Check your TK reservations. Seabourn deleted min

CLOU

5 hours ago, jondfk said:

I thought I was alone, clearly not.  All of mine on both booked voyages are gone.  Hopefully they will return soon.  It does give me second thoughts booking shorex worrying they could similarly disappear … along with my money.  

The whole problem doesn’t scream “luxury” by any means.

And, I think it is irresponsible of Seabourn not to contact each guest and let them know what has happened and assure them that they will correct things with no reservation lost.  I am beginning to doubt the ability of SB to carry on.  And it is a cruise line I have always enjoyed.  

• Like 1

Add us to the list of booked guests whose confirmed TK reservations (ours for a December 23 sailing on the Quest) have vanished. As others have reported, the site won't let me rebook the reservations.

Also, a booking for an April 2023 sailing has vanished from the "My Bookings" page of the Seabourn website.

The Seabourn website is disgracefully unreliable. 

5 hours ago, tnorton2 said:

Ok, so after reading this thread, I checked my reservation on-line and yes, indeed, my Keller reservation for dinner was missing from my itinerary.  This had me worried and just one more thing to check on.  I was ready to call Seabourn but decided, why not download the Seabourn app on my phone and check it there.  I downloaded the app and viewed my itinerary on the app and lo and behold!, the Keller reservation is there!  I took a screen shot of the reservation (just in case).  I would suggest downloading the Seabourn Source app onto your phone.  My hubby and I took our "photo" for the boarding process within the app for our upcoming cruise.  The app may not have a lot of bells and whistles but at least it saved me from fretting over my dinner reservations.. one less thing to worry about.

You’re correct … I checked Source App and now I have two reservations on the same night - oh dear ……

8 hours ago, jondfk said:

It does give me second thoughts booking shorex worrying they could similarly disappear … along with my money.  

I have a few excursions booked for our upcoming January cruise and though my TK bookings weren't there my excursions were. I take a hard copy of confirmation emails for things I have booked. It may be old school and usually isn't needed but I am on computers enough and travel enough to know "stuff happens".

8 hours ago, tnorton2 said:

I downloaded the app and viewed my itinerary on the app and lo and behold!, the Keller reservation is there!

Thanks for this suggestion. I checked Seabourn Source on my iPhone and I can see my upcoming cruise and itinerary. It is telling me I can't check everything until we are 14 days before our cruise. Is that what you had when you checked?

Okay, I was able to open the Seabourn Source app finally but there is nowhere to check or book dining reservations. Nothing at all shows in my account and if I click on TK in the dining box it just takes me to the menu. Excursions also don’t show up to book - I have none booked but it doesn’t show as an option. The only thing available is the ability to book spa treatments.

Email from Seabourn today confirming our TKG reservations, although they are still absent from the online  itnerary in my Seabourn account. I'll take their word for it, and I now have two emails confirming the reservations which I can wave at someone once on board if there are any problems. One less thing to worry about. Losing the reservations is not something I'd die in a ditch over, but nonetheless annoying and just another thing to add to various anxieties.

I have the Seabourn app on my phone, but using it is not something I am anticipating with any great relish. That it shows our flight from  Manchester, UK, as leaving from Mangalore in India does not inspire confidence.

Edited by Flamin_June
fixed typing mistaks
  • Haha 4

Yes, I am 10 days from sailing.  One would think that the online website and Seabourn Source would be linked once you have reserved/paid passage on Seabourn.. but there I go "thinking" again.  And yes, this is frustrating, one more thing "to do" once you get on the ship.. to check your dinner reservations in person.  

Are people who are more than 2weeks out able to see their TK reservations on Seabourn Source and, if so, can you tell me where the reservation appears.  I have clicked through everything and cannot find it.

1 hour ago, CLOU said:

Are people who are more than 2weeks out able to see their TK reservations on Seabourn Source and, if so, can you tell me where the reservation appears.  I have clicked through everything and cannot find it.

No. I’m three weeks out and can’t yet view my itinerary in the app.

Our cruise isn’t until next October, but after reading this thread, I emailed the Seabourn consultant who booked our TKG reservations to ask if the reservations were still in effect.  We are 2 couples with 2 suites, so we did the same thing as we did on our last cruise:  we booked 2 reservations per suite, each for 4 people.  
She told me all 4 reservations had been cancelled because we had more than 2 persons per reservation. (Yes, I had an email confirmation , but I guess that means nothing.) She said this is Seabourn’s new policy. .  She said that going forward, 1 reservation per suite for every 7 days would be allowed for ONLY THE PX BOOKED INTO THAT SUITE.  She said anyone who tries to book for more guests than that would be unable to do so, and if already booked, the reservation would automatically be cancelled. This is a different response than some of you have gotten.  Some of you said you were assured your reservations are still active even though you can’t see them.

The Seabourn representative was apologetic, and rebooked us, but was unable to get the same dates/times, and, of course, not together.  She said we could try to rebook onboard.  
I understand that this is a tiny problem, but it’s really, really bad customer service to make these changes behind the scenes and not tell us!

2 hours ago, wyattsaunt said:

Our cruise isn’t until next October, but after reading this thread, I emailed the Seabourn consultant who booked our TKG reservations to ask if the reservations were still in effect.  We are 2 couples with 2 suites, so we did the same thing as we did on our last cruise:  we booked 2 reservations per suite, each for 4 people.  
She told me all 4 reservations had been cancelled because we had more than 2 persons per reservation. (Yes, I had an email confirmation , but I guess that means nothing.) She said this is Seabourn’s new policy. .  She said that going forward, 1 reservation per suite for every 7 days would be allowed for ONLY THE PX BOOKED INTO THAT SUITE.  She said anyone who tries to book for more guests than that would be unable to do so, and if already booked, the reservation would automatically be cancelled. This is a different response than some of you have gotten.  Some of you said you were assured your reservations are still active even though you can’t see them.

The Seabourn representative was apologetic, and rebooked us, but was unable to get the same dates/times, and, of course, not together.  She said we could try to rebook onboard.  
I understand that this is a tiny problem, but it’s really, really bad customer service to make these changes behind the scenes and not tell us!

This is really a disappointment.  We always make our reservations for four people.  After all, many of the tables  in the TK Grill on each ship seat at least four people.  This seems to point to a cutback--both in food resources and staff available.  Is it just me, but are things getting more difficult?  Not being able to share a dinner at the TK Grill with another couple does not seem to support dining with whom you please.  

Edited by SLSD

And they haven’t changed the wording of the rules on the website in the section where you make your TKG reservations. It still says you can reserve for up to 6 people!  I get that, like a lot of businesses today, they may have had to make cutbacks for the reasons you mentioned, SLSD, but tif they’re going to do that, they need to communicate it!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLSD said:

This is really a disappointment.  We always make our reservations for four people.  After all, many of the tables  in the TK Grill on each ship seat at least four people.  This seems to point to a cutback--both in food resources and staff available.  Is it just me, but are things getting more difficult?  Not being able to share a dinner at the TK Grill with another couple does not seem to support dining with whom you please.  

SLSD I know you are just expressing your concerns but I have had multiple friends who are still on a Seabourn cruise or just got off and they have all enjoyed their cruises. In fact they have booked further cruises for 2023 and 2024. Everything wasn't exactly the same as there is still supply issues, though I remember that happening pre-Covid, and some places like Australia & New Zealand require masking it seems.But many things were just as good and the crew were still wonderful.

Social media and I include Cruise Critic and the other Face place in that description, doesn't give you a full picture. For example prior to Covid I was on a December 2019 cruise where I had a great time but on social media there was many complaints and honestly if it wasn't for the fact on saw these people on the ship I would have thought they were on a different cruise. In fact my only complaint if I was going to complain, was my husband & I were in the retreat one day and we had to leave early because the Seabourn Sailors had a private event there and so they needed us out so they could set up for them. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

SLSD I know you are just expressing your concerns but I have had multiple friends who are still on a Seabourn cruise or just got off and they have all enjoyed their cruises.

I totally understand that--and agree.  However,  why have guests now been precluded from making reservations for four in the TK Grill.  It seems to be the only way to enjoy friends for dinner there--to have a  reservation under one name that includes four people.  Maybe things are different once you get onboard and a reservation for two could be changed to one for four.  

I am just a bit worried that the financial issues for Carnival are more serious than many of us know.  I'm not looking for trouble, but I am concerned. 

Nothing I have read here (so far) would keep me from sailing on SB--but I do have concerns.  

Frantic36, I realize you were addressing your remarks to SLSD, not me, but I would like to respond.  I’ve only been on 1 Seabourn cruise so far, (Mediterranean 2021) and I had the best time I’ve ever had on a vacation IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. And honestly, if our group of 4 can only go to the TKG twice on our next 14-day cruise, that will be just fine.  My main reason for adding to this thread was to alert other posters about why our TKG reservations had been canceled and also to complain about the fact that, apparently, people who are already booked on future cruises with TKG reservations may have had their reservations cancelled without notice.

• Thanks 1

@wyattsaunt I am glad you had a good time on your cruise 😀. Thanks for letting us know your experience and it is a bit weird I agree what happened with your TK reservations. I have no experience with this issue as we only book for two.

I responded to SLSD's comment because I have read she is searching social media to try to gauge whether she should return to Seabourn at all and I think that is not reliable.

@SLSDto be honest I think many cruise lines have worrying debt however based on news articles I have read in Cruise Industry News and similar bookings are strong. In fact i was looking at a cruise in August 2024 and all high level suites were booked out and only a few verandah suites left.

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

@wyattsaunt I am glad you had a good time on your cruise 😀. Thanks for letting us know your experience and it is a bit weird I agree what happened with your TK reservations. I have no experience with this issue as we only book for two.

I responded to SLSD's comment because I have read she is searching social media to try to gauge whether she should return to Seabourn at all and I think that is not reliable.

@SLSDto be honest I think many cruise lines have worrying debt however based on news articles I have read in Cruise Industry News and similar bookings are strong. In fact i was looking at a cruise in August 2024 and all high level suites were booked out and only a few verandah suites left.

My comment earlier about monitoring social media is mostly to find out about the level of Covid on the ships and how it is handled.  Not afraid of becoming very ill--but have no desire to be stuck in our suite due to it (or to be put off the ship) .  

Believe me, we are fairly easy to please people!  SB could discontinue caviar and special order meals and we would not flinch.  We DO love the occasional MDR breakfast and lunch.  And, we enjoy dining with friends in the TK Grill.  We also won't book way in the future due to the caution of my business bankruptcy attorney husband.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SLSD said:

We also won't book way in the future due to the caution of my business bankruptcy attorney husband.  

SLSD, As an accountant, with experience in UK insolvency, I can see no reason why not to book something 'way' in the future. The worst that can happen is that you can lose your deposit.  By not booking far in advance you may not be able to get what you want.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Yes, a mutual friend who has met you on the Japan & Alaska cruise have said that you and Mr SLSD are lovely people.🙂

How nice of someone to day--we met so many wonderful people on that cruise from the UK, Australia, and the US.  

I've been on four Seabourn cruises since last November (2021) and for each I've been able to book TK reservations in advance for two (I have been traveling solo since my husband's death). When I've been on the ship if I wanted to change the reservation to four I have been able to do it with no problem.  For an upcoming cruise beginning in January on which I will be onboard for 58 days, I have been unable to book any reservation at all until the last week in February when I will have been on for a month already and then only for myself.  I called Seabourn and spoke to both Guest Relations and the Seabourn Club representative and I was told I shouldn't worry about it. They said I shouldn't have a problem booking when I board. I'm not at all confident that they know what they're talking about, but it's not worth worrying about.

BTW, I have had a good time on all four of the  post-covid cruises despite some little hiccups here and there.  I have been on some of the cruises about which some of the negative comments have been written both here and on the other website and I have wondered if perhaps I had been on a different cruise entirely. I realize that we all have different expectations, but that has been my experience.

• Like 5