Uh oh. I can live with glenfiddich or a Canadian blended if I must. 

• Haha 1

Cruised on Oasis in April & Allure in Sept....   Looking back through our pics...

• Wild Turkey
  • Wild 101
  • Aberfeldy
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Chivas 12
  • Walker Black
  • Walker Double Black
  • Elijah Craig
  • Glenfiddish Select Cask (teal colored box, travel duty free exclusive)
  • Glenlivet - this was a single malt - light blue label
  • Dewars
  • Gentleman Jack
  • Woodford
  • Beam
  • Canadian Club
  • Makers
  • Balcones - both the bourbon and the rye
  • Jameson
  • Crown Royal - only on day 1 of the Oasis sailing & only in the bionic bar and then never again

2 hours ago, ghinderliter said:

Cruised on Oasis in April & Allure in Sept....   Looking back through our pics...

• Wild Turkey
  • Wild 101
  • Aberfeldy
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Chivas 12
  • Walker Black
  • Walker Double Black
  • Elijah Craig
  • Glenfiddish Select Cask (teal colored box, travel duty free exclusive)
  • Glenlivet - this was a single malt - light blue label
  • Dewars
  • Gentleman Jack
  • Woodford
  • Beam
  • Canadian Club
  • Makers
  • Balcones - both the bourbon and the rye
  • Jameson
  • Crown Royal - only on day 1 of the Oasis sailing & only in the bionic bar and then never again

Thank you--Glenlivet or Glenfiddich will work.  I'll have to try the Aberfeldy and from what I've read its on the more fruity side, which is good--not fond of the very peaty/smoky ones. 

Teddie