Bliss Crew Members

MtnGolf4

We are Cruising to the Mexican Riviera on the Bliss in November of 2023. We were on the Joy in January 2020, where the Crew added to our Cruising experience. From the time we boarded the Ship till the time we disembarked, the Crew was always happy, whether Entertaining, Serving or Cleaning. A reason why we chose to cruise NCL again. Is the Joyful Singing/ Washy Washy atmosphere in the Dinning areas the same throughout the NCL Fleet or was it just on the JOY ?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, MtnGolf4 said:

Is the Joyful Singing/ Washy Washy atmosphere in the Dinning areas the same throughout the NCL Fleet or was it just on the JOY ?

It's throughout the fleet.  Washy Washy songs are a Thing on every ship I've been on.  It's corny but how could you not like it.

As I'm told, NCL crew are specifically trained to be engaging to pax.  They'll always greet you as they pass by etc.  It's been that way as long as I've cruised them (11+ years now.)  Some other lines train their folks to be seen and not heard 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Thanks 1

we were on the bliss to alaska in july. there was a gentleman who's job it was to greet people into the buffet area. he was always singing, smiling etc.

i had to comment to him, that in my entire life, i have never met anyone who took so much joy and pride in their work, even if his job was just to greet people. after over 20 cruises with ncl, i have  never been  more impressed than i was with that individual.

he is a blessing and a godsend to the company (imho, ncl could use some more blessings, godsends, and more employees like him)!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MtnGolf4 said:

We are Cruising to the Mexican Riviera on the Bliss in November of 2023. We were on the Joy in January 2020, where the Crew added to our Cruising experience. From the time we boarded the Ship till the time we disembarked, the Crew was always happy, whether Entertaining, Serving or Cleaning. A reason why we chose to cruise NCL again. Is the Joyful Singing/ Washy Washy atmosphere in the Dinning areas the same throughout the NCL Fleet or was it just on the JOY ? Thanks

NCL does a good job with ensuring that their crew are always happy and friendly with dealing with passengers. No matter who you pass by, you get a "good morning" or "hello" and a smile regardless if you are in the hall, in public area, or down in the crew area. And regardless if you are passing a room steward or painter. It makes the cruise so much more enjoyable. 

We cruise a few times a year on NCL and a few times a year on Royal, and pre-pandemic, I would say that Royal crew members were the most unfriendly, unwelcoming service personnel you could ever meet. Even when we would initiate a greeting "Hi", "Good Morning", the crew would, at best grunt at us and normally just totally ignore us. It was consistent across ships, and there was always a stark difference as we moved between Royal and NCL. Royal has be a little better since restart. NCL trains their crew that outward facing interaction with the passengers is top priority. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

It’s like that on every line I’ve sailed on, nothing special on NCL

Wasn't my experience on my last RCL cruise in May.  Have never encountered such a miserable crew ever, from Officers to bartenders to room stewards. No smiles, no response to a Good Morning. But every time I was served a meal, I was asked to give them a 10 on the survey. I know some people are put off by the friendliness of NCL crew but they sure do make my day much more pleasant, especially as a solo traveler.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Have never had anything but a wonderful crew experience on ever NCL ship we've sailed.  The crews are a big part of the reasons we keep returning.  Love them all.  

Video from the Getaway a few years ago.  You'll notice one or two grumps walking past.  

Edited by roger001
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On the Bliss a few weeks ago. The crew was wonderful and the ladies who sing and bring pastry in the morning are a joy, the special treat they serve is really good as well. The dining room staff always let us change tables if we found one better and it was not a problem. We found the crew to be the best out of the lines we have sailed in the past year (6 cruises). The ship was sailing full at 100% so even with a full ship they did a good job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roger001 said:

Have never had anything but a wonderful crew experience on ever NCL ship we've sailed.  The crews are a big part of the reasons we keep returning.  Love them all.  

Video from the Getaway a few years ago.  You'll notice one or two grumps walking past.  

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!  Earlier I mentioned the 2 percenters.  Based on this sampling, I may have been WAY too low.  Why aren't more people just rolling around in this stuff having the time of their lives??  Do they think they'll have more fun on their six hour shore excursion looking at ancient rocks?

• Haha 1

why cant you have fun and enjoy doing both?  ancient ruins, temples, are still amazing that they're still standing.  ive mentioned before, i choose ncl primarily for it's itineraries. sometimes we're in ports that dont interest me, so i stay on board. we've differed in the past, and also agreed in the past. but why stay aboard and play bingo, when you can see the leaning tower of pisa, all the sights in rome, old castles and forts etc.

maybe you should venture out of steerage once in a while LOL!

25 minutes ago, complawyer said:

why cant you have fun and enjoy doing both? 

Did I suggest otherwise??

25 minutes ago, complawyer said:

maybe you should venture out of steerage once in a while LOL!

This is where you're wrong my friend.  Yes, I often (but not always) sleep and shower in steerage.  Why?  Because I spend all waking hours having all kinds of fun both on and off the ship and really couldn't care less what surrounds my bed at night.  It's not us steerage folks you're thinking of here.....

(disclaimer: I've slept in a balcony room my last three cruises, but mainly because they were dirt cheap😎)